First iui n in Shock

[I]hi this is Lena

I had my first IuI n had 4 good Follicals Clomid/ovidrial TH had 3 million SC plus I had 2 IuI one day after another. I was so for sure esp reading all the blogs tht my lil one would be here this month.I have heard if u have 4 good Follicals ya even in a. Good chance for twins :frowning: I just dnt know what went wrong! Does anyone know what could of went wrong do they explain that? I’m very happy for all who were blessed n I’m hoping next IuI will work…[/I]

There is so much to consider with IUI

There are a lot of things to consider. Your hormones needs to be very balanced to start with. 3million sperm, is quite on the low side.
Your uterus needs to be very sticky with lining so that implantation occurs, the fertilised egg needs to develop and start dividing, if not, then is genetically bad, the body expels it. Is not as simple as it sounds.

I had 4 rounds of IUI 20 million sperm count in all of them with 3 excellent sizes eggs every time, still did not get pregnant.

You need to try at least 4 rounds, if you don’t get :preg: with IUI move into IVF.

All the best!

I had 4 also last month but a low count of only 500,000. I’m sure that was the reason for me… 3 mil is pretty low. My dr likes to see at least 5 million.

[QUOTE=Goingcrazyfababy][I]hi this is Lena

I had my first IuI n had 4 good Follicals Clomid/ovidrial TH had 3 million SC plus I had 2 IuI one day after another. I was so for sure esp reading all the blogs tht my lil one would be here this month.I have heard if u have 4 good Follicals ya even in a. Good chance for twins :frowning: I just dnt know what went wrong! Does anyone know what could of went wrong do they explain that? I’m very happy for all who were blessed n I’m hoping next IuI will work…[/I][/QUOTE]

Hi Lena,
Just wanted to know what strength of clomid you were on? I must say that I did three months of clomid and two months of gonal f. Unfortunately all the IUIs were failures for me. My RE recommended the injections because the clomid diminishes the quality of the eggs. I must say the clomid really did a number on me! The mood swings hot flashes and even the heavy cramps along with heavy bleeding were aweful!

I was 36 and my insurance covered the IUIs so we went for them. However my RE knew how upset I was by the fifth one that we proceeded with IVF. He was right he got us pregnant on the first try. We are parents of an eighteen month old daughter. We are going back in September for a FET. He gave us a 50% chance since we are tansferring two blasts. We shall see.

I must say you have a great name Lena. My Grandmom who is near and dear to my heart is named Lena! You will do great thru your fertility journey! I send you lots of baby dust your way! If you need someone to talk with feel free to private message me. I like to help people out whenever it is needed. :flower: