First Beta 47

I’m concerned because I had my first beta today at 8dp5dt and its 47. I took a digital clearblue easy test Monday night and it immediatly came up +. Those tests are suppose to have a 50 hcg sesitivity. I expected my number to be higher today.

Was anyone’s first beta similar? Good and bad, please tell me.

Jill-
I had a 6 day blast transferred (FET) and my # 8 days post transfer was 61 (only very slightly higher than yours). My second beta doubled. So…so far so good. With my son my first # was 51 (see my signature) and he’s a healthy little 14 month old. I don’t think 47 is low at all, especially for a FET, I’ve heard that sometimes they take a little longer to implant. Good luck!

Jill, I think that number sounds good, and congrats Mama!!

I had my first beta at 9dp5dt, fresh IVF cycle and my number was 171. I was 14dpo, and you are at 13dpo… Also that was with my twins. Either way though I think it is a good number and it doesn’t mean a singleton either there could be two. It sounds like a good number, you just have to see how it does in two days. I know it seems never ending. Getting to the transfer, then getting a BFP, then a beta, then a second beta, then an ultrasound…

Enjoy it for a minute, you are :preg: congrats! Hoping for a great doubling beta on Friday!

Thank-you both so much for responding! Your betas make me feel better! I feel like a stalker on this site, but who else to turn to then people who know what your going through…Thanks again!

Those clearblue digitals claim to be 50 hcg, but I know that they are much much more sensitive. They just don’t advertise it. I think they go as low as 10-15 . In my opinion they are one of the best and most sensitive tests out there.

Jill, how did your beta go today? I pray it went well!

:frowning: Beta came back at 59. They are making me stay on the progest and estrogen until next Thurs and then repeat the beta.

I am so sorry, I am still praying though. :grouphug:

Jill-
I am dealing with the same thing!!! I got a beta of 72 BUT i am bleeding…they are making me stay on the meds all weekend till Monday so they can see what the # is…I know I have my period so I just want to move on…are you bleeding at all???

Summer

Thank-you Charity!

Summer, No I have no bleeding. For my bad pregnancies I usually start spotting brown right around the time of my beta. That hasn’t happened yet. I’m sorry your going through the same thing. I actually wish I would bleed and get back to 0. Those shots and pills seem to make your beta rise a little at a time and keep it going when it’s not good. Will you try again soon? It seems pretty common to get chemical preg with FET’s. Doesn’t make me feel any better though. You can’t help but think of what theme you would do your new baby’s room and how far along you’ll be for holidays…I firmly believe God has a plan. It just BETTER include more babies!

[QUOTE=Jill6]Thank-you Charity!

Summer, No I have no bleeding. For my bad pregnancies I usually start spotting brown right around the time of my beta. That hasn’t happened yet. I’m sorry your going through the same thing. I actually wish I would bleed and get back to 0. Those shots and pills seem to make your beta rise a little at a time and keep it going when it’s not good. Will you try again soon? It seems pretty common to get chemical preg with FET’s. Doesn’t make me feel any better though. You can’t help but think of what theme you would do your new baby’s room and how far along you’ll be for holidays…I firmly believe God has a plan. It just BETTER include more babies![/QUOTE]
thank you- I am so ready to just move on…FET in Feb. is what it is looking like. I wish you all the best with this pregnancy and pray for a rising #s for your next beta! stick baby stick!! :slight_smile:

I was wondering how everything is going. As you can see from my signature, I also had a first beta of 50. Hope all is going well…

[quote=Jill6]:frowning: Beta came back at 59. They are making me stay on the progest and estrogen until next Thurs and then repeat the beta.[/quote]Jill6, keep the faith. My first was 39, 2nd (4 days later) was 74, today (2 days later) it was 160. Doctor says I still have a chance. I am going back Saturday morning to test. Please let us know how it goes. I will :pray: for you and your baby.

Thank-you Vicky! Mrs S.- I hope everything works out for you and I…maybe they just are having a slow start. It’s amazing how your beta started doubling! I was having some sharp pains this morning but it went away. I was going to call RE, but then I figured I already have an appt tomorrow. What was the reasoning your Dr. gave you about your betas and what kind of chances did he give you that everything will be fine? Each pregnancy is truly different. When I ended up having a D&C, my betas were doubling. So I guess you never know!

So I asked my RE if it could be a “vanishing twin” (despite the low numbers) or if it could be that the baby is genetically defective and had trouble implanting or should I just stop Googling!!! She said it could be either thing, the baby could’ve just been a slow starter. She sounded optimistic, I didn’t feel like she was feeding me a line. I was crampy yesterday and had a slight, I mean slight, bit of brown spotting. I swore I was getting my period and miscarrying. Maybe the baby was getting settled in there. I need to just relax myself at this point and give the baby a chance. I was going to stop the PIO shots but decided if they were giving him a chance I would too. This morning when my blood was drawn I asked the nurse, she said “I won’t lie to you, it doesn’t look good”. The a good phone call from the doctor. It’s enough to drive you crazy. If you look at my signature, it’s been a long road, like most of the women here.

What did your doctor say?

I wish you the best of luck! :cross:

I can’t wait to hear what your next beta is!

The nurse didn’t sound very good when she told me my second beta. She said they have seen cases where people went on to have a good pregnancy though. She kept saying, “I’m sorry,” so those good cases probably don’t happen very often. I immediatly asked if they could just redo my beta in a couple days rather than a week and she said no, because a couple days isin’t enough time to see what’s going on. When I was having those sharp pains this morning, I immediatley thought it could be ectopic, but I think you get lower back pain pretty badly and I don’t have that.

Well great, my lower back hurts but I think it is stress. ha ha I also have no pain whatsover on my sides.

I was told, and have read extensively, that it is the BETA doubling or going up 80% or so in 48 to 72 hours that is important. Do you trust your clinic? At that point I would call my regular gyno and discuss it with her. It is cruel for you to wait a week to “see what’s going on”. I can understand 3 or 4 days (I waited for days after a first low BETA and the wait almost drove me crazy) but a week is a long time.

I know it is rare for these things to work out but not impossible!!!

Believe me, I will give you an update on my BETA as soon as I have it. PLEASE keep me updated on your situation.

NorthEastGirl, I just focused on your first beta of 50, the the subsequent beta not doubling. I don’t know how I missed that yesterday. Oh wait, I do know, STRESS!!! I am not going to panic, STAYING OFF THE INTERNET and waiting it out.

I am on a 2ww board, someone just told me a bad story. Look at my signature, I, like most on these boards unfortunately, have my own bad story. I am giving this baby a chance!! You so much for sharing.

How are you doing?

Northeast Girl, I see how your first 2 betas were back to back days. Why did they do that?

I’m just waiting for my beta results…

Jill, I has severe OHSS and they were testing me for that. Since they were drawing blood already, they were testing the beta as well. For a few days the beta was semi ok. At the third drawing it didn’t double and they were not very very optimistic about it. But then it took off. As a result I have a wonderful 2 year old now. Don’t give up hope. I had given up hope back then… but all went well.

Good luck…