Ghost-or anyone

https://fbcdn-photos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/16536_860618412278_1647157798_n.jpg

Honestly, how do these thawed embryos look. I can find anything that look similar.

When I had an FET I did the same thing, looked everywhere for blasts that looked like mine. I found a woman’s blog and her blasts, that resulted in triplets, looked like mine. I was elated. Well, my FET didn’t work out.

What we should remember is that your picture is from just a very brief moment in time and those cells are constantly changing. We all know that lots of perfect looking embryos never result in babies and how many times have you read “My weird looking blast is now a two year old running around the living room.”

Try not to worry to much about those pictures. (Easier said than done, right?)

Good luck!

I m have just seen the lady with similar embryos who had triplets! I’m worried that the hatched blast doesn’t look like a blast anymore.

[quote=maryevelyn]https://fbcdn-photos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/16536_860618412278_1647157798_n.jpg

Honestly, how do these thawed embryos look. I can find anything that look similar.[/quote]

It’s difficult to grade thawed blastocysts before they re-expand.

Thanks Ghost! Do you have any idea how long it usually takes for them to re-expand?

Usually within an hour or so.

If they were good blasts before freezing, and most clinics freeze only good blasts, then you should have a good chance of success. Best of luck.

Thanks again Ghost!

Just updating for future ‘googlers’. I got a faint BFP this morning at 5dp5dt. Does not mean I will have a baby, but definitely means at least one of my embryos expanded! :slight_smile:

:clap:
Congrats! Fingers crossed for you it’s a sticky one!:pray:

[QUOTE=maryevelyn]Thanks again Ghost!

Just updating for future ‘googlers’. I got a faint BFP this morning at 5dp5dt. Does not mean I will have a baby, but definitely means at least one of my embryos expanded! :)[/QUOTE]

Gasp Gosh, Maryanne, it just might be true! It’s a good sign, at least!

Thanks Jenn and Demian! Sticks are a little darker this morning - now I just have to get past this habit of having chemical pregnancies :cross:

Just positive thinking! I know how you feel, but it will be alright:)

What is the diagnosis of your infertility issue?

unexplained…I did have a hydro and an ectopic so probably some tubal issues. Have had lap’s for ectopic removal & salpingectomy and no endo found. Always respond decently and make several blasts. But, alas…4 chemicals in a row. shrugs

I am compound heterozygous for mthfr, which most studies say shouldnt be a factor, but I did put myself on lovenox and prednisone this cycle.

I just had to update here, because this is looking very positive!

Wooohoooo! That’s so exciting! Still a long road as you know, but getting past chem is the 2nd hurdle! :cheer: :cheer: :pray:

Thanks! Definitely still aware of the chemical possibility, but with all of my chemicals the lines didn’t get noticeably darker before they started fading. My highest beta with a chemical was around 30. I seemed to be having an implantation issue. I am hoping the prednisone is helping that since these tests look pretty good with obvious darkening over a 24 hour period.

Nothing to do now, but cross fingers, google and obsess!

**also wanted to point out for future obsessors that the initial concern about my post thaw collapsed blasts was unfounded since at least one of them expanded enough to give a positive hpt.

Beta 119! I am very hopeful!

Yeah! That is a great first beta. Definitely higher than most chemicals! :cheer: :cheer:

Thanks Jenn! It’s my highest first beta in 5 pregnancies!

Congrats and keep up the great betas!! My first was around 100 ish…(check my signature) and he is sleeping in his room at almost 17 months! I’m hopeful for you also! Please keep us updated. I’ve been following you to see how you make out!! :-).