Fun ways to tell friends on FB about pregnancy?

My wife and I are trying to figure out a clever/fun way to tell our friends on Facebook in a few weeks that we are expecting either triplets or quadruplets (we should know the number by then).

We are both runners and thought we could take a picture with us in our running gear on in the background, with 3-4 sets of baby “running shoes” in the foreground. It’s kind of silly and shocking/exciting if everyone gets it I think.

I’m open to ideas though? What has everyone else done? This can go for singletons or multiples.

[quote=RangersFan4Life]My wife and I are trying to figure out a clever/fun way to tell our friends on Facebook in a few weeks that we are expecting either triplets or quadruplets (we should know the number by then).

We are both runners and thought we could take a picture with us in our running gear on in the background, with 3-4 sets of baby “running shoes” in the foreground. It’s kind of silly and shocking/exciting if everyone gets it I think.

I’m open to ideas though? What has everyone else done? This can go for singletons or multiples.[/quote]

congrats on your good news!

we did something similar on facebook. i had a belly shot with 2 pairs of shoes on it. it took a few days for people to realize what they were looking at.

given that triplets/quads are very high risk, you might want to hold off until a little later. it might be hard to see all the facebook comments if things do not go perfectly with the pregnancy. we didn’t do our facebook thing till 24 weeks.

[QUOTE=My11:11wish]My friend changed her profile pic- I guess you can put 3 of everything- she displayed pickles, ice cream, stretch mark cream and flowers. She is having a girl so it was strawberry ice cream and pink flowers.

Since you are runners you can buy 3 little onsies and make those running #'s for the back.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I like the onsie idea. :slight_smile:

Maybe I can photoshop ones for 3 future Tough Mudders. If only I could convince the wife on that one…

[QUOTE=lizia]congrats on your good news!

we did something similar on facebook. i had a belly shot with 2 pairs of shoes on it. it took a few days for people to realize what they were looking at.

given that triplets/quads are very high risk, you might want to hold off until a little later. it might be hard to see all the facebook comments if things do not go perfectly with the pregnancy. we didn’t do our facebook thing till 24 weeks.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Lizia. I can’t believe it took people a few days to get your pic. We keep thinking about how long to wait to tell people, especially being that it is a high risk pregnancy. The thing is that most people on FB see us around town anyways, and my wife will be showing a lot sooner than someone with a singleton on the way. So we are probably going to need to do it sooner than later – otherwise I think somebody may spoil the news before we can have some fun with it.

I appreciate the advice though!

Lol went to the wrong forum on my phone! :slight_smile: