FET success stories with low beta numbers

Hi ladies, I just had my first beta 9dpt and it was at 43. My nurse told me they wanted it to be at 50, but all that matters is the doubling. She said they weren’t worried about it, I told her I was worried because I’ve seen numbers at 100+ and she said well everyone’s different. I’m just looking for some type of reassurance if anyone has any success stories that would be great. Also, why is it that my clinic wants it at 50 on 9dpt and other clinics at 100? It doesn’t make sense to me. Thanks :slight_smile:

First Beta at 5

No, You read that right! My first Beta with my FET in 2006 was 5, but I was pregnant.
My nurse said, "Well, we’ll go with it. Keep taking your medication. We’ll talk again in two days…"
My son was born in 2007 and now he’s 6 years old and he’s wonderful!
For more info, you can see some charts:

Early Pregnancy HCG Levels and Ultrasound Pictures

HCG Levels

[QUOTE=adoette]No, You read that right! My first Beta with my FET in 2006 was 5, but I was pregnant.
My nurse said, "Well, we’ll go with it. Keep taking your medication. We’ll talk again in two days…"
My son was born in 2007 and now he’s 6 years old and he’s wonderful!
For more info, you can see some charts:

Early Pregnancy HCG Levels and Ultrasound Pictures

HCG Levels[/QUOTE]
Thanks for sharing your story! You just gave me hope!

[QUOTE=Carly_1]Hi ladies, I just had my first beta 9dpt and it was at 43. My nurse told me they wanted it to be at 50, but all that matters is the doubling. She said they weren’t worried about it, I told her I was worried because I’ve seen numbers at 100+ and she said well everyone’s different. I’m just looking for some type of reassurance if anyone has any success stories that would be great. Also, why is it that my clinic wants it at 50 on 9dpt and other clinics at 100? It doesn’t make sense to me. Thanks :)[/QUOTE]

Hi Carly,
I’ve been following and (rarely) posting on the april fet board. I am in the same boat as you…first beta 23 on Friday. I have been crying all weekend, not sleeping, really just upset at the tough start to this pregnancy (if you can call it that yet). I feel so sad that we have come so far to get our positive test and we can even really be happy or excited.

I really hope we both have sky rocketing numbers tomorrow at the second beta but I just don’t know what is going to happen. It was weird because last Wed and Thursday, I had faint lines on frer. Then Thursday afternoon I had a positive on a digital. When the nurse said the beta was 23, I didn’t know how that even made sense. Took another digital this morning to see if it was bfn or faint but nope, right away bfp.

I don’t know what to think. I have a really big, long day at work tomorrow and I can barely hold it together. I’m going o have the nurse call my hubby with the results. I am praying big time that it’s just a slow implanted or something.

Yes…anyone with success stories, would love to hear!

My first beta on 9dp5dt was 26. I am now 20 weeks along. I have had it go both ways (first IVF beta was 35 and resulted in a chemical). It was hard for me to think that this time was ok, but here I am! My advice is to be hopeful and realistic all at once. I have heard that FETs can start with much lower betas than fresh cycles.

:grouphug:

[QUOTE=musicgal]My first beta on 9dp5dt was 26. I am now 20 weeks along. I have had it go both ways (first IVF beta was 35 and resulted in a chemical). It was hard for me to think that this time was ok, but here I am! My advice is to be hopeful and realistic all at once. I have heard that FETs can start with much lower betas than fresh cycles.

:grouphug:[/QUOTE]

Musicgal, thanks for sharing your story. Did you feel differently this time than you did with the chemical? Symptom wise?

Nope, I didn’t have any symptoms either time. Actually, I just started having pregnancy symptoms around week 16 in this pregnancy. I guess that’s one good thing about low Hcg :slight_smile:
Low betas are tough because even when it continues to go up…you see a heartbeat…have your 12 week scan…you still can’t get comfortable with the idea that everything is going well. At least I couldn’t. I am finally starting to relax the past week or two.

