Give me HOPE to continue

Hello friends

I am Tany and I am 28 years old. Our problem for infertility is from me that I have so much adhesion from old surgery 20 years ago. DH is good (THANKS GOD). So, we have tried for 2 years to conceive and we have gone through 3 unsuccessful cycles (one fresh and two freeze, you can see in my signature).
We have still 3 embryos waiting for us which two are 6-day blast and one 2-day embryo.
Right now, I need some hope to continue for other attempts. Is it normal to have several failed cycle before get pregnant?
I hope to hear from those of you who struggled and succeed at the end.
Love
Tany

Yes…unfortunately it is fairly “normal” to go through multiple cycles. Some are lucky and have success on the first or second try, but [B]many[/B] do not.

My story is kind of scary but encouraging at the same time. We went through 6 total cycles (4 fresh IVF and 2 FET cycles), before having our first little miracle boy. Then we attempted for number two and had success on the first attempt. This just goes to show that you never know what is going to happen…even with multiple failed attempts.

I know it is hard to stay positive, but try not to give up hope!! I always knew that if I kept trying, one day I would have a baby. (although my faith was getting less and less as the cycles went by) Good luck to you, hope your time is soon!!! (If you would like to read my whole story, it is pretty long, you can check out my blog. Link is in my signature.)

Thanks for your word. Congragulation for your success. I try to stay positive and hope my angel will come soon.

Have you considered transferring more than one? My RE recommends two for everyone unless the patient insists on one. I’m 25 and we transferred two. I wanted to give myself the best chance. So far still waiting to get the official result but it looks like at least one of them stuck.

U might ask ur dr about adding in progesterone in oil. my re always gives it with ivf. he doesn’t like crinone. also he gives baby asprin and after my failed cycle with previous re, and testing positive for mthfr he gave me lovenox. i would make them give it to uu anyways since uve had multiple failed cycles. Best of luck. God bless.

Oh Tany, there is a hope! Just look at my signaturre, 20 years long journey with, hopefully, happy end. Chin up!

We went through 4 failed cycles before we received our little miracle. We were all done when we were advised of our 1 remaining frostie tot (we didn’t realize we still had one frozen…yay for us). I went throught the normal process to ready myself and body for this last cycle and I was seeing a new DR within the same office and he decided to do RPL blood work (15 vials of blood) and I was DX with MTHFR and was given Fogard during the pregnancy. I would ask your Dr about doing RPL testing… it’s usually done when you have had more then 2 miscarriages but a really good friend of mine had the testing done just to make sure she did everthing she could for that cycle. I wish you the best of luck and praying for your little miracle :o)

there is hope! We tried for 8 years, IVFs, IUIs, and on and on. We finally got preggers with triplets and lost them due to premature/incompetent cervix. hard, but we did not give up and the following year had our 3 year old son and now also have a one year old. So you may be hit with one thing after another and yes it will hurt and be so tough you want to give up, but if you keep going, there will be a rainbow at the end! I just know it.

Hey Tanya,

Apart from the 3 failed cycles in my signature, I had 3 canceled cycles due to the fact that I was not responding as I should. I also had 3 IUIs which all failed. But I’m not giving up…:slight_smile:

Stay positive especially since you are still young. I’ve read some posts like Sweetmomi’s that remind me that persistence pays…:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Charybdis]Have you considered transferring more than one? My RE recommends two for everyone unless the patient insists on one. I’m 25 and we transferred two. I wanted to give myself the best chance. So far still waiting to get the official result but it looks like at least one of them stuck.[/QUOTE]

I live in Sweden and we have chance here to do IVF for free until we finish 6 points ( each fresh cycle uses 2 points and each freeze uses 1 point). Till now I have used 4 points ( 2 for fresh and 2 for two FET) and there are two points left. So, this clinic prefer to transfer just one embryo each time and since it is free I don’t want to disagree with them. BUT, we have 3 embryo left in the freeze ( tow 6-day blast and one 2- day embryo) and we can just do two more freeze; so, I don’t know what they will do to our last embryo remain after these two freeze. Hope you understand :wink: it is too confusing. However, I really want them to transfer two embryo and I will try to convince them.

[QUOTE=journeyoffaith]U might ask ur dr about adding in progesterone in oil. my re always gives it with ivf. he doesn’t like crinone. also he gives baby asprin and after my failed cycle with previous re, and testing positive for mthfr he gave me lovenox. i would make them give it to uu anyways since uve had multiple failed cycles. Best of luck. God bless.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your suggestions. The problem with my clinic is that they do a treatment as simple as possible. As you can read in above post, they do this for free and so they don’t do any further investigation. I am thinking about NK cells because for every these three transfer especially the last one when we had the embryo back, after one hour after transfer I got back pain and pain in vaginal which came down to my left groin and leg. It is really strange pain because it started exactly after transfer and finished when I got my period !!! So, I am thinking that maybe my body try to reject the embryo with over activity of NK cells.
What do you think?

[QUOTE=Dear_D]Oh Tany, there is a hope! Just look at my signaturre, 20 years long journey with, hopefully, happy end. Chin up![/QUOTE]

Congragulation to your success and god bless your miracle.

[QUOTE=t&tmcgil]We went through 4 failed cycles before we received our little miracle. We were all done when we were advised of our 1 remaining frostie tot (we didn’t realize we still had one frozen…yay for us). I went throught the normal process to ready myself and body for this last cycle and I was seeing a new DR within the same office and he decided to do RPL blood work (15 vials of blood) and I was DX with MTHFR and was given Fogard during the pregnancy. I would ask your Dr about doing RPL testing… it’s usually done when you have had more then 2 miscarriages but a really good friend of mine had the testing done just to make sure she did everthing she could for that cycle. I wish you the best of luck and praying for your little miracle :o)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your comment. I will try to ask them to do more blood work. Hope we can figure out the reason.

[QUOTE=sweetmomi]there is hope! We tried for 8 years, IVFs, IUIs, and on and on. We finally got preggers with triplets and lost them due to premature/incompetent cervix. hard, but we did not give up and the following year had our 3 year old son and now also have a one year old. So you may be hit with one thing after another and yes it will hurt and be so tough you want to give up, but if you keep going, there will be a rainbow at the end! I just know it.[/QUOTE]

WOW. Congratulation for your nice family you had and I am agree with you to stay positive and defeat the infertility.

[QUOTE=Godsmiracle]Hey Tanya,

Apart from the 3 failed cycles in my signature, I had 3 canceled cycles due to the fact that I was not responding as I should. I also had 3 IUIs which all failed. But I’m not giving up…:slight_smile:

Stay positive especially since you are still young. I’ve read some posts like Sweetmomi’s that remind me that persistence pays…:)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your encouraging words. I am a strong person like you but infertility problem is really hard to deal with. But i try to stay positive by believing on GOD’s power to creat everything in this world.
Does you Doctor do any investigation or blood sampleing that why the embryos can not stay?

Hi Tany,

I have not had any blood work done but my embies are of really low quality and quantity. The maximum I have ever had was 4 follicles and only one fertilized.

By the way, about your bleeding, is it heavy bleeding? Sometimes bleeding is common during implantation. Maybe you should get your beta checked after 4 days. My clinic insists on a beta test even if one gets a period just to be sure that it is not implantation bleeding. Don’t lose hope yet…

Hi hi
Yes. It was a heavy bleeding even heavier than period. I will go for beta test on 23 of April. They asked me to go to check. But I am sure because it was really heavy bleeding. About my embryos quality, they are all grade perfect blast and because of that I am thinking why they are not stuck in. When is your next treatment?

My beta is on 28th. To be honest, I don’t have any symptoms but its not over until the fat lady sings…:slight_smile:

My beta is on 28th. To be honest, I don’t have any symptoms but its not over until the fat lady sings…:slight_smile: