First IUI Attempt

[FONT=Georgia]I have ovulatory dysfunction, with the possibility of PCOS. I had my first IUI attempt this past Saturday. We’ve been trying Clomid w/ timed intercourse with no luck after 3 cycles, so this is our next step. Our doctor has said she’s very optimistic that this will work - then again, she said that with the first rounds. I did do an ultrasound today that confirmed ovulation, so we’re cautiously hopeful that this attempt will work. However, I’m crampy on day 2. Not severely, very mild, but I’m definitely aware of it. Is this something that is normal, or is this a bad sign? What should I expect the next couple weeks before the UPT? Does anyone know the success rates for a 26 year old female with a male that has mobile and healthy sperm? Any input would be helpful! Thank you. :babydust: [/FONT]

Jessica,
I am 26 and my DH SA is perfect we just did our first IUI on the 22nd of Nov. I only have one tube so if you can see form my signature we tried TI but never had follicles grow on my functioning (left) side, the first round of follistim I had two follicles on each side but we did TI and got :bfn: , this time around I had 3 on my right side (bad side) and one on my left measuring 18mm 36hrs before IUI, my DH sperm is perfect and was the day of IUI, our RE told us that by going with IUI instead of TI it would increase our chances of getting prego by 50%…I know it depends on yoru diagnosis, but that is a pretty high number! Kepp your head up and keep us posted :babydust:

Just wanted to let you know that the cramps are normal…I usually cramp on and off for the first couple of days and then around 7-9dpIUI.

I’d say your chances are good as long as you’re ovulating and your DH’s counts are good. They usually say a fertile couple with timed intercourse has about a 20-25% chance of pregnancy each time they try so i would say as long as you’re ovulating your chances should be at least that good with a well-timed IUI. Good luck!!

[quote=Kris79]Just wanted to let you know that the cramps are normal…I usually cramp on and off for the first couple of days and then around 7-9dpIUI.

I’d say your chances are good as long as you’re ovulating and your DH’s counts are good. They usually say a fertile couple with timed intercourse has about a 20-25% chance of pregnancy each time they try so i would say as long as you’re ovulating your chances should be at least that good with a well-timed IUI. Good luck!![/quote]

Thanks for the info on the cramping I was having cramping literally the sames days you said 7-9pIUi and I was like what the heck is going on! It’s less frequent now!

I am hoping for begginers luck on this first IUI, I had it on the 22 of Nov and I am driving myself crazy counting and recounting the days…ughhhh…HELP!

O Kris I also see you have a puggle!!! Me too he is 6 and I love him to pieces best furry son EVER!!