Follicle size at the time of trigger?

Hello,

I am doing FSH injection only cycle. Today is cd-9. I went for the ultrasound and RE said there is one follicle on the right 19 mm and two on the left 15.5 mm and 13 mm.
My RE said take 125 fsh tonight so that we can catch up the smaller ones. But I am afraid that 19mm will get over mature if I take 125 fsh today.

Could you please tell me at what follicle size is the ovidrel given.

Me:32.
DH:34
Unexplained fertility
Tried many IUIs all BFN this is the last IUI before moving to IVF.

Thanks
Amy

they say follices grow 2mm per day on stims. Anything over 17 is considered mature and although I’m not sure what would be considered ‘over mature’ I’ve seen eggs retrieved through IVF over 25.
So I would think you are doing great. One more day of stims and you’ll have 21 & 2-17’s & a 15. Plus for me I had a follicle measure at 15 just a few hours before my egg retrieval and the tech didn’t even count it saying that it wasn’t mature. My doctor retrieved it anyway and I got a 4th egg and all 4 of them grew so it was definitely as mature as the others.

Good luck!

[quote=Amy789]Hello,

I am doing FSH injection only cycle. Today is cd-9. I went for the ultrasound and RE said there is one follicle on the right 19 mm and two on the left 15.5 mm and 13 mm.
My RE said take 125 fsh tonight so that we can catch up the smaller ones. But I am afraid that 19mm will get over mature if I take 125 fsh today.

Could you please tell me at what follicle size is the ovidrel given.

Me:32.
DH:34
Unexplained fertility
Tried many IUIs all BFN this is the last IUI before moving to IVF.

Thanks
Amy[/quote]

at my clinic, they trigger at 18+.

once i conceived with a 17.9. this time i conceived with with either a 16.5 or a 21.

My clinic would’ve had me trigger with the 19. They look for ONE good follicle over 18 for IUI/TI cycles, as they don’t want to risk losing the larger one just so the smaller ones can get bigger (as you mentioned). That being said, I’ve heard women getting BFPs with sizes of 24-25, so they probably think one more day isn’t going to harm the 19 one. Regardless, I hope it works out for you!!

Jun cycle - My wife had one above 18mm and so they triggered (which is how they did it when she was on clomid and during a natural cycle, too).

This cycle (IUI tomorrow) they triggered her with the largest 16mm because there were 5-6 between 14 and 16 and they said she had to trigger at that time, or cancel the whole thing - too many eggs around the same size.

She is on Bravelle, by the way, and this is for DIUI.