First natural iui question

Hello ladies,

I’m new to the board and new to the ttc community. I had my first unmedicated iui on Saturday 8/3 with donor sperm. I’ve been in persistent pain since that day. I feel pressure and I also feel bloated. I’m wondering if this is typical of an iui or if I need to be worried. I appreciate any information, as this is the first iui I have gone through.

I had 1 natural iui but with a trigger shot. I had quite a bit of cramping and bloating so thats pretty normal. Hope it works for you!!

Is your body’s hormones working around the clock to get ready for implantation. Is very normal. Hopefully it ends up in pregnancy for you.

I had similar symptoms, in two of my IUI’s. And nothing at all in another IUI. So your body does amazing things!

Good luck to you!!!

[quote=aprettythought]Hello ladies,

I’m new to the board and new to the ttc community. I had my first unmedicated iui on Saturday 8/3 with donor sperm. I’ve been in persistent pain since that day. I feel pressure and I also feel bloated. I’m wondering if this is typical of an iui or if I need to be worried. I appreciate any information, as this is the first iui I have gone through.[/quote]

More than likely you are just over-sensitive to your body and your mind is playing little tricks. An IUI on Saturday wouldn’t have had anything happen yet. The earliest implantation feelings (IF you get those) would be 8/8 and the 3-4 days following that. Some women swear they can feel that stuff.
For my unmedicated/natural IUIs I tested at home with opk’s, called with a positive and went in the next day for an IUI. I had no monitoring and no medications/triggers. I also felt nothing before/during/after my IUI & 2ww.
I wouldn’t worry. :slight_smile:
Good luck!

Thank you for all your replies. I wasn’t thinking that it was implantation because right after I had it done my doctor told me that the timing was bad. I was more worried about an infection or something along those lines. I’ve always been sensitive when to comes to anything related to AF. I even had to have mirena taken out after only a few months because it was so painful. So, I certainly wasn’t thinking that I was pregnant. I do have one more question about ovulation. *I’m already feeling a bit dejected. I think my doctor may have given me false hope, as I am younger and had great test results (aside from thyroid levels). I know it’s awfully soon to feel like my iui didn’t work but my doctor felt as though my timing might have been off and therefore this iui was a waste of time. He apparently wants me to test for ovulation during my second morning urine but after testing for ovulation over the last 3 months, I never get a positive reading that early. In fact, all my positive opks have occured after 2 in the afternoon on the 15th day of my cycle. Is it strange that my opks are never positive in the morning? Do I really need to test during the second mornings urine? I’m afraid I’m going to miss ovulation. I feel really upset that my partner and I wasted money on donor sperm that might not have even had a real chance. I’m not sure. Maybe I’m just thinking too much. This tww stuff will kill you.

What about monitoring you with blood tests?

aprettythought, you should speak with your doctor and ask him (more like demanding) to monitor you with blood tests intead of urine home tests. Is the more accurate way to check your hormones levels and get the timing right.

I got blood tested from day 9 right up until the day of my IUI. (Not that it worked) but at least the timing were perfect every time, it was just my body doing the rest.

I agree and like the most of us, the 2ww is awful, we take notice of the slightest cramp, wind, twist that happens in our body. Try to not take too much notice, but be aware of them anyway. To give you heads up, you are going to have different symptoms every time.
:bsv: :bsv: :bsv: