First Time IUI

I am pretty new to this whole thing. In Jan 13, we did a injectables cycle with timed intercourse without success. This cycle we decided on IUI. I went in on 4/10 and had follicles measuring 14, 16, and 18, continued follistim for 1 additional night and then triggered the next night. I had my first IUI on 4/13, they didn’t measure follicles before the procedure…Is this normal? Also how long does the ovidrel hang around in your system possibly causing a false positive? Just trying to find out any information during this long 2WW.

My doctor didn’t measure my follicles the day of the IUI either. I think this is pretty normal from what I’ve read on here. I think the ovadril can give you a false positive from 5 to 8 days? I know at least 5 days, I can’t remember exactly, but I’m sure someone will respond soon and have a more “for sure” answer for you. I never tested mine out. I just waited the 10 days to take my home tests. Good luck!

From my experience they never measured follicles before the procedure, so I guess that is normal. I also waited 10 DPIUI before I tested at home --> so hard if you are impatient like me!

I am also on my TWW. Did IUI April 17th. Lots of sticky vibes your way!!!

I actually asked this question after my first - and most all said their doc/RN did not do an US at the IUI. I wish they did because I feel like it would give timing answers! Plus, in some cases - how do they know there aren’t tons more follies growing in between trigger and IUI. Oh well!

As far as the trigger-I start testing mine out at 7dpiui/9dptrig - usually by 10dptrig it’s almost non-existent.

Good luck during your wait!! :babydust:

Out of my 7 IUI’s non of my 3 RE’s i’ve seen have ever looked at my follies on IUI day. My RE i see now, does do a tummy scan to watch the sperm go into the uterus. That is pretty need to watch. My trigger usually hangs around until 6-7 days post trigger. But everyone is different. It all depends on how fast your body metabolizes it. I test out my trigger with the same brand of test at the same time every day so i know when it is gone.

Not sure how normal it is, but my RE did do an ultrasound before the IUI and then had me come in the next day as well to confirm that I had ovulated.

My RE always does an ultrasound before the iui as well as measures the follies. I’m glad they do because I like knowing how many mature follies I have going in. I don’t, however, go in the next day to be sure I ovulated…but luckily not ovulating hasn’t been an issue for me.

:babydust: :babydust: :cross: :babydust: :babydust: :cross: :babydust: :babydust: :cross: :babydust: :babydust: :cross:
to all you ladies who keep me sane :slight_smile:

I also had no US today for my IUI. Was kinda wanting to see if the follicles were still there or released already??

[quote=Mskim]I also had no US today for my IUI. Was kinda wanting to see if the follicles were still there or released already??[/quote] I was told by my RE that they don’t check to make sure follies ovulated because “everyone ovulates at 36 hours after trigger”, so no U/S is needed. Which is fine by me since I pay out of pocket for every darn one!

[QUOTE=NurseNancy]I was told by my RE that they don’t check to make sure follies ovulated because “everyone ovulates at 36 hours after trigger”, so no U/S is needed. Which is fine by me since I pay out of pocket for every darn one![/QUOTE]

That’s what I was thinking… So wasnt that surprised. I definitely felt like some craziness was going on down there. Like baseballs rolling around.

So I tested this am…10dpiui and have a faint :bfp: ! So excited hoping that I am actually :preg: for the first time ever. Will call the RE this am. Hoping for lots of :bsv:

I hope this is the real deal for you! I wish I had that kind of luck on my first try!

come over to the December Due Dates for Iui thread if you wan’t…congrats :slight_smile:

Do you have a beta scheduled? :bsv:

http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/iui-due-date-buddies/

Very nice! Congrats!..Its going to be hard to hold out 10-14 days to try a HPT. Just on day 1 here…

Had a beta drawn this morning, waiting to hear some results.

First IUI

I just had my first IUI on 4/28/13 (Femera CD 3-7, & HCG Trigger 24 hours before IUI) - I am trying to be cautiously optimistic during this painfully long 2ww, but I have to say whether its the drugs or the procedure. I feel so tight in my abdomen… Very crampy and achy… Not sure if its good, bad, or normal 48 hours after IUI??
:babydust: to all :slight_smile:

normal, probably. IUIs tend to leave me feeling crampy, sometimes for up to 2 days. The meds can do it too.

[QUOTE=tryingfor#one]I am pretty new to this whole thing. In Jan 13, we did a injectables cycle with timed intercourse without success. This cycle we decided on IUI. I went in on 4/10 and had follicles measuring 14, 16, and 18, continued follistim for 1 additional night and then triggered the next night. I had my first IUI on 4/13, they didn’t measure follicles before the procedure…Is this normal? Also how long does the ovidrel hang around in your system possibly causing a false positive? Just trying to find out any information during this long 2WW.[/QUOTE]
I went in for two ultrasounds this month during my injectable cycle for measuring of follicles to check the progress and for IUI timing (and once prior to beginning the cycle of course). I’m going in for my IUI tomorrow, but in previous IUIs I never had an ultrasound the day of… actually, the procedure itself is stressful enough. I wouldn’t want to add anything else to the day, personally!