Going through beta after your BFP

For those of you ladies that are or were going through beta after your BFP. When did your doctor finally scheduled an ultrasound? And how many weeks were you before graduating to OB?

Thanks for sharing =)

I was 5w2d when I had my first US with my RE, and I was released to the OB at 7w2d after my 3rd and final US with the RE. Hope that info helps!

thanks =)
how many betas did you have also? if you dont mind me asking

I know my RE does 3 betas, and you have your first U/S at 6w and then one at 9 or 10w. And once they hear the heartbeat at 10w, you are released to OB

i have two beta’s and one u/s on 6weeks 1day

So far Ive had 2 beta’s and my first ultrasound is this Wed, and im pretty sure the 3rd beta.

I had 2 betas. I had u/s at about 5w, 6w and 7w, then I was released to OB. Of course at OB you generally don’t get another u/s for a while, so if your RE isn’t kicking you out, don’t push it!!

I had 3 beta’s and will be having my first ultrasound this Wednesday (Dec 1) at 3.5 weeks dpiui (but 5.5 weeks pregnant since they count from the first day of your last period).

My doc does U/S at his office =)=) But I was just curious either way.

I was told that they count from IUI and not LMP. I think I need another opinion

I dont think it matter, hun. Its the same thing either way. The due date is more accurate when you know the day of the conseption. For women who do not know it the doctors just go by the day of your last period. Either way the due date would 2-3 days apart at most. So you’ll be delivering around the same time either way you’ll be delivering around the same time.

My OB also has an u/s machine at his office, but as most pregnant women will tell you, once you are released to the OB you likely won’t get nearly as many u/s as you would like.

as for the due date, it is counted from date of LMP by most OBs and by IUI date by most REs. So, if you were lucky enough to have your IUI on CD 14, they will come up with the same date. Otherwise they will be off. For example, I have 1 dr telling me it is April 26 and another saying it is April 27.

If I were to go by LMP which was 10/18, my DD is July 25th and for the IUI which was done on 11/5, the DD is July 29th. I have the first ultrasound this Wed so I will get a final answer lol

When choose either choice (LMP or date of conception) on this here handy calculator…I get the same due date
Pregnancy Due Date Calculator | Tools | BabyCenter

Thats what I used. My pregnancy ticker says 3 weeks bc I used date of IUI but if its LMP, then I am 6 weeks. I cant wait to hear what my DR says Wed

I am going Weds as well! Kimmy - question for you. How are you doing with worrying? I have been worried out of my mind…and I don’t really have a reason to. I just worry all the time that something is going to go wrong. Today I woke up with my breasts being less swollen than they have been…and in my mind I thought, “Oh no! I hope everything is ok!” I am constantly worrying…

[quote=FormerJerseyGirl]My OB also has an u/s machine at his office, but as most pregnant women will tell you, once you are released to the OB you likely won’t get nearly as many u/s as you would like.

as for the due date, it is counted from date of LMP by most OBs and by IUI date by most REs. So, if you were lucky enough to have your IUI on CD 14, they will come up with the same date. Otherwise they will be off. For example, I have 1 dr telling me it is April 26 and another saying it is April 27.[/quote]

I know that you dont get as much u/s as you would like at the OB. I thought you meant that I will not have an u/s for awhile when I get released to the OB. I have a son so I went through pregnancy before. But never through fertility treatments, because my son was natural. So now that I am here I was just wondering.

By the way I just got a word that my first u/s will be next Monday :clap:

Also I know about the due date. A day or two apart is nothing, I feel as if the baby is going to come when he or she is ready regardless by if you go by LMP or IUI date or conception day in another words. My first son was a whopping 8 pounds 8 ounces at birth and that when he decided to show up two weeks early :slight_smile:

By the way how many follicles did you have when you got pregnant with your twins?

you should probably add 2 weeks to the IUI date. Basically the way they calculate it for a “normal” (28 day cycle) is that you ovulate on day 14. At that point you are actually considered to be 2 weeks pregnant.

I am very worried lol But I know its normal so I try not to get too crazy. The whole DD issue will be sorted out tomorrow, im dying to know exactly how far along I am.:woohoo:

I copied and pasted this from a site. Found it interesting.

To determine the due date of delivery simply fill in your details in the form below and select calculate!
[LIST]
[]If you conceived naturally and you usually have regular menstrual cycles, use the first date of your last menstrual period (LMP).
[
]If you conceived following insemination, IVF or after replacing frozen embryos in natural cycles, use either your LMP or the date of ovulation.
[]If you conceived following IVF or ICSI in a stimulated cycle, use the date of egg collection.
[
][B]If you conceived following intrauterine insemination in a stimulated cycle use the date of insemination. [/B]
[]If you conceived after replacing frozen cleaved embryos whether in a HRT cycle or stimulated cycle, use the date of replacing cleaved embryos.
[
]If you conceived after replacing frozen blastocysts, use the date of replacing blastocysts.
[*]If you conceived after replacing fresh blastocysts, use the date of ovulation.[/LIST]