For those who have been successful- a question for you

For those with successful IVF pregnancies, I have a question.

did you have a boy or a girl? I am seeing a lot more girls born through IVF and I am curious about it. Is there a bigger chance of having a girl, or does it just seem like that?

I know of about 8 ppl who have gone through IVF and of those 8 7 had beautiful bouncing baby girls! Coincidence or something scientific going on?

Not sure but I have 2 girls and 1 boy thru IVF w/icsi

We had a boy :slight_smile:

both boys, with icsi. I think I remember reading somehere boys are more likely with icsi, something about the sperm selection I think

Interesting question! The girls on the IVF Summer 2010 thread who are having a singleton are all having boys, including me.

We didn’t do ICSI, just straight IVF.

chloe

we did ifv w/ icsi and we had a girl

2 girls with IVF & icsi! :woohoo:

We had our DS with IVF & ICSI. We’re hoping for either a nother healthy boy or maybe this time a girl. Most of the people I’ve met that have had IVF have had boys.

There was recently a study out of Australia that said that IVf actually has a higher percentages of boys. If I find a link I will post it.

both cycles we used icsi 2 girls and 1 boy

We had a boy and a girl with ICSI.

2linesin09, O M G, that picture! That is the most precious thing!!!

No scientific data published but i think with recent PGS, you can select boy or girl embies for txfer

You may want to google up Gene Institute for this info…

personally, i am happy with a baby, boy or girl…

[quote=mlhttc]For those with successful IVF pregnancies, I have a question.

did you have a boy or a girl? I am seeing a lot more girls born through IVF and I am curious about it. Is there a bigger chance of having a girl, or does it just seem like that?

I know of about 8 ppl who have gone through IVF and of those 8 7 had beautiful bouncing baby girls! Coincidence or something scientific going on?[/quote]

Thanks! We had an amazing photographer The rest of the photos are here jdunham_photos - a set on Flickr

I don’t know … but

I have a 6 year old girl from an FET cycle.

I’m currently 26w1d pregnant with twins; 1 boy and 1 girl via IVF/ICSI (automatically done at my clinic). :slight_smile:

Boy for us with IVF with ICSI

That picture is amazing!!!

We are having a boy and a girl with ICSI.

Hmm. I don’t know. I had a girl (with ICSI).

I have a twin girls (5 yrs old from IVF/ICSI )
I am 14+ weeks pregnant with twins (don’t know the sex yet )

[QUOTE=mlhttc]For those with successful IVF pregnancies, I have a question.

I know of about 8 ppl who have gone through IVF and of those 8 7 had beautiful bouncing baby girls! Coincidence or something scientific going on?[/QUOTE]
I have conceived three babies via ivf (one set of twins and one miscarriage), and all three were girls.

Good luck!