First time IVF in August. Looking for buddies to chat.

I have just starting the priming stage for IVF (estrace, androgel and then in two weeks I’ll be taking provera).
First ever IVF cycle will begin early August. I will be on an aggressive protocol as I have a low ovarian reserve (amh .23), and FSH fluctuates around 12.
Also the last time they checked my antral follicle count was 7 or 8.
I’ve been trying to conceive for a year and 8 months. I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks after trying for only 2 months. Since then, no luck.

I’ve been going to acupuncture since last September, and have been taking CoQ10, Prenatal, Folic acid, fish oil, myoinositol, and also DHEA for the last 4 months. Feel like I’m doing all I know possible.

Feeling excited, scared, nervous… lots of emotions.
Anyone else in the same situation and would like to chat?

While it will not be my first time, I am an IVF veteran now :frowning: we are just waiting for :af: to arrive so I can Do Day 3 testing. We are using a new RE so he retesting. I also have low AMH and high FSH. I am just :pray: that the numbers are not worse but since it has been almost 1 yr since we got those numbers my guess is they have gotten worse.

I think I will be starting Lupron in August but not starting stimming till Sept but wanted to say hello!

Hey olive76,
Looks like I’m about a month ahead of you. Just completed first full round of IVF with day 5 ET yesterday. In the last year, we attempted two other cycles but hit roadblocks, including RE (who we love) recommending that we consider egg donor due to low ovarian reserve. After working out other health and insurance issues, we finally started a cycle in late June and are now waiting for pregnancy test next weekend.

I can’t even begin to describe the emotions of this past month -each bloodtest/ultrasound was an obstacle to overcome before making our way to the next obstacle. We were thrilled to have been able to finally complete a cycle, especially with only 6 eggs retrieved, four fertilized (ICSI) and 2 making it to a day 5 blastocysts. Seems like quality is in our favor - embroyologist referred to one as “gorgeous” and the other as “good” – so we are optimistic this may work for us this time - will find out in a week.

My only advice is remember you’ll shooting for quality not quantity, and to try to relax as much as possible and take each day for the rollercoaster ride that it is. The shots soon become just a part of the day (although the first time mixing the meds can be nerve-wracking) and I was fortunate in having limited side effects. Gets lots of sleep, moderate exercise, and sustain a healthy diet. I changed my diet per a book I purchased on line – pretty much cut out all processed sugars (yes, including chocolate), caffeines, and processed carbs (all bread products, including wheat). Been eating lots of fresh fruit and steamed veggies, and all natural meats (well, as much as you can buy them). This has taken much more time to prepare meals (been to the grocery store 3-4 times a week when I normally go once a month) but I feel so much healthier - and managed to drop a few pounds too. I never thought I’d have the will power to change my diet so drastically - especially when DH eats chips and candy in front of me but this experience has made me realize how very much we want this baby and what I’m willing to do to get there. I’m not suggesting this is necessary but it can’t hurt and so far, our results have been good. That being said, there are so many “dos” and “don’ts” on the internet - you have to make deliberate decisions as to what you feel is best for you. My RE’s office is amused by all that I’ve been doing (or not doing) due to what’s on the internet…

Sorry for rambling - just stay focused, as calm as possible, positive and know that you got this -esp when you start your first stims. Feel free to PM me - I’m still a newbie at this myself but my experience is fresh. I also felt quite alone during the process as only DH really understood what was going on - it can be a lonely experience and with the increase in hormones and natural anxiety involved, it can seem magnified at times. Take care and good luck! :grouphug:

olive76

[quote=olive76]I have just starting the priming stage for IVF (estrace, androgel and then in two weeks I’ll be taking provera).
First ever IVF cycle will begin early August. I will be on an aggressive protocol as I have a low ovarian reserve (amh .23), and FSH fluctuates around 12.
Also the last time they checked my antral follicle count was 7 or 8.
I’ve been trying to conceive for a year and 8 months. I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks after trying for only 2 months. Since then, no luck.

I’ve been going to acupuncture since last September, and have been taking CoQ10, Prenatal, Folic acid, fish oil, myoinositol, and also DHEA for the last 4 months. Feel like I’m doing all I know possible.

Feeling excited, scared, nervous… lots of emotions.
Anyone else in the same situation and would like to chat?[/quote]

Hi Olive, I wanted to see how your first IVF cycle went and if you got your :bfp: like we all want? I did my first ivf cycle in July and it did not work. I was crushed but somehow managed to get trough the very confusing time. Per my RE we had ‘perfect’ embryos, day 5 blasts, transfered. My lining was 11 (they want at least an 8) and eventhough everything seemed perfect we did not get that :bfp: that we wished for. But we decided to start another live cycle and try again. We are so grateful that my husband’s insurance covers 4 ivf tries, otherwise we could not afford the treatment. I hope that you are doing fine. Let us know how it turned out for you.

HI Olive I;m about to start my first cycle of IVF if all is right with my baseline tests tomorrow. I’ve been on BCP for 13 days. Hoping to start stims this week with and estimated ER of Aug 25th. The injection class was OK. I was a vet tech when I was younger so it all came back quickly. But, sticking yourself and sticking a puppy 2 totally different things! Don’t know how I will do with it. The meds box came in too. HOLY COW is all I have I posted about that its huge. It didn’t come with Q caos like I was expecting after the injections class but I guess I can use the needle on the syringe just as easily. I m still drinking 1 cup of coffee in the morning. But no other caffeine. I typically eat pretty high protein low carb anyway. I did start both me and DH on Co Q10 which I heard about on this board. My RE never mentioned any supplements but when I mentioned Co Q10 he perked up and said it was a good idea and certainly couldn’t hurt. I have decided if this cycle doesn’t work I will try acupuncture next time. We have insurance for 3 rounds. Fingers crossed.