First IUI

Hello Everyone,
I received my first IUI on 11/22/2010 following a trigger shot on 11/21/2010. Today, I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I was also taking clomid and injectables. At the moment I am floored. This process is starting to take a toll on me:(
My husband and I want nothing more than to be parents. I’ve never been pregnant before and we’ve been together for 13 years.

It’s way, way, way too early to test. You are 7dpiui: your embryo MIGHT have implanted, but is more likely floating in your uterus. The hormone the test looks for won’t be produced until after implantation, and even then it will take 2-3 days for enough to be produced that it shows up in your urine.

I know it’s hard, but right now you just can’t know. Hold on!

[quote=Shmead]It’s way, way, way too early to test. You are 7dpiui: your embryo MIGHT have implanted, but is more likely floating in your uterus. The hormone the test looks for won’t be produced until after implantation, and even then it will take 2-3 days for enough to be produced that it shows up in your urine.

I know it’s hard, but right now you just can’t know. Hold on![/quote]

I will and thank you for taking the time to respond. I’m praying that its too early and I’ll get my BFP soon!!

I agree with schmead - way too early to test. Give it at least 5 or 6 more days. Good luck!