FET & Swimming

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Has anyone been successful with their FET and gone swimming? My FET is coming up next week and the nurse said no swimming until a confirmed pregnancy test. Then if I am pregnant no swimming until my 1st OB appt. We reside in Arizona where it’s currently 118. Why can’t I go swimming? It’s not like I’m going to be jumping or swimming in a wave pool. Just leisure time in the pool, is that really bad? [/FONT][/SIZE]

I think it has to do with the difference in the temp that may disturb the process but I am not sure!! I live in the uk and here docs don’t even advice to rest after any form of et and they send you to work the next day but they say no swimming!! If I where u I would follow their instructions and just stay away from the pool, drink about 2 litres of water it helps with attachment and generally take it easy
Good luck

Listen to her advice. It is better to stay away because of hygiene as well. You never know where you can get some infections.

after my last ivf cycle i was told no baths because it increased the chance of infection, so perhaps the pool is on the same lines.

Thanks for the info. I will most def stay away from the pool and baths. I took 4 days off of work to relax and let my embryos settle in. Hope this helps. Best of luck to everyone TTC. :babydust: