First time! Question about HMG!

Hi Everyone…
Gosh am I petrified!
I just did my first round of injectable medications, and wow-eee.

Check out my meds! (Pic)

I am undergoing treatment in Japan, and as if that isn’t scary enough - no one told me how I needed to do these injections! Thank goodness my friend is a nurse, and came by and told me I had to mix the (powdered) HMG with the (liquid) saline! Otherwise I would of been “shooting up” powder!

Anyway, I’m so confused. I don’t know how or what kind of dose I am on. I’m currently taking a protocol of: 2x 150 vials of HMG every second day, for 3 days.

Has anyone ever used or heard of this kind of protocol? Is this a low dose? I go for a scan on Wednesday to check the size of the follicle(s) - hopefully multiple! I was just wondering had anyone heard of a similar protocol, and any outcomes?

[ATTACH]68945[/ATTACH]
THanks!

I should add, only the doctor at the clinic speaks english, no one else! And he said to me, “you are not the size of Japanese woman. So I give you American-size dose.” :clap: HA Ha Ha!

That’s petrifying for sure. It’s always good to know how to administer injectibles. This link may help you:

Injection Lessons | CNY Fertility Center

They even have a forum where doctors answer questions. You may try putting this question there.

Good luck!

aliche- I may be able to help you a bit…I’m Japanese living in US and undergoing treatment :slight_smile: I’ve done all my treatments in US only, though.

The name of the meds is “Teizo.” I didn’t really see any useful site in English, but you can google it if you want. I don’t know if you are any familiar with injectables in US, but Teizo is pretty much the same as Menopur or Repronox (they are all the combination of LH and FSH).

If you read up on others experiences on this site, you can see what the dosages were with Menopur and Repronox. Some start at 75, and others at 150.

I know it’s nerve-wracking to do this treatment especially when you are overseas and can’t really communicate with the stuff in the clinic. Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Also, the Doctor’s comment was not nice! At the same time, I gotta say it’s very typical… I don’t know how you took it, but (believe it or not) he was most likely trying to “break the ice” with you and put your mind at ease.

I don’t check the site every day, but you can PM me anytime you want. Good luck!