FET Success - Low Grade Embabies

Just wondering if anyone has had a successful FET with low grade embabies?

We’re tentatively scheduled for our FET in July with a couple of low grades and I’m just trying to get a feel for the odds.

Our RE is telling us we’re looking at a 40% chance versus the 50% of a fresh cycle.

We’ve done 6 rounds of IVF, 5 with fresh 1 FET. We’ve been to several different clinics over the years and all of the docs stressed grading doesn’t imply success. This of course makes no sense to me otherwise why would they do it in the first place? Right?

The good news is that we are currently pregnant with a low grade (it was a single Grade “C” 5 day frozen blast). We are now at 16 weeks and everything is looking great. Our prior successful pregnancy was a fresh transfer of 2 Grade “A” embryos that gave us our beautiful perfect in every way daughter.

We’re now just waiting for our son in Nov. So I guess my point is; don’t stress on the grade, you have an embryo that made it this far, there is no reason why it can’t be a success for you too!

[quote=islasdad]We’ve done 6 rounds of IVF, 5 with fresh 1 FET. We’ve been to several different clinics over the years and all of the docs stressed grading doesn’t imply success. This of course makes no sense to me otherwise why would they do it in the first place? Right?

The good news is that we are currently pregnant with a low grade (it was a single Grade “C” 5 day frozen blast). We are now at 16 weeks and everything is looking great. Our prior successful pregnancy was a fresh transfer of 2 Grade “A” embryos that gave us our beautiful perfect in every way daughter.

We’re now just waiting for our son in Nov. So I guess my point is; don’t stress on the grade, you have an embryo that made it this far, there is no reason why it can’t be a success for you too![/quote]

I absolutely heart this post! Congrats on your success! Makes me hopeful.

:clap:

[quote=Brooke]I am currently pregnant with a 4AC blast. I don’t think it is necessarily “low grade” because they wouldn’t/shouldn’t freeze low grade embryos, but it certainly wasn’t the best (AA)

Also, if you see my signature, my FET #2 which was from the same batch of frozen embryos as this current cycle, failed despite transferring a 4AA and 4AB blast.[/quote]

Congrats to you!! I know it can definitely happen but it’s funny…part of me wants to remain grounded for fear of disappointment and the other part of me wants to be hopeful. Aww, the plight of infertile women! lol

Fragmented embryo

Hi! Just wanted you to know that my poorly graded highly fragmented 5 cell embryo is now a happy healthy super bright two and a half year old boy! I meditated, did acupuncture and ate pineapple core but I think it’s more important to relax and stay positive :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing this!! The closer we get to our FET the more stories like this give me hope.

Thank you!!

My FET was 2 day 5 embryos that hadn’t even made it past the morula stage. They were quite a way from becoming blasts even. I’m now 24 weeks with one of those slow growers.

Congrats!! :cheer: :cheer:

I think I’ve exhausted the whole www looking for low grade embryo fet success stories and I’m only one week into my bc pill stage.

What the hell am I going to do all day at work now?! :grr: