First time IVF success stories

Hi all,

Just looking for some uplifting feedback - I had a day 5 transfer in 2/21/13 - I had my first ever IVF treatment after what feels like countless IUI attempts, but I’m hoping that the first times a charm, since my dh and I pretty much tapped out money wise…

Anyway, Saturday is the big day, but I’m looking for some good energy - please share any stories you may have on a first time ivf success.

Thanks All!

We tried for over 2yrs with stimmed cycles and TI with my OB/Gyn. My husband had a vasectomy reversal and his SA was good so we assumed the problem was with me not ovulating every cycle. Out of approx. 12 stimmed cycles (with clomid, femara, and a combination of clomid and follistim) we only got one that had a mature follicle so we finally sought an RE thinking that I just needed some injectables to get mature follicles.

Thankfully the RE started over with us and did a ton of diagnostic testing. We found that I had elevated prolactin and tsh so treated those with bromocriptine and synthroid, but the biggest shock was when we did another SA with an antisperm antibody check and found that DH had them over 95% of his sperm. We were then given the option of donor sperm or IVF w/ICSI. We were told that we could try IUI’s with his sperm, but he said that there were no odds to give us and in his experience this doesn’t work in cases like ours.

So…we had to wait on our IVF until DH got back from deployment and then being military we got transferred to a new state and had to find a new RE.

FINALLY though we did our IVF w/ICSI cycle in September 2012 and feel soooo blessed it worked the first try after putting in 3 yrs TTC. We also did a 5 day transfer.

Good Luck! Sending you lots of :babydust: :babydust:

I notice you took cytotec–I have read and heard a ton of bad things about this drug not being safe. Was wondering if you had heard this or had any bad reactions to it?

Cytotec

When we found no heartbeat during my 8 week sono, we waited an 2 additional weeks for me to pass them naturally, before my RE gave me the option between a D&C and the Cytotec. At the time, I was still a bit shell shocked but I did ask what side effects there were to the Cytotec and what he reccomended. He said that the Cytotec is obviously less invasive, and if it was something that I felt I could handle (Cytotec has an almost immediate effect. Within an hour of taking it, you see bleed and the cramping is pretty intense!), Cytotec is what he reccomended. I hadn’t heard of any dangers nor did I experience anything other than what I had anticipated.

I am a successful first time IVFer! Good luck to you! It can happen! My first BETA was a 17…so dont get upset if your Betas are low! As long as they are doubling your good! :babydust: :babydust:

I am currently 17 weeks from my first IVF. Never had been pregnant before. Everything has been good so far, knock on wood.
The 2ww was the worst, although I tested almost a week early and got a bfp. Light bfp, but it was still there and got darker thru-out that week.
I transferred 2 embryos and 1 took.

Good luck to you!!

Good luck and :bsv: ! As you can see from my siggy I was successful (with TWINS) on my first IVF after SEVEN failed IUIs, so definitely possible! Good luck and let us know how your beta goes.

Just wanted to wish you luck on your first IVF…hope you are a lucky first timer!! I would share my story with you, but if you are looking for first time stories, mine may be a bit frightening :). But what I can say is that through IVF I have been blessed with two wonderful little miracle boys, and they were worth everything we went through to have them!

I do have some other success stories on my blog, some of which are “first time” success stories. If you would like to check those out…IVF Success Stories | IVF Success Stories - Overcoming Infertility | IVF Success Stories - Overcoming Infertility

IVF can be so stressful in many ways but it is well worth it in the end!

My 1st IVF was a rescue from IUI overstim, so I wasn’t properly prepped so to speak. My 1st “intentional” IVF got my :bfp: we’re expecting B/G Twins in May!!! Best of luck!!!:cheer: :bsv: :cross:

I’m 21 weeks with my first ivf try, after 4 iui failures. It definitely can happen! Good luck!

I am a first IVF success story. I had twin girls from my first IVF back in 2008. Transferred two embryos, both took! Good Luck!!

Hey babywishes724,
I too went thru many failed IUIs. Due to my age my RE wanted to go to IVF after trying the many IUIs but money was not in our cards! My insurance was covering our IUI attempts. My RE really wanted to give us a baby which he knew he could but IVF was almost a sure bet. With his help and understanding of our financial issues we proceded to IVF. We transfered three embies on day three. I had a singleton pregnancy and now my daughter is a year old! Positive thoughts and always, keep your eye on the prize!!! Best of luck to you and much baby dust your way!

[quote=babywishes724]Hi all,

Just looking for some uplifting feedback - I had a day 5 transfer in 2/21/13 - I had my first ever IVF treatment after what feels like countless IUI attempts, but I’m hoping that the first times a charm, since my dh and I pretty much tapped out money wise…

Anyway, Saturday is the big day, but I’m looking for some good energy - please share any stories you may have on a first time ivf success.

Thanks All![/quote]

We were very fortunate and blessed.
As you can see from my signature, after 4 IUIs, we were successful on our first IVF! My miracle is 6 1/2weeks old sitting in front of me :slight_smile:
I thought for sure it didnt work and that AF was on her way. I had never seen a (+) HPT and was so shocked I woke my hubby up at 1am to look at it lol

Thank you for all of the wonderful, inspiring stories - I have not taken an hpt… I figure that it’s either one or the other - for right now, I’m operating under the assumption that I am… And if I’m not, I can wait for confirmation of that till Saturday. Does that make any sense at all - most people are shocked to hear that I don’t like to do hpt’s before my first beta…

Anyway, thanks for all of the prayers and :babydust: I will be sure to keep you all updated!

Good news…

Had my beta done this morning… I just heard from the doctor… We got a :bfp: … Beta was 157!.. We are beyond happy right now! You guys were right… It does happen the first time out!

I had a first time success.

DH and I did a combo cycle intending to just do IUI but overstimmed, then converted that to IVF…I can’t remember exact numbers (it was 2011) but I think there were about 20 follicles, 16 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized, 5 made it to day 3 and one made it to day 5 for implantation.

Just one lucky egg and one lucky IVF.

Yep, that’s my DS today. Miracle baby.

It happens people.

CONGRATS ON THE BFP BABYWISHES!!!

Congrats on your BFP! I also had success my first IVF with triplets. :clap:

Thank you everyone for the wonderful support - Infertilibaby, that’s almost my exact story - We started doing an IUI cycle but we switched to IVF due to overstimming - On the day of my retreival, 23 eggs were retrieved, 18 fertilized and we did a day 5 transfer where 2 were tranferred (we ended up freezing 5). I am so happy, and grateful to have been given this gift… Here’s hoping the rest of the way is smooth sailing… Please keep us in your prayers!:grouphug: