First steps

Hello all!
I’m not used to sharing my infertility issues, but I was advised to do so. Well, I don’t know how to start and basically I don’t know how it should be, so I just start from the latest news. I have congenital absence of uterus and vagina, although my ovaries function. Few years ago I married a guy made of gold and we want to have a child or even two. The only option for us is surrogacy as we are not ready for adoption, at least for now. My ovaries are placed too high for egg retrieval, so the baby will have only my husband’s genes. Anyway, it’s better than nothing, right?
We had an appointment in fertility clinic last week. Everything went great and after having our questions answered we signed a contract with the clinic. I’m glad to say we are super excited now and we will be parents in a year or so. Maybe I’m not the only one here at this stage?
Best wishes xxx

Hi Conny! Absolutely, you are not the one. I’m sure you’ll meet a lot of like minded people here so obviously it was a good idea to register on this forum. Back some time ago, I was a bit hesitant as to fertility forums in general, but when I took a first step, registered and shared my emotions and worries, I got a lot of answers from women in similar situation. Their experience and advice was and still is priceless for me. After all, I helped us to take the final decision and decide on treatment.

My problem seems to be very similar to yours, the only difference is that my uterus was surgically removed. In any case, the result is all the same – pregnancy impossible. As well as you, I still have my ovaries and they managed to stimulate me for eggs, and the result was quite good (8 eggs received, 4 high quality embryos). So, they told you that it won’t be possible to retrieve eggs? Why? or you have any other counter indications to hormonal stimulation?

hi there, I want to share my story too.
we faced infertility problem many years ago. It was toltaly my mistake. Being so blind I didn’t see obvious things. The man who I loved wasn’t so perfect. he cared only about himself. He didn’t love and respect me. He forced me to do an abortion. During the operation I felt prick and passed out from it. When I woke up the doctor was sitting near me. His bad face suggested bad news. He told me that while he was doing the operation he eventually perforated the wall of the uterus with the sharp curette. As the escape of blood was huge as well as the walls of uterus, the best and the right solution was to remove the uterus. He explained this by saying that he was working blindly and it happen by accident. many years of devastation have been passed and now I stand to gain a new life. we will start our surrogacy journey and soon I’ll be a mother.

[QUOTE=“Agnete, post: 1869937, member: 87055”]Hi Conny! Absolutely, you are not the one. I’m sure you’ll meet a lot of like minded people here so obviously it was a good idea to register on this forum. Back some time ago, I was a bit hesitant as to fertility forums in general, but when I took a first step, registered and shared my emotions and worries, I got a lot of answers from women in similar situation. Their experience and advice was and still is priceless for me. After all, I helped us to take the final decision and decide on treatment.

My problem seems to be very similar to yours, the only difference is that my uterus was surgically removed. In any case, the result is all the same – pregnancy impossible. As well as you, I still have my ovaries and they managed to stimulate me for eggs, and the result was quite good (8 eggs received, 4 high quality embryos). So, they told you that it won’t be possible to retrieve eggs? Why? or you have any other counter indications to hormonal stimulation?[/QUOTE]

Thank you for support! It’s so nice of you to reply me so fast, I didn’t even think it works like this. Btw, I’m surprised by number of fertillity forums, actually I didn’t think that women with uterus can suffer. It was rude of me. It’s cool such things are helpful indeed.
My goodness! I think it’s even worse than to be born without it…on the other hand, you have a baby of your own…nothing comes without cost. 8 out 4 it’s great result. Some of them has left and the are frozen for further treatment or…? They just can’t do it because of the place they are in. You see, it’s impossible to get there in a regular manner only by using lap. I’m not ready for this…I’m scared.

[QUOTE=“ladybird345, post: 1869945, member: 87389”]hi there, I want to share my story too.
we faced infertility problem many years ago. It was toltaly my mistake. Being so blind I didn’t see obvious things. The man who I loved wasn’t so perfect. he cared only about himself. He didn’t love and respect me. He forced me to do an abortion. During the operation I felt prick and passed out from it. When I woke up the doctor was sitting near me. His bad face suggested bad news. He told me that while he was doing the operation he eventually perforated the wall of the uterus with the sharp curette. As the escape of blood was huge as well as the walls of uterus, the best and the right solution was to remove the uterus. He explained this by saying that he was working blindly and it happen by accident. many years of devastation have been passed and now I stand to gain a new life. we will start our surrogacy journey and soon I’ll be a mother.[/QUOTE]

That’s awful!!! How could that man be so cruel? And your doctor…I have no words to express my condolences to you…If I were you I would have spent years in depression after such accident. I know it’s been a while, but it’s fab news that you are moving on. Surrogacy is incredible thing for sure. How long did it take you to get ready for it? What term of your surrogate mother’s pregnancy is now?

