First post and 1st egg retrieval

Hi everyone! this is my first post and 1st egg retrieval. Dr. Was only able to get 8 eggs yesterday, and got called today saying that 4 had fertilized by doing icsi… I will get a phone call tomorrow saying how strong the eggs are and when implanting will be…

shouldn’t I have had a higher success rate since we did icsi?

Dh has sperm morphology, and I have pcos…

Please keep good thoughts andrayers for us. I want a baby so badly!

:welcome: Congrats on your recent ER. To answer your question my RE said that when using ICIS your have more of a success rate. I also ready that online during my research. :cross: good luck and sending :babydust: your way.

You would hope that with ICSI you’d have 100% success, but I don’t believe that’s the stats. Some eggs just aren’t mature, some sperm are iffy, sometimes it just doesn’t take.

If it helps, I had 6 eggs retrieved, only 2 were initially mature (2 caught up later), 4 were ICSI’d but one fertilized abnormally (I’m still not entirely sure what that means) so we only had 3 embryos. But that was enough. Good luck!! :slight_smile:

Thank you for the good thoughts! I got a call from the dr. Today saying that I have 2 very good eggs, 1 good, and 1 poor… Dr. Would like to put the two very good eggs back in on Wednesday! please cross everything you can!

Thanks for your advice and support

Prayers to you and good luck!!

IVF- First Retrieval

Hello Ladies,

I think I have found the right group. I am new to the site and will be having my first egg retrieval scheduled for 2/28/12. Praying for great quality eggs. This has been quite a journey for me and dh. Initially we tried 3 IUS’s that were unsuccessful and now starting the IVF journey.

So glad to have others to talk to going through this journey! Looking forward to sharing updates with you guys

thanks!

Re

[quote=anglehawk43]Hello Ladies,

I think I have found the right group. I am new to the site and will be having my first egg retrieval scheduled for 2/28/12. Praying for great quality eggs. This has been quite a journey for me and dh. Initially we tried 3 IUS’s that were unsuccessful and now starting the IVF journey.

So glad to have others to talk to going through this journey! Looking forward to sharing updates with you guys

thanks![/quote]

I had my Retrival today as well. How are you doing from it?

Newbie to IVF

Hello,

I am recovering well. Had a lot of pain later Tuesday evening, but made sure to take my tylenol. Wednesday was better, just rested all day. We did get good news, they retrieved 22 eggs. Yesterday my nurse said that 21 of 22 fertilized and we have 16 embries…not sure what that exactly means. She thinks we will have day 5 transfer?

thanks ladies!! So glad to have others to talk to, DH just doesn’t understand sometimes! Praying for :bsv:

ER- 2/28/12 (22 eggs retrieved)
Day 2- 21 fertilized eggs, 16 embryos
Day 3
Day 4

How are you doing from your ER? Keep me posted. I was just told our transfer will be on Sunday, how about you?

[quote=anglehawk]Hello,

I am recovering well. Had a lot of pain later Tuesday evening, but made sure to take my tylenol. Wednesday was better, just rested all day. We did get good news, they retrieved 22 eggs. Yesterday my nurse said that 21 of 22 fertilized and we have 16 embries…not sure what that exactly means. She thinks we will have day 5 transfer?

thanks ladies!! So glad to have others to talk to, DH just doesn’t understand sometimes! Praying for :bsv:

ER- 2/28/12 (22 eggs retrieved)
Day 2- 21 fertilized eggs, 16 embryos
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5 ET 3/4/12
single embryo transfer
Blood Test 3/16 praying praying praying!!!