flygirl9999-Is there a CCRM board for 40+/High FSH

Greetings,

I’m still very new to the board, so please bear with me. My DH and I are looking for another RE after our 1st Failed IVF a few weeks ago. At 42, with the “usual” FSH/DOR issues and so many clinics to choose from, I’ve resorted to looking at SART/CDC numbers. Obviously CCRM has some of the best for those of us 40+, but could anyone share their experiences there?

Also am I in the right place for this?? I see CCRM (p.s. good luck Jenn-) boards but Im not sure if there’s one specifically for those 40+ and those who have tried this long-distance too.

We are more than willing to travel for results. In fact the idea of coordinating with someone locally but going to the best of the best for the final piece would be best.

I have a phone consult with CHR in New York tomorrow, but if CCRM’s numbers and long-distance patient programs are even better I’m all for going there. We live in MI so before we pack our bags for Denver or NYC does anyone have any comments?

Thanks and :babydust: to all,

Me:42-Fine-High FSH (highest 20.6), AMH ‘normal’ for my age or so I was told
DH:40 Fine

#1-IVF-02/22-4 Follies, 3 ICSI’s, seemed to a lil slow responder to 300 Menopur, 300 Gona Pen, initially. Estrdial (Trigger 500up)
02/25-3 ET, no left overs
03/06-Beta -No reason yet:grr:

flygirl9999 - there is no CCRM board for over 40 or DOR. Try the regular CCRM - there are a few of us over 40 patients and a number of DOR patients. Most of us on the board are from out of state.

CCRM’s website describes the steps for out of state patients. You have to do a phone consult first - there’s about a 3 month waiting list for the top doctors (i.e., Schoolcraft and Surrey), probably a few weeks waiting list for the younger doctors. If you fill out your patient info and get your records to CCRM quickly, you can get on their waiting list for cancellations. Many of us have had our consult moved up weeks if not months by doing this. After your phone consult, you travel to Denver for the one day work up where they conduct multiple tests (e.g., hysteroscopy, ultrasound, bloodwork). After the test results are back, CCRM will make their recommendations. For your IVF cycle, you will have your suppression check and Day 4 stim check locally, and then fly to Denver for the rest of the cycle. Most people end up staying in Denver about 7-9 days. You can fly home the day after egg retrieval.

CCRM - Services & Steps for Out-of-State & International Patients

My advice would be to go to the place that has the best success rate for your condition & age. I wished I had started at CCRM from the beginning of my treatment.

[quote=flygirl9999]Greetings,

I’m still very new to the board, so please bear with me. My DH and I are looking for another RE after our 1st Failed IVF a few weeks ago. At 42, with the “usual” FSH/DOR issues and so many clinics to choose from, I’ve resorted to looking at SART/CDC numbers. Obviously CCRM has some of the best for those of us 40+, but could anyone share their experiences there?

Also am I in the right place for this?? I see CCRM (p.s. good luck Jenn-) boards but Im not sure if there’s one specifically for those 40+ and those who have tried this long-distance too.

We are more than willing to travel for results. In fact the idea of coordinating with someone locally but going to the best of the best for the final piece would be best.

I have a phone consult with CHR in New York tomorrow, but if CCRM’s numbers and long-distance patient programs are even better I’m all for going there. We live in MI so before we pack our bags for Denver or NYC does anyone have any comments?

Thanks and :babydust: to all,

Me:42-Fine-High FSH (highest 20.6), AMH ‘normal’ for my age or so I was told
DH:40 Fine

#1-IVF-02/22-4 Follies, 3 ICSI’s, seemed to a lil slow responder to 300 Menopur, 300 Gona Pen, initially. Estrdial (Trigger 500up)
02/25-3 ET, no left overs
03/06-Beta -No reason yet:grr:[/quote]

flygirl9999-RE:CCRM Board

Thank you YellowEster,

Sorry to hear about the cancelled cycle, :bfn: 's …
Sounds like CCRM is making the difference for you. Good luck and :babydust: to you my dear. C ya on the CCRM board.

flygirl9999