[QUOTE=“Conny, post: 1869948, member: 87596”]That’s awful!!! How could that man be so cruel? And your doctor…I have no words to express my condolences to you…If I were you I would have spent years in depression after such accident. I know it’s been a while, but it’s fab news that you are moving on. Surrogacy is incredible thing for sure. How long did it take you to get ready for it? What term of your surrogate mother’s pregnancy is now?[/QUOTE]
It’s been taking a lot of time, I thought i could never be a woman anymore. I felt like a half of woman, somebody who can not fulfill the will of the Lord, to bring a new life to this world. But my husband is my everything, he made his best in order to help me. He treated me like a complete woman. He showed me other ways of dealing with our problem. We spent a lot of time together. And I almost forgot about that awful mistake. I don’t blame the doctor, at least he saved my life. Thanks God, I’m alive and have an opportunity to be a mother.

[QUOTE=“Conny, post: 1869946, member: 87596”]Thank you for support! It’s so nice of you to reply me so fast, I didn’t even think it works like this. Btw, I’m surprised by number of fertility forums, actually I didn’t think that women with uterus can suffer. It was rude of me. It’s cool such things are helpful indeed.
My goodness! I think it’s even worse than to be born without it…on the other hand, you have a baby of your own…nothing comes without cost. 8 out 4 it’s great result. Some of them has left and the are frozen for further treatment or…? They just can’t do it because of the place they are in. You see, it’s impossible to get there in a regular manner only by using lap. I’m not ready for this…I’m scared.[/QUOTE]
ok, I understand. sorry to hear that. yes, even women with uterus can suffer, and unfortunately there are so many people struggling with infertility. and the reasons are so different. even young and healthy people can face this problem. The good thing is that when you have a uterus, most problems still can be treated and you still have chances for conception and pregnancy. In our case, all is way too different. Ok, If you decided, and you know for sure what you want, if you know how challenging surrogacy is and you are ready for that, then all I can do is to wish you good luck in this exciting journey. I hope you’ll keep in touch and inform us on your progress.
Also, if you think I can be helpful, just ask.
Good night!

[B]Ladybird,[/B] oh you can’t imagine how much I feel for you as I faced the same. I thought I would never find a man and my life would be a lonely nightmare.
Fortunately I was lucky enough to meet a man who loves me for who I am, what I am and he doesn’t care that I have no uterus. When we started dating I told him about my issue at once and I was sure he wouldn’t date me again. But for this moment we are married for more than 3 years. So I understand what it’s like to be supported by the closest person.
But have you started your treatment? It’s been a while since your last post. Best wishes x

[QUOTE=“Conny, post: 1870649, member: 87596”][B]Ladybird,[/B] oh you can’t imagine how much I feel for you as I faced the same. I thought I would never find a man and my life would be a lonely nightmare.
Fortunately I was lucky enough to meet a man who loves me for who I am, what I am and he doesn’t care that I have no uterus. When we started dating I told him about my issue at once and I was sure he wouldn’t date me again. But for this moment we are married for more than 3 years. So I understand what it’s like to be supported by the closest person.
But have you started your treatment? It’s been a while since your last post. Best wishes x[/QUOTE]
oh wow, amazing love story, I wish every infertile woman has such a wonderful husband.
Yes, we have started our treatment and I had already my first scan, actually my surrogate had.
it’s showed that we had 2 embryos implanted and we got an ultrasound report with some information about size and heartbeat
we are super excited about next ultrasound check, we were told we could see our surrogate when she would be 12 weeks pregnant so it’s so close. Can’t wait to say hello to her
what about you? what news do you have?

Do not worry about what you are going through. But since you will be satisfied with kid having only your husbands genes. Then I can say you are ready to go. Do not be discouraged dear. Things will be just alright. I was once in your position and felt really down. But my husband was my source of inspiration. Before I knew about this forum. KI can say that I have learn a lot here. It has really helped me grow emotionally. Dealing with infertility to an proud mother. Before that I had moved from one clinic to another in search for help. Till when I came across Bio texcom clinic. It really helped me realize my dream of becoming a mother. I hope you will find comfort too. Do not give up in your search. At the end of the day things will work out. I hope the clinic that you are currently will eventually help you. Surrogacy is the best idea you can go for., Considering your situation.

Every begining is just hard. First steps seem to be the most challenging of all. But I believe this is the thing everyone passed when applying for treatments. Nothings could be done about this. I do wish so much that people could feel safe and comfortable with the place chosen. For everyone could work out his best in the whole process. It’s so important to be heard and helped on time. I wish everyone here a smooth journey!