Hang in there. It might all work out just fine!!!

[QUOTE=musicgal]Nope, I didn’t have any symptoms either time. Actually, I just started having pregnancy symptoms around week 16 in this pregnancy. I guess that’s one good thing about low Hcg :slight_smile:
Low betas are tough because even when it continues to go up…you see a heartbeat…have your 12 week scan…you still can’t get comfortable with the idea that everything is going well. At least I couldn’t. I am finally starting to relax the past week or two.

Hang in there. It might all work out just fine!!![/QUOTE]
Thanks for sharing. That just sounded like a Cinderella story. I’m so happy for you and hope I have the same outcome:cross: :pray:

[QUOTE=bbcitos]Hi Carly,
I’ve been following and (rarely) posting on the april fet board. I am in the same boat as you…first beta 23 on Friday. I have been crying all weekend, not sleeping, really just upset at the tough start to this pregnancy (if you can call it that yet). I feel so sad that we have come so far to get our positive test and we can even really be happy or excited.

I really hope we both have sky rocketing numbers tomorrow at the second beta but I just don’t know what is going to happen. It was weird because last Wed and Thursday, I had faint lines on frer. Then Thursday afternoon I had a positive on a digital. When the nurse said the beta was 23, I didn’t know how that even made sense. Took another digital this morning to see if it was bfn or faint but nope, right away bfp.

I don’t know what to think. I have a really big, long day at work tomorrow and I can barely hold it together. I’m going o have the nurse call my hubby with the results. I am praying big time that it’s just a slow implanted or something.

Yes…anyone with success stories, would love to hear![/QUOTE]
Was just thinking about you today. I know exactly how you feel. I just told DH, what matters is the second beta, it just sucks that we have to start this pregnancy this way- you took the words right out of my mouth. And I just can’t seem to stop crying either. I tried. I even went to retail therapy and the second I got back into the car, just started crying again. I’m just :pray: I had a late implantation. I started feeling different on day 2 and 3 so I’m hoping that’s the case. I don’t know, now I’m rambling. I also stopped having symptoms yesterday which was 8dpt and still nothing today. What exactly did your nurse say about your number? What is their average? My nurse was in an upbeat mood and didn’t seem to worry that’s why I’m so confused.

[QUOTE=Carly_1]Was just thinking about you today. I know exactly how you feel. I just told DH, what matters is the second beta, it just sucks that we have to start this pregnancy this way- you took the words right out of my mouth. And I just can’t seem to stop crying either. I tried. I even went to retail therapy and the second I got back into the car, just started crying again. I’m just :pray: I had a late implantation. I started feeling different on day 2 and 3 so I’m hoping that’s the case. I don’t know, now I’m rambling. I also stopped having symptoms yesterday which was 8dpt and still nothing today. What exactly did your nurse say about your number? What is their average? My nurse was in an upbeat mood and didn’t seem to worry that’s why I’m so confused.[/QUOTE]

When was your beta then 7dp5dt? if so, that is early for beta testing and your number is really good!!

My beta was on 9dp5dt. The nurse said the test was positive but that I should be guarded. That it wasn’t that she hadn’t seen a baby come from a number like mine but that she also has seen miscarriage or blighted ovum. She said to stay positive and wait until we see the results from
The second beta, which will be 12dp5dt (tomorrow). She said she likes to see between 60-70.

[QUOTE=bbcitos]When was your beta then 7dp5dt? if so, that is early for beta testing and your number is really good!!

My beta was on 9dp5dt. The nurse said the test was positive but that I should be guarded. That it wasn’t that she hadn’t seen a baby come from a number like mine but that she also has seen miscarriage or blighted ovum. She said to stay positive and wait until we see the results from
The second beta, which will be 12dp5dt (tomorrow). She said she likes to see between 60-70.[/QUOTE]
My beta was today 9dpt but I stopped having symptoms yesterday 8dpt. She likes to see 60-70 on 9dpt or she wants to see that number on your next beta? My nurse basically said the same thing.

[QUOTE=Carly_1]My beta was today 9dpt but I stopped having symptoms yesterday 8dpt. She likes to see 60-70 on 9dpt or she wants to see that number on your next beta? My nurse basically said the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Have you POAS today? What symptoms are/were you having?

My nurse said on 9dp5dt she likes to see 60-70…so I’m like a third of that (gulp). I just don’t understand how I got a positive digital pregnancy test the night before if it was 23 the next morning. I did another digi test this morning an it was positive with a darker line…who knows what that means tho.

[QUOTE=musicgal]Nope, I didn’t have any symptoms either time. Actually, I just started having pregnancy symptoms around week 16 in this pregnancy. I guess that’s one good thing about low Hcg :slight_smile:

Hang in there. It might all work out just fine!!![/QUOTE]

It is so encouraging to hear your story. So happy for you that things have gone so well!

That is pretty much my fear…that even if the pregnancy I viable I will be walking on eggshells for the next three months. I really was hoping for a break! I sure hope things turn out well.

When do they tell you that you are in the clear?

[QUOTE=bbcitos]Have you POAS today? What symptoms are/were you having?

My nurse said on 9dp5dt she likes to see 60-70…so I’m like a third of that (gulp). I just don’t understand how I got a positive digital pregnancy test the night before if it was 23 the next morning. I did another digi test this morning an it was positive with a darker line…who knows what that means tho.[/QUOTE]
Cramps, fatigue, back pain, constant need to urinate, non stop growling stomach, fatigue. It was like a switch of a light though, so weird. No I didn’t poas today. I will every morning from here on out though just to stay a little sane. I don’t understand it either. I think if it keeps getting darker that’s a good sign right? Girl I hope we have strength to get through this week:pray:

After my second beta and third betas went up so well they told me i was in the clear. I just couldnt believe it was true

[QUOTE=musicgal]After my second beta and third betas went up so well they told me i was in the clear. I just couldnt believe it was true[/QUOTE]
That’s awesome! Did they think implantation happened late? Or just a slow starter?

[QUOTE=Carly_1]Cramps, fatigue, back pain, constant need to urinate, non stop growling stomach, fatigue. It was like a switch of a light though, so weird. No I didn’t poas today. I will every morning from here on out though just to stay a little sane. I don’t understand it either. I think if it keeps getting darker that’s a good sign right? Girl I hope we have strength to get through this week:pray:[/QUOTE]

I’ve been having feeling like my uterus is stretching, very mild cramping, some back pain, frequent urination, fatigue but also sleeplessness and I’m actually less hungry than I usually am…like I fill up really quickly. Also super thirsty!

Not sure what it means about the symptoms changing like you mentioned. I will pray for us to have the strength to get through this week. Who knew there was a period more hellish than the 2ww…I feel so naive!

No explanation really. The nurse just said that sometimes FETs start lower. Maybe those embryos need a chance to wake up after the deep freeze :slight_smile:
Anyway, your number is much better than mine so I wouldnt worry too much, it’s all a waiting game, isn’t it?!

[QUOTE=musicgal]After my second beta and third betas went up so well they told me i was in the clear. I just couldnt believe it was true[/QUOTE]

Did you POAS before beta? If so, what dpt and were they positive?

MusicGal, you’re like our expert witness, LOL!

[QUOTE=bbcitos]I’ve been having feeling like my uterus is stretching, very mild cramping, some back pain, frequent urination, fatigue but also sleeplessness and I’m actually less hungry than I usually am…like I fill up really quickly. Also super thirsty!

Not sure what it means about the symptoms changing like you mentioned. I will pray for us to have the strength to get through this week. Who knew there was a period more hellish than the 2ww…I feel so naive![/QUOTE]
I can’t stop laughing at that last line, Thanks I really needed that! :cross: for your double numbers PLEASE!!!:pray: