For anyone who needs uplifting...

A good friend of mine shared this with me and I would like to share it with all of you. I read it from time to time when I need the “inspiration”. I don’t know who it’s by, but it’s amazing nonetheless - enjoy!

:slight_smile: :grouphug:

"There are women who become mothers without effort,
without thought,
without patience or loss,
and though they are good mothers and love their children,
I know that I will be better.

I will be better not because of genetics or money or because I have read more books,
but because I have struggled and toiled for this child.

I have longed and waited.
I have cried and prayed.
I have endured and planned over and over again.

Like most things in life, the people who truly have appreciation are those who have struggled to attain their dreams.

I will notice everything about my child.
I will take time to watch my child sleep,
explore,
and discover.
I will marvel at this miracle every day for the rest of my life.

I will be happy when I wake in the middle of the night to the sound of my child, knowing that I can comfort, hold, and feed him and that I am not waking to take another temperature, pop another pill, take another shot or cry tears of a broken dream.
My dream will be crying for me.

I count myself lucky in this sense; that God has given me this insight, this special vision with which I will look upon my child.

Whether I parent a child I actually give birth to or a child that God leads me to, I will not be careless with my love.

I will be a better mother for all that I have endured. I am a better wife, a better aunt, a better daughter, neighbor, friend, and sister because I have known pain.

I know disillusionment, as I have been betrayed by my own body. I have been tried by fire and hell that many never face, yet given time, I stood tall.

I have prevailed.
I have succeeded.
I have won.

So now, when others hurt around me, I do not run from their pain in order to save myself discomfort. I see it, mourn it, and join them in theirs.
I listen.
And even though I cannot make it better, I can make it less lonely.

I have learned the immense power of another hand holding tight to mine, of other eyes that moisten as they learn to accept the harsh truth when life is beyond hard.

I have learned a compassion that only comes by walking in those shoes. I have learned to appreciate life.

Yes, I will be a wonderful mother."

That’s beautiful!!! Thanks for posting it starkml4. :flower:

Wow, I know the hormones are raging, but that made me cry. Thanks so much for posting, I needed the pick-me-up!
Thanks starkml4!

[FONT=“Comic Sans MS”]I really needed this today…feeling super down and worried this time didn’t work…

Thanks for posting this…[/FONT]

What a wonderful post! I’m with Jill, that made me teary eyed too. This clomid is really messing with my emotions!

Beautiful, inspiring for sure and the best part about it is it is the honest to god truth. I Love this post! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! God Bless you!

Thanks for posting this - i really needed it today! :thankyou:

Thank you for this!
Been thinking about the possibility of IVF and worrying about costs and all, this just gave my spirits a boost.

Thank you. It’s so great when you find something that really expresses the feelings you’re having. Maybe I’ll share this with those who know about our struggle.

[quote=starkml4]A good friend of mine shared this with me and I would like to share it with all of you. I read it from time to time when I need the “inspiration”. I don’t know who it’s by, but it’s amazing nonetheless - enjoy!

:slight_smile: :grouphug:

"There are women who become mothers without effort,
without thought,
without patience or loss,
and though they are good mothers and love their children,
I know that I will be better.

I will be better not because of genetics or money or because I have read more books,
but because I have struggled and toiled for this child.

I have longed and waited.
I have cried and prayed.
I have endured and planned over and over again.

Like most things in life, the people who truly have appreciation are those who have struggled to attain their dreams.

I will notice everything about my child.
I will take time to watch my child sleep,
explore,
and discover.
I will marvel at this miracle every day for the rest of my life.

I will be happy when I wake in the middle of the night to the sound of my child, knowing that I can comfort, hold, and feed him and that I am not waking to take another temperature, pop another pill, take another shot or cry tears of a broken dream.
My dream will be crying for me.

I count myself lucky in this sense; that God has given me this insight, this special vision with which I will look upon my child.

Whether I parent a child I actually give birth to or a child that God leads me to, I will not be careless with my love.

I will be a better mother for all that I have endured. I am a better wife, a better aunt, a better daughter, neighbor, friend, and sister because I have known pain.

I know disillusionment, as I have been betrayed by my own body. I have been tried by fire and hell that many never face, yet given time, I stood tall.

I have prevailed.
I have succeeded.
I have won.

So now, when others hurt around me, I do not run from their pain in order to save myself discomfort. I see it, mourn it, and join them in theirs.
I listen.
And even though I cannot make it better, I can make it less lonely.

I have learned the immense power of another hand holding tight to mine, of other eyes that moisten as they learn to accept the harsh truth when life is beyond hard.

I have learned a compassion that only comes by walking in those shoes. I have learned to appreciate life.

Yes, I will be a wonderful mother."[/quote]

Holey Moley, that made me sob my eyes out! so so lovely, Thank you for posting it! xxx:flower:

Thank you for posting this poem. It certainly made me teary eyed. Everything in it is so true! I will read this every time I doubt myself in this journey. Its definitely a motivator! THANK YOU for sharing!!

I loved it, I’m sobbing my eyes out of course. Thanks for sharing this.

That is so beautiful and true. Thank you for posting.

wow, thankyou for posting this! It brought tears to my eyes~:grouphug:

Thank you so much for this. I really needed it!

I am totally crying on the train though! LOL