FET February 2011

I didn’t see a FET thread yet for February 2011, so I thought I’d start one up. I’ve had a failed IVf, then a miscarriage with IVF, and am now moving onto my first FET. The whole process of FET confuses me! :slight_smile: How long will it take before the transfer, different ways to make the FET more successful, medications involved… During my last IVF, fertility forum was such a help to me. I look forward to going through the FET with a great group! I hope to be here as an encourager and support to you too. :flower:

I’ve heard that FET can have lower statisitcs then fresh, but I’ve also heard that some women swear by it because the less stress on their bodies from less meds, increases success. So, i’m excited to give it a try.

:babydust: Hoping for a great February! :clap:

oh good!

[quote=Prayers]I didn’t see a FET thread yet for February 2011, so I thought I’d start one up. I’ve had a failed IVf, then a miscarriage with IVF, and am now moving onto my first FET. The whole process of FET confuses me! :slight_smile: How long will it take before the transfer, different ways to make the FET more successful, medications involved… During my last IVF, fertility forum was such a help to me. I look forward to going through the FET with a great group! I hope to be here as an encourager and support to you too. :flower:

I’ve heard that FET can have lower statisitcs then fresh, but I’ve also heard that some women swear by it because the less stress on their bodies from less meds, increases success. So, i’m excited to give it a try.

:babydust: Hoping for a great February! :clap:[/quote]

Hi Prayers! I was on the november ivf board with you and just got confirmation today that my cycle failed…had a beta of 72 but bled the same day and it has gone down from there…my follow up with the doc is December 27th so FET will be in beginning of Feb. I think…getting away to the Carribean over X-mas instead of planning for baby…so glad you started this thread! Let’s get it moving and be on the successful end of things :cross: this time around!!

summer

Hi Ladies,

I’m going to be doing my FET in late January / early February 2011. I’ll be transferring three frozen embies. They are one Grade A and two Grade Bs.

As you can see by my signature, I’m not new to this process. I feel like I’ve done one of everything!

I was originally on board to have my FET last week (right after Thanksgiving), however, my lining was too thin - 5.4mm - so they scrapped the cycle and we’ll be trying again as soon as I get my period.

I’m disappointed, but understand. I want my lining to be a lot thicker. The RE thinks it was a fluke. I’ve never had a very thick lining anyway - usually mid 7s to low 8 but at least it was trilayered. When I start up again shortly, I think they will immediately have me do Estradiol Valerate injections along with Estrace vaginally.

I also tested positive for PAI-1, so I will start Lovenox five days before transfer.

This has got to be my time!

Well, Good Luck to all of you and thanks for letting me share.

:welcome: SummerinDC ~ I’m so sorry that your cycle failed. We both had a solid first beta number too. Very upsetting and frustrating. I do hear that getting pregnant once does make it more possible to happen again because our bodies are getting used to what it feels like to be pregnant. Hoping that is true! I’m hoping for a great February! DH and I are heading to Hawaii in January to relax and have a break too!

:welcome: Girlatheart ~ You’ve had quite a journey with IVF too. Bummer about the lining last time, and hoping for success for you this time! I haven’t found out what meds I’m doing yet for sure. I know that I have some form of estrogen pills, and the Progesterone intermuscular injections. And, I’ll be on bcp. I don’t think they’ll be using Lupron. We’ll be meeting with RE to come up with a game plan sometime soon in December.

Has anyone heard any thing that can be done to improve chances of FET?

Girlatheart - why did they have you start the baby aspirin? I’m wondering if that could help me since I m/c last time.

Hey everyone,
I’m new at the forums and after the bad news my DH and I received on Monday after our first u/s, I just needed to post something. My RE said he sees a possible FET for the one frozen embie we have for February. Today though I am just waiting to miscarry or my RE will have to schedule a D & C.:grr: I understand getting away for the holidays. I wish I could but we are stuck here. Now I have to figure out how to get through the Holidays.

Welcome LittleBit ~ I am so sorry for your loss and the news you got today. I’m also just getting over a m/c that happened at 5 weeks. If you have any questions for me about how it went, please feel free to post or message me. Before mine happened, I was searching the net trying to find answers of what to expect… It was hard, and still is. I still feel blessed to have been pregnant for even a few weeks. But am scared of it happening again. I guess that is a normal fear to have.

I respect and love the little life that started and ended too quickly, and I look forward more than ever to be a mom. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to having you on the Feb FET board, and praying that your dreams come true soon.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Hi ladies well I was just part of the November FET thread but unfortunately it was unsuccessful so now I’m gonna have to start ALL OVER AGAIN. I’m looking to hopefully start in February so I hope you gals dont mind if I join even though I’m doing a fresh cycle. The Novemeber thread was super supportive not gonna lie it did sting a bit when there were so many success’s but I was not one of them. I suppose this is how this whole thing goes and when it does finally work it washes all the trials and heartache away. So glad to meet new ladies and HERE WE GO AGAIN. God bless :nerd: [/SIZE][/FONT]

Hi Stephanie,

You and your DH look like such a nice couple! Welcome to the Feb group! I’m sorry that your Nov didn’t work either. It is hard to not be on the BFP list when all a cycle finishes, I know what that is like. But, the support here is so encouraging. People here totally understand and can empathize, and give advice. I’m so glad you joined the thread! :slight_smile: Now, will February ever get here???! :slight_smile:

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Thanks [B]prayers[/B] I like to think we’re a nice couple lol and yes its hard not being on that list but God knows what hes doing and even though it may not be on my time I need to trust that he’ll provide me and my husband with a child to love. I do know that this whole process has not only made my marriage stronger and my husband and I so much closer but we have grown so much spirtually. Before this my hub wasnt so into faith as I am but now he not only respects my strong faith in God but has been coming with me to church and formulating his own relationship and that has made me extremely happy. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]So ladies whats your names where ya from. I’m here on Long Island in NY about 35 min outside NYC. My hub and I have been married for 2 years this past Sunday and have been TTC pretty much since we signed on the dotted line lol. Thanks again for starting the thread and YES february will ya get here already but TRUST ME it’ll be here before we know it. PS THAT PIC OF US IS FROM DISNEY ON OUR HONEYMOON THATS WHY WE LOOKS SO HAPPY LMAOOOO[/SIZE][/FONT]

Hi Ladies!!! Well, it looks like we are rounding up a good group so far! I have to say I can’t wait for February either because this recent failure has been pretty hard. This week my beta went from 28 to 53?? I just want it to be over! Does anyone know why this would happen?? Doc says it is not a viable pregnancy and I have to go back tomorrow morning for yet another test to make sure its dropping…i am SO over this…
I too came from the November IVF board where it seemed like EVERYONE got preggers but me…I thought for sure that it would only take one try…how stupid am I??

A bit about myself…I live in the DC area and work as a high school Health and PE teacher as well as coaching the field hockey team:cheer: I am from Ohio but my hubby is born and raised DC although he loves anything NY since his parents grew up in NYC. We got married in Hilton Head a year and a half ago and have been trying since the honeymoon…i have 2 younger sisters with 2 girls a piece and I feel so overdue that it is becoming hard to hide the bitterness.
After this passed failed cycle, i don’t feel like myself and both me and my husband are pretty BAH HUMBUG about the upcoming holiday…thank goodness we are going to the Virgin Islands!!! We need the sun!

I already feel lucky to connect with each of you! I sure hope this is making us stronger and better people too…:flower:

Summer

well, Im here… not for sure when we will have our FET, we meet with the RE next week Friday. I have a feeling it will be end of January, beginning of February.
I will be turning 41 in Feb though… eek

Prayers, my DH and I went to Kauai in 2007, we loved it! so peaceful, saw almost every part of that island, and so much to do and trails to hike.
Which island will you be going to? We also took a jumper plane to Ohau, so we could visit Pearl harbor which was very surreal and relaxed on wikiki beach and visited the animals at the Honolulu zoo.

