FET with 2 day 6 blast

Ladies, Any positive stories with 6 day blast? This might be my only chance.

What is problem with 6 day blasts? Since they are growing slower than 5 day?

I have 2 six day blasts I am transferring in June.

[QUOTE=Suma]What is problem with 6 day blasts? Since they are growing slower than 5 day?

I have 2 six day blasts I am transferring in June.[/QUOTE]
My doctor said day 5 are better. After my first IVF, I had one frozen embryo and my dr recommended a fresh cycle as it was a day 6 blast.

[QUOTE=Brooke]There are plenty of success stories. My first FET was a 6 day blast and I became pregnant from that cycle. I ultimately miscarried but that was not due to the embryo being frozen on day 6.[/QUOTE]
Congratulations on your pregnancy and thank you for your encouragement.

[QUOTE=Brooke]There is no reason you should do a fresh cycle if you have a frozen 6 day blast if it is good quality and survives the thaw. They shouldn’t have frozen it if it were poor quality and, as I mentioned, there have been many success stories with day 6 blasts.

Keep in mind that fees for an IVF cycle are much higher than FET (more $ for RE) and their success rates may be higher when doing fresh (better for their stats to have successes as opposed to failures).
We all like to believe that our Dr’s have our best interests in mind but the fact that he is telling you to bypass the FET altogether is making me question his intention… unless there is more to the story. A day 6 blast is not uncommon!

I would ask him the following questions:

• What method of freezing was used on the embryo
  • What grade is it rated
  • What is their FET success rate - is it comparable to fresh?

Edited to add: I have 4 frozen day 6 blasts and have full intention of using them should this pregnancy fail![/QUOTE]

Well my dr did suggest FET this time round as my last IVF cycle was not successful. We are going to be now paying out of our own pocket plus we only want one more child. Keeping this in mind my doctor did recommend the FET.

They don’t grade the embryos at my clinic and the success rates are comparable my dr said. I am anxious as this is my last chance most likely and I want it to work.

Check SART for your clinic’s fresh and thawed success rates. SART: IVF Success Rates.

We have two Day 6 blasts that we plan to transfer on June 14th. On Day 5 our embryologist told us these two were low quality (BC and CC) and wanted to wait another day. Thank god we did because they improved to BB and BB. We had both tested and both came back normal.

I think it’s misleading to say Day 5 is “better” than Day 6. Some embryos may just need a little more time. Each situation is unique!

[QUOTE=jilleebean]Check SART for your clinic’s fresh and thawed success rates. SART: IVF Success Rates.

We have two Day 6 blasts that we plan to transfer on June 14th. On Day 5 our embryologist told us these two were low quality (BC and CC) and wanted to wait another day. Thank god we did because they improved to BB and BB. We had both tested and both came back normal.

I think it’s misleading to say Day 5 is “better” than Day 6. Some embryos may just need a little more time. Each situation is unique![/QUOTE]

What do you mean by getting the embryos tešted? This is my first FET and I am not aware of this. Is this done before freezing?

I also agree that day 6 blast doesn’t mean it is worse than day 5. Last cycle I had 12 blasts- 9 day 5 and 3 day 6. All of them A and B quality. They were cgh tested and only 2 came out normal, one of them day 6. Before, I also had similar experience. So, , nothing to do with day 5 or 6.
In my opinion, if a woman has normal embryos, tested on day 5 or 6, better to go FET for the body to go to a normal state of hormones. Im planning to do so. I will give 2months between the er and fet because last time when I transferred 2 normal blasts, I had a chemical pregnancy. I have a feeling that higher estrogen (÷because of the meds)impacts my embryos.

[QUOTE=cosmopolitan4112008]I also agree that day 6 blast doesn’t mean it is worse than day 5. Last cycle I had 12 blasts- 9 day 5 and 3 day 6. All of them A and B quality. They were cgh tested and only 2 came out normal, one of them day 6. Before, I also had similar experience. So, , nothing to do with day 5 or 6.
In my opinion, if a woman has normal embryos, tested on day 5 or 6, better to go FET for the body to go to a normal state of hormones. Im planning to do so. I will give 2months between the er and fet because last time when I transferred 2 normal blasts, I had a chemical pregnancy. I have a feeling that higher estrogen (÷because of the meds)impacts my embryos.[/QUOTE]
Good luck to you with your FET. I am hoping and praying that this cycle works for me. I have 1 embryo from each of my IVF and I hope they thaw and grow and stick :cross:

I did my FET with a 6 day embryo and have a 3 month old LO.

[QUOTE=t&tmcgil]I did my FET with a 6 day embryo and have a 3 month old LO.[/QUOTE]
Congratulations and thank you for posting. It is very encouraging.

Okay Ladies, Checked with the doctor again on the frozen embryos and got some more info. The 1st IVF embryo is actually day 5 and is in a late captivating structure, which as per my doctor is appropriate for day 5. The 2nd IVF embryo is a day 6 and is more advanced and is an expanded blastocyst. Can anyone shed some light on whether these are okay for the days they are at? I actually have no idea what this information means and any insight into this would be very helpful.

Shilwil - As my miscarriage (see signature) was likely due to chromosomal abnormalities, we decided to have our embryos tested. Chromosomal testing is done prior to the embryos being frozen.

Here are some links for your info:
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Embryo Screening) | Clinical Services | Patient Care | Penn Fertility Care | Penn Medicine

CCS Testing - CCS IVF | CCRM

Regarding your question about the different stages of embryos, take a look at this site. IVF Embryo Quality & Grading, Day 3 Embryo Development & Pictures. It has a lot of good pictures and explanations.

Transfered two 6 day blasts. Both stuck. Mine were AA quality and were collapsed but doctor said they were “expanding”… that is normal for blasts as the collapsing and expanding process is what helps them to hatch. Day 6 embryos are just as good as day 5 of the same quality. Some clinics prefer to let embryos grow to day 6. Some embryos are slower to grow too but that doesn’t mean they aren’t good quality. I’d say you have very good chances.

[quote=jilleebean]Shilwil - As my miscarriage (see signature) was likely due to chromosomal abnormalities, we decided to have our embryos tested. Chromosomal testing is done prior to the embryos being frozen.

Here are some links for your info:
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Embryo Screening) | Clinical Services | Patient Care | Penn Fertility Care | Penn Medicine

CCS Testing - CCS IVF | CCRM

Regarding your question about the different stages of embryos, take a look at this site. IVF Embryo Quality & Grading, Day 3 Embryo Development & Pictures. It has a lot of good pictures and explanations.[/quote]

Thank you I will check the link out.

Thank you for your positive story. Very encouraging.

D5 or Better but D6 work too!!!

All things being equal, I’ll take a D5 Blasts over D6. A very large center doing ~2k cycles per year looked at D5 Vs. D6 FET rates. Although D6 rates were good- they were overall 10-15% lower than D5 only rates. There are a few biases that contribute to this, but instinctively makes sense as well. That all said and and documented, there is NO reason to write off D6 blasts- They make very healthy very beautiful babies. Good luck!!!

barkology, a lot of that research is highly clinic specific because of the way each clinic incubates their embryos and the mediums that they use…not to mention freeze/thaw protocols and all of that.

My experience is anecdotal but my donors did two transfers, one with 1 embryo and one with 2 and they have three kids. I did one transfer of 2 and I have twins. The other person I donated some embryos to did 2 FETs of 2 embryos each and has one daughter from the second transfer.