Financing IVF

My wife and I are trying to prepare in the event that we have to go through the entire process again. Money is tight since we had to go out of pocket for this. Has anyone thought of selling their eggs to finance IVF? Or has anyone here already done it?

[QUOTE=IVFKen]My wife and I are trying to prepare in the event that we have to go through the entire process again. Money is tight since we had to go out of pocket for this. Has anyone thought of selling their eggs to finance IVF? Or has anyone here already done it?[/QUOTE]

Hey there!
Does your RE participate in any research? My RE has a few research programs at which can be a consideration if you meet the necessary criteria. Also, sometimes their rates are negotible. See if they will accept a down payment and then a monthly payment there after. My RE discounted our ivf cost and then we paid a negotiated monthly rate. By doing this you are able to skip the monthly finance charge. Anither thing, see if your RE has a program for drug research. If there is you may be able to get free meds for the entire ivf cycle.

Good luck and remember these are just some of the creative ways to help you towards your dream! Much baby dust to you! :flower:

DH and I are going to ask our RE during our consult on Monday, but I think I might be too old (31 in Sept). I mean, I’m not ancient or anything but I think under 30 yrs old is the preferred age for donated eggs. We will see what he says and I’ll post an update!

Ill ask the doctor when I see them or speak to them soon I didn’t think of it and it seems pretty cool.

Is there a forum that talks about going overseas for IVF? I can’t afford IVF here in the states but it looks like India is only about $3k. I have good credit and by playing the credit card game I can do plane tickets for free (www.travelingfrugally.com) so that will help on the travel expenses. I’m wondering if other people are finding success that way. I live in a non covered state. :frowning:

In Europe (particularly Czech, Poland and Russia) offer ivf treatment at reasonable prices. In Poland ivf treatment costs from 1 500 Euro.

Hi All,
I have below injections which i purchased 2 weeks back…but which i do not require, since i have it in excess

1. 1 Gonal F 900IU - Pen
  2. 1 box of MEnopur - 7 vials
  3. 2 nos - Citrotide.
    Anyone needing it please let me know
    Regards,

Jagruti Jambhale
Jersey City
[email protected]