First time IVF and scared

[FONT=Arial]Me: 41 yrs old smoked for over 20 years. i have not drank in over 20 years[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]DH: almost 42 yrs old Heavy smoker[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Me: Only left tube and left ovary. Right ovary and tube removed in 2009[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]When I was 19 yrs old i got pregnant…Cyst that would of killed me had it not been removed so lost baby…[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Thru the years multiple right ovary cyst removal surgeries…hence why right ovart was removed in 2009.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Did not think I could get pregnant.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Got married May 2nd, 2013…Came home from wedding and SHOCK…I am pregnant…OBGYN closely monitoring me…HCG levels rising like they should of been…Ten days later…bleeding started…went to ER…HCG levels still fine…could not see anything on ultra sound…I was then to go see my OBGYN next day…HCG still looked good…Memorial Day weekend…still spotting…went to ER…HCG level came back good…then Ultra sound…its an ectopic…Given methotrexate shot…long story short…my body reacted horrible to shot…two more ER visits, ambulance ride (my OBGYN called the ambulance while i was at his office due to my pain) and emergency surgery that night…I had been bleeding internally…I begged him to save my last tube…He did…THANK YOU…[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]More tests following…could not get a result if my tube was open…blood work coming back fine…[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]I decided to join my husband over in Jordan (his work has him here right now)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]My OBGYN in states suggested we try for three months to have a natural pregnancy…NOTHING…we then went and started interviewing different Fertility Doctors…Found one we liked and loved his office staff…[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]IVF Dr did a AMH blood test…came back I am at .6 (very low)…it was day two of my period when we got the news…he then suggested IVF…Started IVF injections…[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]1st day of injections, October 30th, 2013, shots are Decapeptyl (0.1mg) in my tummy and another shot called Merional (450 units) in my butt. To be done daily.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]On the 8th day of shots I had my first ultra sound. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Only four follicles found…Two were at 19 and the other two were at 14. He then said to take my shots that night (Wednesday) and the next (Thursday)…Also on Thursday night (November 7th) I am to get a shot of Choriomon 5000 units. I am to have egg retrieval on Saturday, November 9th.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]I have been tracking my temp and it rose yesterday and this morning (November 7th) i woke up with sweats (which is how I could tell in the past I had ovulated). My concerns are and I would love to hear anyones experience…Cus I am in a different country…just me and my husband and he works a lot…time difference has made it difficult to communicate with friends/family back home…[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]1. Isnt just four follicles too low? Could there be a chance of some hidden?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]2. Can I have premature ovulated? I spoke to doc about it yesterday and he said I cant cus of shots I am on and I then called back today to tell them my new symptoms and by belief that I have ovulated to see if I can have an ultra sound. Due to language difficulty (I dont speak Arabic) I am not sure they understood me and they said no I could not premature ovulate cus of the shots I am on. I just dont want to spend the money for egg retrieval if i have no eggs…[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]3. I have had no blood work to test any levels…They only did blood work to test my husband and I for HIV and Hep…should there have been more blood work?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Anyones experience they can share would be great…I have been freaking out esp since I got the AMH results…and now i am scared I have premature ovulated and this treatment will have to be cancelled…I just want a baby…I have since a lil girl wanted a baby…and I cannot help but blame myself for not being able too…[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Thank you so much for reading…[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Trying to be hopeful…[/FONT]

Lambe - I too was a smoker, and you should quit. It is a difficult task but you can do it. I currently am in IVF and have a low AMH 0.5 I currently have two follicles from US on Tues. Tomorrow bw and US. Anything is possible, keep the faith. Good luck on retrieval. As far as pre lab work my mate and I had a lot of labs. He had HIV, Hep B, Hep C, and syphilis. I had FSH, Estradiol, AMH, CBC, HIV Hep B, Hep C, G & C with pap. They based my medications on my FSH, Estradiol, and AMH. I am not familiar with the meds you are on, as my regimen is different. But the concept behind one injection is to not let you ovulate.

Thank you ladies… I had egg retrieval on Saturday…They got two eggs…On Sunday I got the phone call that both had fertilized and I would come in Monday for the egg transfer (2 day)… I got there on Monday and both embryos were a Grade 1 Cell 4 which they said was excellent…And suggested transferring both into me… They did no ultra sound to check to see where they were putting the embryos…Never had blood work to check anything but HIV and Hep…I am on Endometrin three times a day and three 2mg of Estrofem per day…I had pain the first few days but now have nothing…I am to go in today for a shot of Decapeptyl…I went ahead and did a home pregnancy test this morning to see if the HcG was still in me and it was not…test came back negative…which i did that shot a week ago today so i am not surprised it is out of me… My concern is there has never been any blood work to see where my body is at on preparing for a baby to grow…and that they did no ultra sound when doing the transfer back and then my sister in law who had IVF asked if they checked under a microscope to see if the embryos did transfer so that now has my brain all over the place…and was a 2 day transfer with assisted hatching and ICSI too soon to transfer back…And for some reason I keep thinking the doctor is lying to me…I really thought my body would be in pain or something to let me know that the baby is growing…but nothing…so i am pretty much given up hope on all of this right now… This 2ww is SO HARD… Thank you and good luck to the both of you…

OK Lambe this 2ww will suck. I have noticed that all RE’s seem to have a variance on what they do. I have had an US checking my endometrial lining to make sure it is growing and appropriate for transfer. Most people seem to be going in for day 3 or day 5 transfer. My clinic does day 5, with US. Every person will give you a different regimen of medications, labs, etc that they were on. At this stage of the game you would not feel anything, so that I can reassure your is normal. I have two children and did not know I was pregnant until my first missed menses 4-6 weeks into pregnancy. I am sorry you do not trust your RE that makes it difficult. Try to relax and not stress due to it is better for the embryos. Keep your faith and chin up through this 2 weeks.