Found Blocked Tube, fixed, now something else.

Well, I should probably start off by saying that my husband and I have been trying to have a baby for 3 years, and nothing.

My fertility doctor found that I had two issues to begin with, one was the fact that my right fallopian tube was completely blocked, and with blood tests also found out that I was not ovulating.

So for ovulating, he gave me fermera, did a few more tests and saw that it was working I was now ovulating. Then he performed laparoscopic surgery to correct the blocked fallopian tube. After that was all corrected he told my husband and I to try again, that we would have a 90% chance of getting pregnant now.

So we tried and tried and nothing, so i went back into my doctors office, and as he reviewed my files, he told me that they also found that the opening to the right fallopian tube from the uterus is inflammed.

He told me just to keep trying and in another four months call for another HSG if I am not pregnant by then. I am not pregnant and now my periods are not co-operating and have to decided to when they want, so I am frustrated that I cannot just go ahead and book that appointment.

Anyways, I have to add that I have had bladder infections every few weeks since I was an infant, and I am now 30 years old, and I am wondering if the bladder infections could be the cause of the swelling.

I was just curious to know if anyone has any feedback on this situation?

I am afraid that I may have to resort to IVF, and here in Canada, it is not covered unless both tubes are fully blocked. I just can’t afford that, I am loosing steam and feel like I will never have my baby.

Thank you for listening.

I’m so sorry for your pain through all of this. I can empathize with you. It’s so confusing to try and manage one fertility problem but them throw in other complications it makes it seem hopeless. Just take on one thing at a time and pretty soon youll be closer to your goal. Get mad and take control of your healthcare. Get educated and start exploring your options!

It dosnt sound like your Dr is as involved as you would want him to be. Can you get a referral to a reproductive endocrinologist? Thats where to go for hormone problems.

I had some hormone issues that lead to 1 almost 2 MC for me after my tubal reversal. My progesterone levels kept dropping causing a spontaneous abortion. If I would have listened to my OB I wouldnt have even tried, she told me I was 100% infertile due to blocked tubes.

Dont give up! Stay balanced but also empower yourself!:cheer: