Fertility support what else to do

Hi all… I am wondering what else you do for support during your fertility journey to help you cope with the process? Yoga, therapy, meditation??? Just wondering…
Thanks in advance for considering my question.
Lori

Hi @btlover,
This is quite a question you ask. I’m afraid there is no special recipy on how to survive well in this struggle…Well I did try yoga myself when preparing for treatments. But it never made me relax or feel at ease. Just time spent alone with my thoughts, neither distracting…Then, meditation - I’ve heard about this method but truly doubted it, so didn’t try. One more thing which is worth considering is accupuncture. It’s proved to increase the blood flow to the organs. This allows the cells some extra oxygen vital for the inner processes. I believe this can help the cells to maintain healthy…Then vitamins and supplements. Those are the best to be advised by your dr, suitable for your vary case. Evenings out with your partner/dh. From time to time private cryings. Getting to know more people on boards with similar problems as yours, chatting does help to let things out…I hope you have reasons to smile for today.

Thanks so much, JannetLee - I appreciate your input!!

Hi, ladies. I’m here to share a couple of things. Being overweight or underweight can affect your chances of conceiving respectively. Too much or too little body fat can make you have irregular periods. Or even stop them completely. Your weight is healthy if your BMI is between 20 and 25.
It’s known you should have sex within a day or so of ovulation. It usually happens about 14 days after the first day of your last period. It’s said an egg lives for about 12- 24 hours after it’s released.
For the best chance of success, you should have sex every 2 to 3 days throughout the month. This way you don’t need to time it to coincide with the days when you ovulate.
I’ve tried yoga. I personally don’t think it helped in a way. But taking folic acid is always an amazing idea. Whether you’re just trying or are already prego. You just need this nutrient for your fetus.
Also you’d better see your GP for advice if you have been trying for a baby for more than 1 year without success.

I’m sharing my journey of Surrogacy with you.
I’m basically from Japan we are settled in Japan from past few years. We are happily married. I’m totally infertile now as i had hysterectomy cancer and as i result i am infertile now. But my husband was there with me every time. Than we searched about surrogacy and found it best solution for us.
As Japan has banned surrogacy so we moved to Europe to find our dream come true. Than we moved to again as we heard there are many good clinics regarding surrogacy. We found a clinic and consulted them. They helped us to find a good surrogate mom. Now she is pregnant with our twin daughters. We are very excited about having two daughters. We are so thankful to the clinic. The surrogates mom are kind they let us have our dream come true.

Hi! One more thing to add. You are supposed to test in the afternoon instead of in the morning like a pg test. I heard to start testing at cd10 once a day and at around cd12 to start testing twice a day. It’s what I was doing. Most opks say that once you get a positive you will ovulate in 12-48 hours it should say on the box. Hope this helps.

I’m so glad to hear about you positive surrogacy experience!! Congratulations!
Did you use own eggs?
I believe egg retrieval was one of the challenging treatment steps for me. I had a heart monitor, pulse monitor and oxygen on me. The anesthesiologist started with a small amount of the medicine which made me feel comfortable and a little bit tired. He said that when the doctor was coming he would give me more. I was laying there with a nurse next to me. She asked me how I was feeling. I told her I had bad pain in both of my ovaries. I was feeling nauseous as well so she gave me an injection to make me less nauseous.
We slowly walked back better to the recovery room and my husband was there he had pain medicine for me which was a hydrocodone 5 milligrams. Once I was feeling confident that I could walk, my husband helped me to the car.
The ride home was hard because all the bumps really bothered me. The worst though was when I became nauseous and I threw up on the way home. This probably wouldn’t have happened if I took the anti nausea medicine like was prescribed but I didn’t have it on me so I took it afterwards.
Not that throwing up or pain are horrible in of themselves, but together it made me want my bed badly. I was very sore. The pain meds didn’t sink in, however I was able to fall asleep. When I woke up I was able to eat part of a protein shake and take my pain medicine I was getting better. Right after the procedure the doctors let my husband know that we had 12 eggs.
How did it pass for you?
Am just trying to compare…

hello. I just caught myself today at the thought, as for the family situation, it’s so difficult. Most people don’t really understand. It’s very frustrating. It does seem rather insensitive of putting us in the situation which makes you burst into tears. I think you have to have a chat with your husband so he knows how you feel. You can be very diplomatic and say you are sure everyone means well. but explain how it makes you feel. Your mental state is important. this journey can really grind you down. And sometimes you have to be selfish and put yourself first. I’d be more inclined to have a break if it’s needed to get more energy for further steps. If all goes well could this be your last holiday alone for many years to come. Praying for you.
@JannetLee, this is very near from what I’ve experienced with ER. I believe there could hardly be the lady who felt absolutely comfy with that…Because this is true invasion, we aren’t used to in every day life. 12 eggs is a good result though.

Hi, Yoga can help reduce the stress, which can affect fertility. I was used to buying ivf meds from https://ivfprescriptions.com good service.

@millie1, hi
Thank you for your kind respond. 12 eggs is a good number if only their quality is ok, you know. In my case the majority were too weak to fertilize. and those which did it produced only Bs and Cs embryos, which never got stuck inside…Well, we are different. So our bodies are. That’s good you were still able to use own eggs with surrogacy. What makes our paths the same is that we passed treatments in bio tex com which is really a great place to be treated at. Its staff is amazing - they help through every treatment step which is so useful. You might know we’ve used DE with IVF to conceive. Now I’m feeling quite confused over it because they created a new method - mitochondria donation therapy. I just wonder whether I could use it myself…How do they test the eggs for lacking energy or not? What are the costs? See, I wonder if I could use my own eggs, or this method is not for me because there is sth worse about them…I think I’ll contact my manager on the point because cannot settle my mind at ease…

Thank you, JannetLee, for your kind response.
Coping with infertility can be extremely difficult because there are so many unknowns. The emotional burden on a couple is considerable. Taking these steps can help you cope: Be prepared. The uncertainty of infertility testing and treatments can be difficult and stressful. Ask your doctor to explain the steps, and prepare for each one.
Set limits. Decide before starting treatment which procedures, and how many, are emotionally and financially acceptable for you and your partner. Fertility treatments may be expensive and often are not covered by insurance companies, and a successful pregnancy often depends on repeated attempts.
Consider other options. Determine alternatives - adoption, donor sperm or egg, donor embryo, gestational carrier or adoption, or even having no children - as early as possible in the infertility evaluation. This may reduce anxiety during treatments and feelings of hopelessness if conception doesn’t occur.
Seek support. Locate support groups or counseling services for help before and after treatment to help endure the process and ease the grief should treatment fail.
And as for where to look for support, I’m gonna to post a thing in my following comment :hugs:

So how to manage emotional stress? – Try these strategies to help manage emotional stress during treatment:
Express yourself. Reach out to others rather than repressing guilt or anger.
Stay in touch with loved ones. Talking to your partner, family and friends can be very beneficial. The best support often comes from loved ones and those closest to you.
Reduce stress. Some studies have shown that couples experiencing psychological stress had poorer results with infertility treatment. Try to reduce stress in your life before trying to become pregnant.
Exercise and eat a healthy diet. Keeping up a moderate exercise routine and a healthy diet can improve your outlook and keep you focused on living your life.
You’ll face the possibility of psychological challenges no matter your results:
Not achieving pregnancy, or having a miscarriage. The emotional stress of not being able to have a baby can be devastating even on the most loving and affectionate relationships.
Even if fertility treatment is successful, it’s common to experience stress and fear of failure during pregnancy. If you have a history of depression or anxiety disorder, you’re at increased risk of these problems recurring in the months after your child’s birth.
A successful pregnancy that results in multiple births introduces medical complexities and the likelihood of significant emotional stress both during pregnancy and after delivery.
Seek professional help if the emotional impact of the outcome of your fertility treatments becomes too heavy for you or your partner. This would be the best solution.
Hope this helps.

I’ve shared my background on threads here. I’ve always been quite open about my infertility struggles. In brief, these were 4 failed IVF rounds (DE and OE). Though I’ve been considered the one with ‘‘proven fertility’’ as I have my adorable 7 yo Mike, who’s my everything. I’ve got a super supportive dh who’s always been the ROCK of support for me. We’ve been through DE IVF cycle abroad, at Biotexcom, which resulted in our baby#2 who made himself comfortable inside lol. I already had my 7 wks scan - doctor told us everything is just right. So no need to worry, miracles do happen for older women too. (like me). When undergoing treatments You’ll always face the possibility of psychological challenges no matter your results:
The emotional stress of not being able to have a baby can be devastating even on the most loving and affectionate relationships. Or even if fertility treatment is successful, it’s common to experience stress and fear of failure during pregnancy. If you have a history of depression or anxiety disorder, you’re at increased risk of these problems recurring in the months after your child’s birth.
A successful pregnancy that results in multiple births introduces medical complexities and the likelihood of significant emotional stress both during pregnancy and after delivery.
This is not easy to keep all those emotions and expectations under control. But I believe you WILL!

Yoga and Low-impact Aerobic classes are good.

Coping with infertility can be extremely difficult because there are so many unknowns. The emotional burden on a couple is considerable. Taking these steps can help you cope:
The uncertainty of infertility testing and treatments can be difficult and stressful. Ask your doctor to explain the steps, and prepare for each one. Decide before starting treatment which procedures, and how many, are emotionally and financially acceptable for you and your partner. Fertility treatments may be expensive and often are not covered by insurance companies, and a successful pregnancy often depends on repeated attempts.
Determine alternatives - adoption, donor sperm or egg, donor embryo, gestational carrier or adoption, or even having no children - as early as possible in the infertility evaluation. This may reduce anxiety during treatments and feelings of hopelessness if conception doesn’t occur.
Locate support groups or counseling services for help before and after treatment to help endure the process and ease the grief should treatment fail.
Also here are things that helped. Figuring out the people who could sit and be a great ear when I needed it, not just dismiss or want to avoid the reality of IF and how I was feeling in this new pursuit. Avoiding people who made me feel worse. Finding special things to do when otherwise my mind would run - movie, series, book, day trip, walk on a beauty day, etc. Connecting with an IF counsellor who could help me reframe my thinking and plan in advance how to better get through events and situations that gave me anxiety. And ultimately reminded myself that giving myself my best and healthiest shot at this does not involve negative self-talk or torturing myself emotionally - finding key statements to repeat helped. Things like “I believe in my body and even if it takes time, I know I will become a mother!’’
Infertility treatment depends on the cause, your age, how long you’ve been infertile and personal preferences. Because infertility is a complex disorder, treatment involves significant financial, physical, psychological and time commitments. So make sure you’ve applied to the right reputable place for help. Good luck!