First Post-waiting for my next cycle to begin

Hi all,

I been browsing forums anonymously for a while but decided to join. I am a 29 year single female who was dx with PCO back in college so since about 1999 or so. my Mom just had carpal tunnel surgery and was watching Montel Williams and called me and said Omg I think you have this PCOS thing. Lol so when I came back home on break I went to see an endocrinologist and he was an old school one so all he did was prescribe me metformin. I refused to take it for a long time due to the side effects. I was sooooo nauseous. So I just left it alone until I said maybe I should look at this again. Went to another one and he did a test to see if my clitoris was bigger and thats it and once again was prescribed metformin and told I needed to lose weight. Well 2004 I had gastric bypass and lost 160 pounds and my symptoms became dormant so 2006 I started grad school and my facial hair was getting out of control so I looked and found a wondering RE at Yale New Haven but even though I was in Mass for grad school I took the hour trip to CT to see her. I was prescribed metformin and Yas/Yasmin. I stopped both because metformin I needed to be near bathroom at all times and Yas/Yasmin too many side effects well fast forward to today. I decided a few months ago I wanted a baby because I am established now. I decided to go sperm donor route because I a not in committed relationship and don’t want to be entangled in anything messy. Well I took all the neccessary tests and everything came back fine. I was taking aldactone (sp) because I have a severe bloating problem so I told my doc I would like to start in Nov so I can make sure it is out of system. Well for the past 2 months I have ovulated on my own. First I thought it was period cramps but my friend told me to take a test and what do you know it was positive. Tried doing the charting but my temp fluctuated everyday so it was unreliable. Well November cycle I will start taking clomid, then have a US, then if follicles have grown enough do an injection of Ovidrel and should be good to go. Sorry for posting so long. I am excited but also nervous. So thanks all for all the information I have obtained from your posts. Ohh I am also back on Metformin for past about 6 momths but extended release and ever since my gastric bypass, my period has been normal and like clockwork.

[quote=toy80isttc]Hi all,

I been browsing forums anonymously for a while but decided to join. I am a 29 year single female who was dx with PCO back in college so since about 1999 or so. my Mom just had carpal tunnel surgery and was watching Montel Williams and called me and said Omg I think you have this PCOS thing. Lol so when I came back home on break I went to see an endocrinologist and he was an old school one so all he did was prescribe me metformin. I refused to take it for a long time due to the side effects. I was sooooo nauseous. So I just left it alone until I said maybe I should look at this again. Went to another one and he did a test to see if my clitoris was bigger and thats it and once again was prescribed metformin and told I needed to lose weight. Well 2004 I had gastric bypass and lost 160 pounds and my symptoms became dormant so 2006 I started grad school and my facial hair was getting out of control so I looked and found a wondering RE at Yale New Haven but even though I was in Mass for grad school I took the hour trip to CT to see her. I was prescribed metformin and Yas/Yasmin. I stopped both because metformin I needed to be near bathroom at all times and Yas/Yasmin too many side effects well fast forward to today. I decided a few months ago I wanted a baby because I am established now. I decided to go sperm donor route because I a not in committed relationship and don’t want to be entangled in anything messy. Well I took all the neccessary tests and everything came back fine. I was taking aldactone (sp) because I have a severe bloating problem so I told my doc I would like to start in Nov so I can make sure it is out of system. Well for the past 2 months I have ovulated on my own. First I thought it was period cramps but my friend told me to take a test and what do you know it was positive. Tried doing the charting but my temp fluctuated everyday so it was unreliable. Well November cycle I will start taking clomid, then have a US, then if follicles have grown enough do an injection of Ovidrel and should be good to go. Sorry for posting so long. I am excited but also nervous. So thanks all for all the information I have obtained from your posts. Ohh I am also back on Metformin for past about 6 momths but extended release and ever since my gastric bypass, my period has been normal and like clockwork.[/quote]

Congrats on all the weight loss!!! That is fantastic! I noticed you went through Yale New Haven for your RE…that’s where I went!!! I loooooooooved them and I will be going back in a few months to try for Baby #2!!! Which Dr. Did you see?! Are you going to be going through them for your IUI or are you going through someplace local to you now? You are the first person on here that I’ve seen that went to YNHH too!!! :grouphug:

[QUOTE=charlie’smom]Congrats on all the weight loss!!! That is fantastic! I noticed you went through Yale New Haven for your RE…that’s where I went!!! I loooooooooved them and I will be going back in a few months to try for Baby #2!!! Which Dr. Did you see?! Are you going to be going through them for your IUI or are you going through someplace local to you now? You are the first person on here that I’ve seen that went to YNHH too!!! :grouphug:[/QUOTE]

Well congrats to you on the healthy baby!!! I did lode the weight but I am gaining again since byapss was all the way back in 22004 so my RE, Dr. Rackow, keeps telling me I need to lose it and I know I do but it is so hard. So yeah I am now waiting for November cycle to start clomid. I will continue to go to them bc I am actually closer now. I lived about 20-25 mins away and I considered UCONN which is right down the street from me but I like my doctor too much. Everyone keeps telling me its a really good thing that I have a normal regular period and I am ovulating on my own but I am still scared. I chose a donor through their program and will be doing the IUI bc my job pays for 3 IUIs and 2 IVFs. If they don’t work I don’t know what to do but i am trying to stay positive. So nice to see someone close to me on here.

I know its so hard to lose the weight. PCOS sucks. I feel like people look at me and think “she must eat mcdonalds every day and does nothing but sit around and watch TV”. But it couldnt be farther from the truth!! It sucks!
I really like Dr. Rackow. I saw her once because she was training one of the fellows, who came in to do my ultrasound. She’s the one who figured out I was pregnant the first time…even though I had no clue. I saw Dr. Kodamon, and I will be seeing her again in December to get teh ball rolling for #2.

I have also heard good things about UCONN. But I can understand about not wanting to switch. It sounds like you will have good success since you ovulate on your own. Hang in there and have faith!!!

[QUOTE=charlie’smom]I know its so hard to lose the weight. PCOS sucks. I feel like people look at me and think “she must eat mcdonalds every day and does nothing but sit around and watch TV”. But it couldnt be farther from the truth!! It sucks!
I really like Dr. Rackow. I saw her once because she was training one of the fellows, who came in to do my ultrasound. She’s the one who figured out I was pregnant the first time…even though I had no clue. I saw Dr. Kodamon, and I will be seeing her again in December to get teh ball rolling for #2.

I have also heard good things about UCONN. But I can understand about not wanting to switch. It sounds like you will have good success since you ovulate on your own. Hang in there and have faith!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah I know I could be eating healthier and exercising and I am trying but yeah PCOS sucks. I have the dreaded belly fat and when I tell people my wieght they look at me like i am crazy because I am 5’11" and don’t look it at all. I have been using a squeen (brazilian waist cincher) that helps shapes you and makes you sweat at the same time and it has been helping. Also I have a provlem w/ edema and bloating so I was taking a water pill which helped a lot but I had to be taken off of it due to trying to get pregnant so I am going to see how it goes. I am counting down the days to my cycle which I have never done before and I am quite nervous lol. I think Metformin has helped with the ovulating. This has been the longest I have taken it on a regular basis without stopping. Yeah I didn’t know if UCONN only did IVF and not IUI so I just stayed w/ YNNH. Thanks so much

How did you make out?! Did you end up doing an IUI last month?