First U/S&B/W tomorrow for start of IVF cycle but no AF yet? Any experience?

So, my first IVF U/S and blood work is tomorrow for this new cycle!

I’m so nervous! I hope my E2 levels are nice and low and my ovaries are suppressed with a good follie count!:pray:

I’m a little worried because I haven’t starte AF :af: yet!

My last pill was on the morning of the 26th and last time it took me 4 full days to start AF :af: (started on the 5th day).

I asked the nurse if it mattered and she said it shouldn’t as long as my levels are nice and low but I’m still nervous about it. :cross:

Does anyone have any experience with this? Having not started AF :af: before your first U/S? :grr:

The same thing happened to me with both IVF’s. I ended up starting AF the day after my baselines. Everything worked out fine. My nurse said it’s normal.

[quote=InfertiliBaby]So, my first IVF U/S and blood work is tomorrow for this new cycle!

I’m so nervous! I hope my E2 levels are nice and low and my ovaries are suppressed with a good follie count!:pray:

I’m a little worried because I haven’t starte AF :af: yet!

My last pill was on the morning of the 26th and last time it took me 4 full days to start AF :af: (started on the 5th day).

I asked the nurse if it mattered and she said it shouldn’t as long as my levels are nice and low but I’m still nervous about it. :cross:

Does anyone have any experience with this? Having not started AF :af: before your first U/S? :grr:[/quote]

You should be fine. I also always started AF after baseline. And nurses/RE said it should be fine.

LittleItalian, Suma - thank you SO much for easing my fears!

I suppose it will be nice if I’m not on AF during the U/S! (or at least one of them)…that’s never much fun…

I was on lupron when I went in for first check. That was on a Thursday. I was supposed to start stims on Saturday and my nurse said that was whether I got AF or not. But after the check, they said I needed to wait till after AF b/c my lining was too thick. Hello, I haven’t had AF yet, what did they expect?

I got AF Saturday afternoon and had to go back in for another check on Monday before I got cleared for stims. Good luck w/ your check and cycle!

You should get AF within 2-5 days after taking the last pill I believe. I did not get mine within this period so I was called in for an ultrasound to make sure that my lining was okay (for AF to start) and then my RE prescribed provera to induce my period. I had to take it for 10 days and about 6 days later, I got my period. So if you didn’t get your period within the reasonable period of time after taking your last pill, definitely let your RE know so she/he can give you something.