Fresh vs frozen donor

Ladies

So I am doing my homework in prep if possible donor this summer. Someone mentioned an option to use frozen eggs. I can’t seem to find anything about costs.

Has anyone done frozen donor eggs vs fresh?
What was your costs?
Were you successful ?

Thanks

Alicia

I haven’t done it, but have looked into it also, it seems to be a newer procedure that is offered. One hospital around me offers it, and it is significantly less than a fresh cycle. The cost is about $10,700; you get 6-7 eggs for this cost.

We have decided to go the fresh route, I think, though, b/c we want to ensure we have enough eggs to have a biological sibling in the future, and with a fresh cycle, you will likely get much more. They said out of the 6-7, not all will survive the thawing process, etc., so you may up with 1-2 to re-freeze, but god knows. I am so over all this, the gambling, etc., I want a sure-thing at this point, the cost is just so overwhelming!

Good luck!

I’m in the middle of my first frozen cycle with GIVF. Their financials are all on their web site (Genetics & IVF Institute - Infertility Treatment, Donor Egg IVF, Genetic Services in VA, DC, MD). We chose frozen over fresh to save money and because we liked the “frozen” donors better than the “split” donors. We couldn’t afford a fresh, sole donor.

[quote=sunrisec]Ladies

So I am doing my homework in prep if possible donor this summer. Someone mentioned an option to use frozen eggs. I can’t seem to find anything about costs.

Has anyone done frozen donor eggs vs fresh?
What was your costs?
Were you successful ?

Thanks

Alicia[/quote]

Frozen from My Egg Bank

We are just at the tail-end of our first - and hopefully last - DE cycle. We purchased frozen eggs from My Egg Bank for transfer by our RE. The price for a lot of 6 eggs is 10K (this does not include the price of my procedures). There is no guarantee program as we chose to work with our RE and not with My Egg Bank’s owner-clinic, RBA in Atlanta (we could not have traveled easily at all).

As we were first patients at our clinic after they signed the partnership with My Egg Bank, we got 2 extra eggs, so had a total of 8. All thawed and fertilized with ICSI. 6 made it to 5 days, we transferred 2 and ended up with 3 frozen on Day 6.

We chose frozen because I wanted to have full control over timing. I read many good things and good statistics about My Egg Bank. I hope we will not be disappointed.:slight_smile:

I liked the donors at MyEggBank, but we couldn’t afford the extra $10,000… so we went with the in-house program at GIVF. It will all work out, anyway, because they’re fairly local to us and we really liked their donors and all of the information available about them.

I just wish this first cycle had been better!

[quote=Appletree]We are just at the tail-end of our first - and hopefully last - DE cycle. We purchased frozen eggs from My Egg Bank for transfer by our RE. The price for a lot of 6 eggs is 10K (this does not include the price of my procedures). There is no guarantee program as we chose to work with our RE and not with My Egg Bank’s owner-clinic, RBA in Atlanta (we could not have traveled easily at all).

As we were first patients at our clinic after they signed the partnership with My Egg Bank, we got 2 extra eggs, so had a total of 8. All thawed and fertilized with ICSI. 6 made it to 5 days, we transferred 2 and ended up with 3 frozen on Day 6.

We chose frozen because I wanted to have full control over timing. I read many good things and good statistics about My Egg Bank. I hope we will not be disappointed.:-)[/quote]