Gonal f price

I have a question. I was donated 2pens. However, I do have to buy the gonal f vials. Originally, i was told i was going to have to buy 2 gonal f rff 900 iu w/pen for $888/each. I don’t need the pens.

So do they sell just the vials? And for how much? I just want to estimate how much I’ll be spending for these vials.

So I guess no one knows??

sorry gigi - don’t know - i’ve always had to get the pens…there are some online drug stores that might sell the vials but not sure how comfortable you are with that.

Gigi,

To my understanding ([I]and experience[/I]) the RFF Pens only come pre-filled. You can’t “reload” the pens per say. when they’re empty, they’re empty.

If you’re wanting to purchase the vials separately, then you will need to use syringes ([I]28 gauge works[/I]) instead.

If all else fails and you get no definitive answer, try calling Freedom Fertility. They are super helpful and can help make sure you get what you need…exactly. :flower:

Good luck!
Bree

I just purchased a gonal f vial (450) for $844. I was completely shocked at the price. They said that the generic (follistim) was about 500 each.

[QUOTE=Gigi3]I have a question. I was donated 2pens. However, I do have to buy the gonal f vials. Originally, i was told i was going to have to buy 2 gonal f rff 900 iu w/pen for $888/each. I don’t need the pens.

So do they sell just the vials? And for how much? I just want to estimate how much I’ll be spending for these vials.[/QUOTE]

I know I answered this earlier, but maybe I misinterpreted what you were asking…

Are you inquiring as to refills for the pens or buying vials/pens in addition to what you were donated? Is there medicine in the pens?

If it’s for a refill, my answer from earlier still stands. If it’s in addition to, it’s not going to matter whether you purchase the pen or the vial, they will be the same price in the end, since its per unit.

However, EMD Serono (the Gonal-f manufacturer) was offering a rebate on the pens/vials, so that might be of help for you. If you go through Freedom Fertility, they’re super helpful with your order.

Hope that helps. :flower:

Bree

Thanks for your replies. Yeah, I had to buy the pen & meds together. It was $888 through freedom fertility. I did get a rebate coupon I have to mail in for $130. So that helps.