Follicle size and BFP?

I am CD13 today and went in for my u/s and b/w. Only got 2 follicles this cycle (18mm & 15mm). My last cycle there was 3 follicles at 18, 18, and 16.

I actually used one additional day of Gonal F when compare to last cycle. I was hoping I will have at least one follicle in the 20’s. :frowning:

I guess my follicles just don’t want to get too big. :grr:

Ladies, when you get your BFP, how many and what size are your follicles?

[quote=Kobemama]I am CD13 today and went in for my u/s and b/w. Only got 2 follicles this cycle (18mm & 15mm). My last cycle there was 3 follicles at 18, 18, and 16.

I actually used one additional day of Gonal F when compare to last cycle. I was hoping I will have at least one follicle in the 20’s. :frowning:

I guess my follicles just don’t want to get too big. :grr:

Ladies, when you get your BFP, how many and what size are your follicles?[/quote]

Hey Kobemama - I only had one follie on my good side this time - I had 2 or 3 all the other times… it only takes one! Good luck with this cycle. Lots of :babydust: and :bsv:!!

With my clomid IUI it was a bfp and my follies were the day before trigger :

cd13 u/s - 3 on left - 17mm, 11mm, 8mm ~ 2 on right - 18mm, 15mm = So 3 mature follies.

But with using injections they trigger around 17mm-18mm

On IUI cycle #3 I had one follicle that measured 20x24 and I got a BFP. I agree with what mgk963 said, it only takes one egg and of course one sperm.

the day before trigger I had 4 follies-22.5, 14.6, 13.9 and 12.7

I am pregnant with fraternal twins, so the best guess is that the 22.5 and the 14.6 were the ones.

I know plenty of ladies have gotten pregnant with just one, and it sounds like you could have 2–sometimes they just mature before they are in the 20s.

:flower: Thanks ladies. My RE decided to let me have one more day of Gonal F before we trigger after they look at my blood test from this morning.

I am hoping at least one of my 2 follicles will grow to the 20mm mark. :cross: :cross: follicles grow…grow.

It is good to know people get BFP with only 1 follicle. I was a bit worried when I found out I only have 1 bigger follicle and a smaller one. I was worrying my odds is lower than last round. :grr:

As others have said, it only takes one. I think usually, though, on Clomid, they like to see follicles around 20mm because of how they mature vs injectibles, which are mature at I think about 16mm. But, with the trigger, they can ripen and mature to be that, so just :cross: that this is your cycle.

I Know what you mean. I always wanted 20s. LOL For this last round, I had 18, 18, and 19 mature with a couple of 15’s and a 16. I had my IUI almost 48 hours after my last u/s, so I like to think they really grew and gave me TWINS!!! Oh, the joy I would feel. :slight_smile:

:cross: [quote=jenniferfontenot]I Know what you mean. I always wanted 20s. LOL For this last round, I had 18, 18, and 19 mature with a couple of 15’s and a 16. I had my IUI almost 48 hours after my last u/s, so I like to think they really grew and gave me TWINS!!! Oh, the joy I would feel. :)[/quote]

:cross: :cross: you will get twins in this iui.

Thanks.I am definitely praying for TWINS!!! Of course I would be happy with one as well.:slight_smile: