Good place for unusual girl names

So I know I still have time to figure out a name but I pretty much already have a boys name. Zackary (or more just Zack) I associate the name with a very strong, loyal man that is a good role model.

Girl I am having a little more trouble. So far I have Kyree, Tyrinna, Alexius and well…that’s it. I look at the standard American baby name and just cringe… I hate them. So I would like to see some more unusual names. (DH shot down Nevaeha.)

My daughter’s name is Mara. Simple but not common (at least not here in the US). If we had two girls the other name we would have used is Kahlan, again, unusual but not too crazy :slight_smile:

If we are blessed with a little girl with this round of IVF we plan on naming our daughter after him. Just spelled female. I have a boy’s (unisex) name and want to continue to tradition.

well we just found out there are two little ones on the way. At least for right now… so I need to come up with two of each sex at least until we figure out what exactly we’re having.

I suggest looking to your genealogy and seeing if there are any names you like several generations back. After that, identify which countries you and your DH are each from and search names databases from those countries. You might go thought lots of names, but it’s worth it when you find ‘the one.’

I knew we liked the name Mira but though it sounded plain w our particular last name. Then we found a beautiful Danish variation that we both love. It works particularly well since we are both at least a quarter Danish. Anyway, It was a nice find. Good luck!

Congrats on Twins. I’m sure you will find two awesome names. Good Luck!

[QUOTE=Sweetpea]I suggest looking to your genealogy and seeing if there are any names you like several generations back. After that, identify which countries you and your DH are each from and search names databases from those countries. You might go thought lots of names, but it’s worth it when you find ‘the one.’

[/QUOTE]

If I were to go through my family it would be the same boring names i’m coming across now. I’m only second generation American, My grandmother was a Dunlop. my fathers side are a bunch of no named Scottish horse thieves.

Husband though… I’m not sure, his mothers maiden name suggest central Europe.