First time IVF. Fertility issue = age.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share my story because reading all of your stories have been helpful and insightful for me.

I just turned 39 and we’ve been trying for 2 years (since our honeymoon) to have a baby. Here is my fertility timeline:

3 pregnancies resulting in 3 early miscarriages (5-6 weeks) - all naturally conceived

3 unsuccessful IUI attempts using Letrozol and Ovidrel (the Letrozol gave me massive migraines on Day 4 consistently)

4 cycles of Chlomid only (one resulting in pregnancy/miscarriage).

We’ve both been thoroughly tested. My husband is 41 and in great health. High sperm count and no known issues. I am 39 and also have no known fertility issues. I was told it’s all about age and timing with us. UGH!

So… finally, I decided I was ready for IVF and I wish I made the decision sooner. I was scared of the medication, thinking all the hormones could cause breast cancer, etc. Finally, one night I had an epiphany: We are so lucky to be able to get IVF treatments and to be able to have a good chance to have our baby. What is there to be afraid of?

That day I made the call and got started on Gonal-F on Day 2 of my cycle. Then I added Ganirelix to the mix and finally Ovidrel. There were 12 follicles, but 4 had grown too big by Day 5 so there were discarded. Of the 8 left, 7 were fertilized and 2 were implanted (5 frozen). The two that were transferred were BB grade. Of the 5 frozen, 2 are AB grade, but on Day 5 they weren’t ready to transfer.

The Embryo Transfer took place 48 hours ago and I’m scheduled to have a pregnancy test next week.

I am hopeful, but I don’t feel any symptoms. My breasts are sore, but I attribute that to the progesterone that I’m inserting every morning. Was hoping to feel implantation cramping at this point.

Anyone have similar experiences? Embryo transfers that weren’t AA grade and still resulted in pregnancy? No sign of implantation cramping?

When did you start to feel symptoms? I’m well aware of the 2 week wait, as the past two years, I feel as thought I’ve been living my life in two week intervals. I know this is the hardest part, but I would love to feel something - cramping, heartburn, anything.

Thanks for reading ladies. I wish the same good luck for everyone :pray: :cross: