First beta seems sort of low


Hi all!

I was just wondering if anyone else has had a first beta in the 50’s at 10dp 5dt. We transferred on 10/30 and tested yesterday, 11/9 and got 54. Two lovely perfect blasts were transferred. I can’t figure out if this is low or not. My clinic said they consider anything above 25 to be positive.

Of course like any crazy obsessed IVFer, I’ve scoured the internet for information… I’ve seen a lot of info from ladies with really low 1st numbers, like 10-20. It seems the majority (though not all) of those pregnancies ended up not being viable. And then on the other side, I see that most everyone with positive results 9-12 days past transfer have pretty high numbers - like 200+. But I haven’t seen many people with a sort of low(ish) number like this.

Anyone else? Any success stories would be so hugely appreciated.

This was our first (and likely only) IVF after TTC for 6 years and my first BFP ever. I really want to be excited, but it would just seem too good to be true and I don’t want to get my hopes up.



My first beta with my 1st IVF was only 50 that did end in miscarriage but it had nothing to do with the beta being lower. With my FET my 1st beta was only 21 and I have a very healthy 2.5 year old. With my last IVF my number was in the 90’s and I had twins, we lost one at 16 weeks do to a chromosomal defect. I tell you all of this because I have always had low beta numbers I think some people just produce the hormone a little differently than others. I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy, good luck to you.


My beta was only 38 at 14 days and my son is now 5 months old. Its not the original number but how it doubles. GOOD LUCK!


My first beta was a 50 and it was 12dp3dt. That little embie just turned one!


Not only mine was low, it was not even doubling every 48 hours. I am 13 weeks now, and CVS showed it is chromosomally normal girl. Good luck with your pregnancy!


Thanks everyone! Your stories are definitely encouraging! It’s just so hard to shut your brain off from thinking all sorts of scenarios…

I will go in for a second beta even though my Dr. didn’t ask for one. He just scheduled an ultrasound for 11/25. But I can’t wait until then to know what is going on so I am going to request a follow up. I wanted to go in today, but my husband thinks we should wait until Saturday (4 days after initial beta.) Geeze… it’s like the Dr. and DH are in cohoots to drive me crazy with all the waiting! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks again for the support!