Goofup -- please respond!

I posted earlier in the day that I am on day 12 of my birth control pill before 2nd IVF cycle and that I got my period.
I started the BCP routine using the leftover pack from my previous cycle. I took 6 leftover red pills and have been taking the white pills for last 4 days. just got to know that white pills are inactive pills - is that why I got my period?
Do I start taking the red pill today and continue? Or should I wait until the period gets over and then start the red pill again? What are the implications? I am totally freaking out now. please help! It’s a weekend and have not been able to speak to my RE.

More than likely that is why you got your period for taking the inactive pills. Personally, i would start the active pills on the next pill. That way your ovaries will continue to stay quiet.

Start the active pills. When you talk to your re see what he says. Shouldn’t be that big of a deal. Good luck.

I did that with my first IVF. I took them so early in the morning, it was still dark and I couldn’t see them. (After that mistake, the first thing I do with bcps is pop out those white pills & throw them away!)
I was on a long lupron, and since AF had started, he had me continue as planned with no changes.
I would think that the protocol you’re on is what will make the difference. If it’s long lupron, I think you’re fine. If it’s an antagonist or MDL protocol, where you start stims on CD 2, then you might have a delay. Worst case scenario- you’re delayed 10 days and have to start over with bcp. Either way, do as the pps suggested and start with the active ones again.
What protocol are you on and how many more days of bcp do you have? Are you to start lupron, and if so, when?

Thank you so much for your responses, ladies!!
I was most scared of flip-flops with the hormones.

7/21 - Last AF after chem preg
7/24 - Started BCP. I was asked to take 19 BCPs. I took 6 until 7/29.
7/30 - Started inactive BCP by mistake
8/3 - AF again. Took active pill again on 8/3 night.
I don’t know what to expect now. Will the period stop soon? I am left with 13 active pills as per the earlier plan. If RE says fine to go ahead, then I’ll be done with BCPs by 8/15, and stims will start on 8/21.

I don’t have Lupron in the plan. The original plan was:
7/24 to 8/11 - BCPs
8/17 - Follistim 225. Twice a day
8/23 - Additionally, Menopur 150 and possibly Ganirelix
Continue until trigger shot
Tentative ER - 8/28

Now, this all will get delayed. Not a big deal about that. Waited for years and years for it to happen. Few days here and there don’t matter that much. :slight_smile:

Will see what RE says now. I feel very embarrassed. Seems like everyone knows by default that the white pills are inactive pills, but I didn’t know! :frowning:

My RE is usually prompt in answering questions but this time he hasn’t responded. He is probably fed up with my frequent questions during the whole IVF ordeal and doesn’t want to answer anything on a weekend.

[quote=daisyduck]Thank you so much for your responses, ladies!!
I was most scared of flip-flops with the hormones.

7/21 - Last AF after chem preg
7/24 - Started BCP. I was asked to take 19 BCPs. I took 6 until 7/29.
7/30 - Started inactive BCP by mistake
8/3 - AF again. Took active pill again on 8/3 night.
I don’t know what to expect now. Will the period stop soon? I am left with 13 active pills as per the earlier plan. If RE says fine to go ahead, then I’ll be done with BCPs by 8/15, and stims will start on 8/21.

I don’t have Lupron in the plan. The original plan was:
7/24 to 8/11 - BCPs
8/17 - Follistim 225. Twice a day
8/23 - Additionally, Menopur 150 and possibly Ganirelix
Continue until trigger shot
Tentative ER - 8/28

Now, this all will get delayed. Not a big deal about that. Waited for years and years for it to happen. Few days here and there don’t matter that much. :slight_smile:

Will see what RE says now. I feel very embarrassed. Seems like everyone knows by default that the white pills are inactive pills, but I didn’t know! :frowning:

My RE is usually prompt in answering questions but this time he hasn’t responded. He is probably fed up with my frequent questions during the whole IVF ordeal and doesn’t want to answer anything on a weekend.[/quote]

I would call your RE first thing in the morning. With an antagonist protocol you may have to start your BCPs over. Just keep taking the actives until you find out tomorrow what they say!

At this point I would really talk to your RE. If you started AF I would think you would need to start a new pack of BCP but it depends on your protocol.

GL and always take the pills in order or just toss out the placebo pills.

Yeah, I started taking the red pill yesterday as soon as I realized I was taking the wrong ones. I was confused if I should start the red pill from yesterday or if I should let it go for next 3 days and then start the red pills. In any case, now that I took one red yesterday I’ll do that today too. I’ll talk to my doctor first thing in the morning tomorrow to see what he wants. Will keep you posted.
Thank you very very much for your responses:thankyou:

You only need to take bcp for 10 days to establish adequate suppression. You might be delayed 3 days. They will probably still do your suppression check on time and go from there. As long as all your follies are small and quite, that’s all that matters, and you can stick with the original plan. If you are on low dose, single dose, you can keep going with the pack you have. Good thing you decided not to wait 3 more days to start them again, that could have really delayed you because that’s enough time for your ovaries to kick back in gear. Your RE probably has this happen a lot, so they’ll know exactly what to do.

Just spoke with my doctor…he says i should continue with birth control pills for 19 days beginning from 3rd august.
Earlier schedule had 8/28 for retrieval, now it is 9/6.
10 days delay.
Thanks all for your support and responses!! you all are too good!