For The Experienced Fets Patients -question Please

Hello ladies,

Sometime in Autumn, I will have my FET. I asked my dr. in advance for the list of the medications I would need to take for it, before and after. The list is quite a long, so I would like to see if you used the same or less/more (speaking about the basic things. I know that somebody who has clotting issue or thyroid issue would have certain meds to take).

Thank you a lot.

The list:
Clindamyacin 300mg 2x’s per day for 2wks
Doxycyline 100mg 2 x’s per day for 2wks
Birth control pill
Leuprolide Acetate 2wk kit
Delestrogen 20mg/ml [B]OR[/B] Estrace 2mg
Lovenox 40mg (clexane)
Clindamycin Vaginal Suppository 150mg
Valium 5mg
Progesterone in oil 50mg/ml [B]OR [/B]Crinone 8% gel
E2V 2mg/Progesterone 100mg vaginal suppository
Baby aspirin 81mg

Hi! I’ve done 2 FETs and my last cycle we used very similar meds. I did not start with BCP, but started with Lupron (leuprolide) 5 units, Pentoxifyline 400mg 2X a day, vaginal estrace 2mg, and Vitamin E 800 IU daily. Delestrogen .25ml injection was every 3 days. I also was on doxycycline 2 weeks before the transfer. About a week before the transfer, I started the Progesterone in Oil 1 ml. The day of the transfer I took the Valium and stopped everything except for the PIO, the Delestrogen, and the estrace. I also am on baby aspirin daily, but can’t remember exactly when that started…sometime before the transfer. Good luck with your cycle! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you a lot.

The list:
Clindamyacin 300mg 2x’s per day for 2wks- [B]also antibacterial medicine. I’ve never been on this.[/B]
Doxycyline 100mg 2 x’s per day for 2wks-[B] prevents infections. ive only taken 3 days, starting day before transfer[/B]
Birth control pill- [B]take 4 weeks before, allow period than cd1[/B]
Leuprolide Acetate 2wk kit- [B]better known as lupron, take along with birth control pill, helps to suppress your body [/B]
Delestrogen 20mg/ml [B]OR[/B] Estrace 2mg- [B]this is estrogen plumps your lining. this is a normal dose for fet[/B]
Lovenox 40mg (clexane)- [B]heparin or lovenox is for women who have clotting issues. I will start my injections 2 weeks before my FET[/B]
Clindamycin Vaginal Suppository 150mg- [B]antibacterial medicine, ive never been on it[/B]
Valium 5mg- [B]taken the day of transfer to help you relax. [/B]
Progesterone in oil 50mg/ml [B]OR [/B]Crinone 8% gel- [B]progesterone should start 3-5 days before transfer, important for lining and continuing development of the fetus[/B]
E2V 2mg/Progesterone 100mg vaginal suppository- [B]same as above[/B]
Baby aspirin 81mg-[B]used in a lot of clinic, helps blood flow and has also helped with women minor blood clots.[/B]

Only one of the medicines listed have I not been on. With my future FET coming up I will also be on Neevo DHA, folic acid, calcium magnesium, CoQ-10, Vitamin d3, and prednisone.

Good luck and I know it sounds like a lot to take but not all are taken at the same time :smiley:

Happy Friday - rach

[QUOTE=racheldenise]Thank you a lot.

The list:
Clindamyacin 300mg 2x’s per day for 2wks- [B]also antibacterial medicine. I’ve never been on this.[/B]
Doxycyline 100mg 2 x’s per day for 2wks-[B] prevents infections. ive only taken 3 days, starting day before transfer[/B]
Birth control pill- [B]take 4 weeks before, allow period than cd1[/B]
Leuprolide Acetate 2wk kit- [B]better known as lupron, take along with birth control pill, helps to suppress your body [/B]
Delestrogen 20mg/ml [B]OR[/B] Estrace 2mg- [B]this is estrogen plumps your lining. this is a normal dose for fet[/B]
Lovenox 40mg (clexane)- [B]heparin or lovenox is for women who have clotting issues. I will start my injections 2 weeks before my FET[/B]
Clindamycin Vaginal Suppository 150mg- [B]antibacterial medicine, ive never been on it[/B]
Valium 5mg- [B]taken the day of transfer to help you relax. [/B]
Progesterone in oil 50mg/ml [B]OR [/B]Crinone 8% gel- [B]progesterone should start 3-5 days before transfer, important for lining and continuing development of the fetus[/B]
E2V 2mg/Progesterone 100mg vaginal suppository- [B]same as above[/B]
Baby aspirin 81mg-[B]used in a lot of clinic, helps blood flow and has also helped with women minor blood clots.[/B]

Only one of the medicines listed have I not been on. With my future FET coming up I will also be on Neevo DHA, folic acid, calcium magnesium, CoQ-10, Vitamin d3, and prednisone.

Good luck and I know it sounds like a lot to take but not all are taken at the same time :smiley:

Happy Friday - rach[/QUOTE
We are set for a July 18th transfer. See outline below.

I am on bcp, which i stop on june 24.
I start lupron june 20 and decrease dose july 2nd. I also start estrace july 2nd, the estrace has varying doses which increase prior to transfer and depend on blood tests and US.
I will do progesterone pills starting july 15 and also suppositories 3x day after transfer!
Due to assisted hatching we will do azithromycin and medrol this time.
Plus I have Valium 10 mg day of transfer.
I don’t have clotting issues so no aspirin, just synthroid for my thyroid and of course prenatal vitamins. Hope this helps and good luck. Just a warning the estrace does cause a weird vaginal smelling discharge, no one warned me about this the first time and I freaked out- thought I had some kind of infection! Plus progesterone can make your breasts sensitive and full.

My list was:

Clindamyacin 300mg 2x’s per day for 2wks - [COLOR=“Red”]no
Doxycyline 100mg 2 x’s per day for 2wks - [COLOR=“Red”]no
Birth control pill - [COLOR=“Red”]no
Leuprolide Acetate 2wk kit - [COLOR=“Red”]yes
Delestrogen 20mg/ml OR Estrace 2mg - [COLOR=“Red”]yes
Lovenox 40mg (clexane) - [COLOR=“Red”]no
Clindamycin Vaginal Suppository 150mg - [COLOR=“Red”]no
Valium 5mg - [COLOR=“Red”]no
Progesterone in oil 50mg/ml OR Crinone 8% gel - [COLOR=“Red”]no
E2V 2mg/Progesterone 100mg vaginal suppository - [COLOR=“Red”]yes
Baby aspirin 81mg - [COLOR=“Red”]no

Good luck!!

D

The list:
Clindamyacin 300mg 2x’s per day for 2wks. No
Doxycyline 100mg 2 x’s per day for 2wks. No
Birth control pill. Nortrel was my bcp.
Leuprolide Acetate 2wk kit. No
Delestrogen 20mg/ml OR Estrace 2mg. I took both for lining.
Lovenox 40mg (clexane). No
Clindamycin Vaginal Suppository 150mg. No
Valium 5mg. No
Progesterone in oil 50mg/ml OR Crinone 8% gel. Yes on PIO
E2V 2mg/Progesterone 100mg vaginal suppository. Yes
Baby aspirin 81mg. No

First of all, thank you ladies for your help.
Don’t you think I have too many meds, especially doxycycline and clyndamicine? I have to raise this issue with my dr. Im afraid thst too many different mefs could harm the embryos.

I took most of those, minus the lovenox and baby aspirin ( which are for women with clotting issues). Bcp the month before the fet to prep. The lupron to suppress ovulation for 2-3 weeks. Antibiotics ( I used only doxy, but clindamycinf is similar) used a few days before the transfer to make sure you don’t get any infections that could harm baby. The Valium used the day of transfer to relax you a bit. Then the estrogen and progesterone is standard for 12 w.

I have just read in one of the threads that doxy could be toxic for embryos! Any idea about this???

Doxy

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri][B]Cosmo[/B] – I’m not sure if the doxy is toxic but my RE will not allow me to use it when we get closer to transfer. I currently take 100 mg periodically for mild acne. My RE said I won’t be able to take it during pregnancy either. The only good thing is the Lupron is keeping my acne at bay. I heard the doxy makes the babies teeth yellow? [/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=cosmopolitan4112008]First of all, thank you ladies for your help.
Don’t you think I have too many meds, especially doxycycline and clyndamicine? I have to raise this issue with my dr. Im afraid thst too many different mefs could harm the embryos.[/QUOTE]
I didn’t take antibiotics, but me and my husband had to do many, many, many bacteriological analysis prior to IVF/FET, including tests on chlamydia, mycoplasma and ureaplasma and got the “green light” to proceed with IVF/FET when ALL our analysis were OK and not older than 1 month.
As I understood, in USA (I am from Europe) protocol is different: no bacteriological testing (cost saving measure?), but antibiotic is mandatory part of IVF/FET procedure.
Excluding antibiotic and bacteriological testing… I am not sure it is good idea.

:cross: for you!!!

D

[QUOTE=cosmopolitan4112008]I have just read in one of the threads that doxy could be toxic for embryos! Any idea about this???[/QUOTE]

I’ve used doxy in every single one of my fresh and frozen transfers. We use it because it keeps fluid from being in my uterus…which a big problem for me. I haven’t seen it as an issue. My DD is perfectly healthy, as for the yellow teeth thing. Not sure, but her teeth are perfectly white.

Geneen3 - Thanks for the post. I guess I wont worry so much about it. I assumed if and when we get PG I may have acne flare ups and wont be able to take the doxy. But now I wont worry as much. :nerd:

Dear_D - My RE in Scottsdale, AZ had me do the bacteriological analysis prior to IVF/FET, which included tests of chlamydia, mycoplasma and ureaplasma. I assume each RE has a different protocol. Oh and let me add Congrats on your PG!!!

WE did many of those tests and we were ok, but still the dr. gave me doxy (before when I had my fresh transfer that ended in chemical).

Cosmo, doxy is fine, it’s just to prevent any bacteria that may get inside you during transfer.

It’s not toxic or harm the embryo. The embryo isn’t even attached to the lining, by the time you will have stopped the doxy. It won’t cross the placenta cause there is no placenta at that stage. I took it, I had twins, and I pg with number 3, via fet with doxy. No issues, no teeth issues ( which would be from continual prolonged exposure).

If you really don’t want to take it, so ask him if you can omit the antibiotics, it’ll probably be fine without. For me, I had a chemical the fet that I didn’t use doxy.