Functional ovarian cyst?

Did anyone have a functional ovarian cyst after taking Clomid?

My first clomid cycle after my clomid MC was last month, and the sonogram showed one giant follicle at 30mm! I did get a peak on my clearblue monitor and assumed I ovulated. But could an OPK show positive or CBFM show peak even though it is a functional ovarian cyst and I never ovulated? Is it possible that the LH surge was detected but there was no real ovulation? Has anyone been through the same thing? :confused:

It is possible to get a surge and not ovulate. Turning the unovulated egg into a cyst that would produce hormones. I would have your progesterone tested on day 21 to be sure. It will tell you if you forsure ovulated!

Thank you for your answer. I did get my d21 prgest tested and it came back at 16 which the nurse said was good. Do I then assume I ovulated?

YES!! Anything over 10 means you did ovulate no matter if on a regular cycle or medicated one…So the answer is YES U DID…

cyst

I have a functional cyst right now and I’m praying that it leaves during this period. I got my cyst after taking Clomid for the first time.

Thank you! Am in the 2ww of the next clomid cycle now. I don’t visit here too often- sorry for the late response.

Did you get the D21 progesterone done as well? What did it come back as? Does an u/s show an intact cyst there? Anyways this might be a moot point since this discussion is from way back. I hope it has resolved and your TTC attempts end with a BFP real soon! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=skark]Did anyone have a functional ovarian cyst after taking Clomid?

My first clomid cycle after my clomid MC was last month, and the sonogram showed one giant follicle at 30mm! I did get a peak on my clearblue monitor and assumed I ovulated. But could an OPK show positive or CBFM show peak even though it is a functional ovarian cyst and I never ovulated? Is it possible that
the LH surge was detected but there was no real ovulation? Has anyone been through the same thing? :confused:[/QUOTE]
I got a functional cut after my first round of clomid. Generally you still ovulate but the eggs are only good from the side with no cyst. At least that’s what my re told me. Best wishes!