Going Crazy - Please Help

Last year my husband and I went through 4 cycles of natural cycle IVF (since he had a vasectomy long before I met him). We had one chemical pregnancy (on the second cycle) and were lucky to get pregnant on the fourth cycle. Unfortunately, at 25 weeks our beautiful baby girl was delivered stillborn. This was just 2 months ago. My normal menstrual cycles started again about 4 weeks post partum, and we are planning to start IVF again this fall.

Here’s my question. I ovulated last Monday (Aug. 12) and my husband and I had sex the evening before. Then about 7dpo I started feeling some pregnancy symptoms. I have nausea on and off, sore boobs, hot flashes/low grade fever, CM and some twinges in my lower abdomen. I know it is completely crazy to think I could be pregnant given that my husband had a vasectomy 9 years ago. I do wonder if the increased PMS-like symptoms are due to progesterone still in my system from our previous pregnancy. I don’t believe nausea is usually a PMS symptom. Any ideas???

Hey there. How are you doing? I hope its all great. I am really sorry to hear about your experience. I know it must be really hard. I have been through it too. Don’t lose your hope be strong. Things will get better. I assure you. Anything is possible. Talking about IVF it’s really a blessing. It has helped many people. i wish you good luck too. Take care. Love and support to you.

Well, get yourself consulted regard this with your obstetrician. So, yeah! Every case is of different nature. I hope it’s normal. Well, I’m also undergoing an IVF in July 2018 in Ukraine. So, I’d love to get along regarding it as TTC buddies. So, what do you say?

I also have fertility issue. I even don’t know what is the reason for my infertility. I went to a number of clinics regarding fertility. They don’t even know the reason behind this.
I am tired now of going to different clinics. I have been TTC from last 10 years. Now i have decided to go for surrogacy as a ultimate resort. I live in Bulgaria surrogacy is ban here. So i will have to move to another state to have a baby via surrogacy. I have heard there are many good clinics for surrogacy in Ukraine. I will surely now move to Ukraine for surrogacy. My husband is also with me. As we have been waiting too long for baby. He is super excited about our start. I hope everything goes well. I am also that finally we will have a baby. Someone has some experience about surrogacy??

You are right nausea isn’t a PMS symptom. It could be because of the progesterone in your body as well. The medication taken during IVF do have along term effect. However, it could also be because you might have actually got pregnant. Wait until you can do a test and find out. If things are still confusing, visit your OB and ask him/her. They are much more professional. Sending baby dust your way.

Hey there! How are you doing? I hope you are doing fine. I feel so sorry for your loss. IVF and surrogacy are the great alternatives. Well talking about pregnancy symptoms, I hope You got pregnant actually. But It could be because of progesterone which is due to medication during IVF. I suggest go for the test then you find out the way. I hope best for you. Good luck

I know I’m not in your shoes but I completely understand how you feel and I’m very sorry you have to go through this. Being the one who is pregnant, I want you to know that I’m very aware and try to be sensitive of the people around me. I know at least 2 couples who are struggling to have kids and I can’t tell you how much I hope and pray that if we hang out in groups, I hope other people won’t bring up my pregnancy as a topic of discussion I know it’ll trigger something within them. IVF is not an easy journey. You have to find the good in the bad and celebrate any good news. While I was going through it all I hated to hear this kind of stuff, until I decided not to put so much energy on what was out of my control. I was told I wouldn’t have many eggs… then when they went in found many because they dont know until they go in. I wish I was less stressed out during my retrieval now that I look back. But you stay optimistic!