Financial constraints of infertility

A few years ago, my husband and I found out that he was infertile. This diagnosis was devastating for us because we had wanted to have children of our on for many years. Over time we had considered alternative methods to having children. In fact, we went and became certified foster parents but after a year and a half with no placements we knew we needed to look for another option. That’s when we started doing research into IUI’s and IVF’s. Since then we have gone through both the financial and emotional rollercoasters of infertility treatments, having done four separate IUI’s. I am proud to say that we are now pregnant with twins. Over the years though my husband has been working full time to support us as well as putting himself through college. Now he is only a few months away from finishing his bachelor’s degree in health administration and he must write an in-depth research paper on some form of health issue. He has decided to write about the infertility topic but there tends to be so much information on types, treatment and prevention options for infertility, and not wanting to write on a topic that’s been done a hundred times before he has decided to do it on the financial constraints that couples face with affording infertility treatments. So, I was hoping that some of you would be willing to take a quick survey that he has created to better gather data on the topic because it is his goal that his research paper will help other people who are just starting out with infertility issues determine the best way to raise the necessary funds needed to pay for the treatment costs. If you would be willing to participate in this anonymous survey the link to his questions is here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6WXSDB6

I think I can help you with my story. So that our husband becomes more knowledgeable with what he will be dealing with. Infertility is one of the worst nightmares couples go through. Every couples enter into a marriage with positivity. Yet all this is taken away. They imagine a family with many children. Then they realize that one of them is infertile. They start the unending process. I have been TTC for over 5 years. Had 2 failed IVF and 1 IUI. You can imagine how discouraging it is. But you have to be strong. I did not give up at that point. So I went on searching for my joy. I came across a good clinic online.

. They helped me with my surrogacy procedure. I can now say that I am a proud mother of a 2 year old kid.

Infertility itself is a passionate ordeal. At the point when couples need to have children and feel their organic timekeepers ticking in a manner of speaking, they feel the weight is on. What’s more, when it doesn’t occur without anyone else, it can be destroying. Most people will have the strong desire to conceive a child at some point during their lifetime. Understanding what defines normal fertility is crucial to helping a person, or couple, know when it is time to seek help. Most couples (approximately 85%) will achieve pregnancy within one year of trying, with the greatest likelihood of conception occurring during the earlier months. Only an additional 7% of couples will conceive in the second year. As a result, infertility has come to be defined as the inability to conceive within 12 months. This diagnosis is therefore shared by 15% of couples attempting to conceive.

Bless you, I understand how you feel when you say it hurts! It is hard to tackle, probably the hardest thing any of us here will go/is going through, it’s the end result that keeps us going though. That’s right, it’s better to be in the best place mentally. Easier said then done tough. Every month is like quick sand. We try and wait. We get hopes up and then start cycles over. One should feel safe his program covers him from money loss. Our clinic for this purpose offers 5 cycles for EUR 9,900 (EUR 1,980 per cycle) which includes donor eggs, all medications, transfer from/to the airport and from/to the clinic, accommodation, meals, interpreter services. In case you fail to fall prego after 5 shots in a row and don’t want to continue trying -they refund all money paid back! This is definitely a nice back plan to have. If no luck you can spend money on some other treatments in other places. I’ve never happened to see such offer before. (I mean for such a cost!) We’re here on different stages of treatments. But we all are on the same path. My cardial congrats to those who have already succeeded. And wishing all the best of luck who’re with their cycles now. may God bless all of you!!