My DH and I talked about taking a vaca too, but not sure we will be able to, we will just have to see.

I have not been to the virgin islands, and that sounds great too!

I am from Texas, and so is my DH…North Fort Worth, not to far from TX motor speedway.
Hope I can get more info on what FET really entails, so anyone with experience with FET any information would be greatly appreciated! Im with Prayers anything we should be starting now to prepare ourselves would be great to know.

Hope to be joining you ladies during this cycle and wish gl to all.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][B]Summer[/B] you are NOT stupid at all to think it would only take one try. I thought the same thing and hey it could’ve but unfortunately it didnt for my DH and I either. Im moving ahead though and for me I’m starting all over again because just Wednesday I found out my FET didn’t work as well. Im not giving up home though. I go for my Post Consult today with my RE so I’ll see what he says should be my next move. As for the bitterness TRUST when I say YOU ARE NOT ALONE and it’s a perfectly natural part of the process. I actually joined a support group in my facility to help get through the heartache of this process in one piece and with that and these boards and my super supportive husband I’m doing as well as I can. Dont get me wrong though I was very upset on Wednesday when my doctor called me with the news however I was slightly prepared because I POAS in the morning to know how it was gonna go either way before the call because during my fresh cycle the wait all day for the call was complete and total torture. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]As far as the protocol for a FET you ladies will actually like it. Its way more relaxed and much less stress on the body which is why alot of women feel it works better for them. Dont let my cycle be discouraging either just because I said mine didnt work doesnt mean it wont work for you. A whole gaggle of ladies got preggo on my Novemeber FET board so it does definitely happen UNFORTUNATELY for me it did NOT grrrr. I keep close to my faith during these trying situations and trust God knows what hes doing. Even though its not on my time line and I’m super frustrated beyond belief lol I do believe that every thing happens for a reason. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]WOW DC TEXAS NY we have some good cities on this thread were covering the US quite nicely. Lets keep each other posted on what our RE’s do at our facilities because what I’ve learned is each place is so different. What one place does may not be whats done at another and when something is different I go in and ask questions “hey why dont we do this at this place because they do it at other facilites”. Becoming more knowledgeable allows us to make well informed decisions reguarding such an important thing in our lives. much love peace and :bsv: [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]PS WOW I WAS LONG WINDED THIS MORNING AND ITS ONLY 7:27 am SORRY GALS lol [/SIZE][/FONT]

Hi Stephanie, This whole process has made DH and I closer too and our faith has deepened to. Trust me, it has caused major stress in our home at times, and some meltdowns and extra conflicts, but we get through them. WE’ve now spent $35,000 so far, so that is a stress. Then the emotional and physical aspect. And, we all know how time consuming this is. IVF is just plain hard to go through. (Not to be a Debbie Downer). But, I’m thankful for the opportunity to try, and the rest is in God’s hands. That’s great that you’ve found some wonderful support systems to help get through these tough times. I really believe that is important to have. Stephanie, thank you for all the great info on the FET experience you had too.

Summerindc ~ I’m sorry that your beta is acting up so much! I ended up having to do 6 Beta tests to get to 2 finally. Did they say why it is rising again? I’m glad you and your dh are getting to go to the Virgin Islands. I’m trying to fight the Bah Hum Bug feelings too.

Marmylade ~ Wow you are lucky that you live in Texas where it’s warm right now! I’m in WI and we have 6-10 inches of snow on the way tomorrow and we had 3 inches last night! :slight_smile: That’s great that your FET might be in late Jan early Feb! that means you’ll be one of the first to have your ET! Mine won’t be until later in February I’m pretty sure. DH and I are going to Maui. His dad has a timeshare there, so we get to stay with him for free. So, basically we are trying to track down the cheap flights.

AFM ~ I’m just trying to psych myself up to try again. The m/c really discouraged me initially, but each day my hope grows more that it could work for me again. :pray: to all the ladies on this board for our dreams to come!

I could literally scream right now…i went in for what I thought would be my last beta so i could move on with this mess, and my beta went up to 78!!! the nurse said it IS NOT a viable pregnancy but I have to go in yet again on Monday for more blood tests…if it is still up,I have to take methatrexate to kill whatever is sticking around in my uterus…if this affects my travel plans i am going to lose it!!! My faith is pretty non-existant at the moment and a glass of wine is calling my name…:grr: :grr: :grr: :grr:

:grr: :grr: :grr: I’m sorry summerindc that totally sucks! Things are hard enough, without this part being more difficult than it has to be. Maybe they’ll just let you do a d&c to make sure that the m/c is totally done. D&C can make for a higher success rate next time too. You are stuck in a really hard place right now, and I just hope this goes faster for you.

I thought I’d share what helps me when I hit a wall. Buying something little for the nursery room, or buying a maternity top. Ok, maybe this is completely dumb, because if it doesn’t work, I just spent money all of this stuff that I’ll be sad I can’t use. But, I figure then I’ll donate it to needy mom’s or give as a shower gift. But, for right now, the things I buy are for my dream that will come true. (I’m not spluring or anything, just a maternity top, or a little picture for the nursery). It sort of eases my anxiety. Another thing, I’ve done is started a Shutterfly book I call “Before You Were Born” (I cleverly stole this title from a book for children about IVF!) I’ve been taking pics of my mom visiting and cooking for me during bed rest, I take a pic of my dh and I before we go to the hospital for transfers, I have pictures of cards and gifts people have sent to encourage me, I even have pics of my meds. The book has a very positive spin to it though. I have sooooo many more pages to plan once we finally get pregnant. Again, maybe this is just a waste of time, but it helps me right now. Just thought I’d share these ideas to see if anyone does something like that to help get through these times. :grouphug:

Summerindc I completely understand the bah humbug feeling. As soon as we got the news from my RE that the pregnancy has only a 2% chance of being viable, I stopped all decorating the house and cringe at the expression “Happy Holidays”. I told my DH back in October that all I really wanted for Christmas was a baby with him. Now since my last visit I lost the only gift I wanted. I’m devastated and crushed.

I also understand the feeling that I hope it works with the first one. I have no known fertility issues. My DH and I have to go down the path of IVF w/ICSI because he had a vasectomy over 10+ years ago in his previous marraige. Just frustrated that we have to do this again.

I go back to the RE on Monday, and he already said that if there is no hb he wants to schedule me for a D&C so we can move on. I have no symptoms of a miscarraige and just want this part to be over. Aghh!!!:af:

[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]Lilbit[/B] and [B]DC[/B] I feel terrible and I pray that this goes fast for you. I cant even imagine how that must feel, I only got a negative and feel such sadness and I’m just waiting for my period but to have to go thru a procedure for it to end must be so hard for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]Prayers[/B] What a great idea and think I’ll do the same thing. I already kinda do something a smidge similiar like I’ve bought a few things that I was afraid I wouldnt be able to get when my time does finally come around. I think I’m gonna start a journal of the trials I’m going through so my child will know how I went to great lengths to hold them in my arms. I have a feeling ladies were gonna be good luck for one another. I already feel such huge support and the thread just started, wait till we’ve been chatting it up for months and months lol ! [/FONT][/SIZE]

Summer and Lilbit… group hugs to you both. I will keep you in my prayers.

Prayers in texas it is way warmer than WI, but we suppose to be in the 20’s -30’s starting Sunday evening… I like your ideas on how you are staying connected to your dreams and hopes, I may have to adopt a few of the ideas. Thank you for sharing!