HcG 1600 at 16dpiui?!

I went to get my quant checked t 16dpiui, because I only took one positive HPT and wanted it confirmed by a doctor.

They just called me back and it is 1600!

I’m happy, but actually feeling nervous because I didn’t expect it to be that high! I doubt it is twins since I wasn’t on any medication of any kind this cycle.

Sorry, I’m just shocked. I can’t go in tomorrow (18dpiui) because of work, but I’m going in Friday to compare.

Please pray for me! I want this bean to stick so badly.

Holy goodness! Thats a GREAT beta. One thing to know is multiples can happen while not on meds. Sometimes our bodies still respond as if they were on meds. But for now you’ve gone one healthy little bean in there growing away. Congrats :cheer:

ETA: ok nevermind i see you haven’t done meds in a while. Maybe you could just be lucky and get multiples hehe!

Wow, great beta! Have you seen The BetaBase ? It collects beta numbers and can give you the range of reported betas for singleton, twins and triplets. At 16dpo, the average beta is 207 for a singleton but the highest reported was 9000 (and lowest reported was 4) so they can vary quite a bit. These numbers are only included in the website after the pregnancy is confirmed by seeing a heartbeat on u/s.

missing: thank you thank you! it seems like worrying never stops. I havent been able to function all day waiting for this stupid phone call. I’ll keep my fingers crossed it keeps going up!

aeason: thanks for the website! i’ll check it out

Of course now i’m googling things like molar pregnancy and having a heart attack. WHY CAN’T I EVER CALM DOWN?

Wow! That’s a high number! Mine at 16dpIUI was 197 and that was considered good. I have a friend whose was 700 at 11dp5dt (=16dpIUI) and she is still pregnant and just with one little one. I pray it’s just one really healthy baby!!

haha, ok. so i looked up the results of my blood test online, and it seems to say 626, not 1600! I must have misheard the nurse on the phone. This actually seems a bit more normal. Sheesh.

I’m not 100% sure though. This chart is confusing to read. I’ll call back tomorrow!

Booboo, GREAT BETA NUMBER!!! Congratulations, you are :preg: I am so happy for you!
Farah

[QUOTE=booboo9595]haha, ok. so i looked up the results of my blood test online, and it seems to say 626, not 1600! I must have misheard the nurse on the phone. This actually seems a bit more normal. Sheesh.

I’m not 100% sure though. This chart is confusing to read. I’ll call back tomorrow![/QUOTE]

626 is still perfect!!

booboo - Even after you called to confirm (your other thread), I still wonder if 626 is actually the number that’s comparable to the ranges we know and they have some other way of interpreting the numbers and are giving you a figure that seems high to us, but may make sense in their world. I would ask them about this and they may have a simple explanation. Good luck!!

Ugh. I wish that were the case, but I just totally misread the chart.

I know that it is still (even without fertility meds) statistically more likely I’m carrying multiples than a molar pregnancy, but I just can’t relax!

Maybe you just have a little bean that is an over achiever LOL. While 1600 is high, don’t stress. You’ll get a ultrasound here soon to see whats going on!

I know, I just wish I could calm down. I’m actually experiencing heart palpitations.

The nurse I spoke to on the phone didn’t say anything about it at all. So I asked her, and she said “Oh, everyone’s different. If it were in the tens of thousands then maybe we’d be more concerned.” Still can’t relax!

Nurse called me back this morning and said everything is doubling as it should. Didn’t even give me the number because they’ve probably caught on that I’m insane and having a breakdown! I feel a little better, but still generally nervous!

[QUOTE=booboo9595]Nurse called me back this morning and said everything is doubling as it should. Didn’t even give me the number because they’ve probably caught on that I’m insane and having a breakdown! I feel a little better, but still generally nervous![/QUOTE]

Congratulations of good beta progress. When is you U/S? Gl. :bsv: to you. I am so excited for you…:cheer:

Farah

[quote=far2011]Congratulations of good beta progress. When is you U/S? Gl. :bsv: to you. I am so excited for you…:cheer:

Farah[/quote]

Thakns Farah! My first u/s isn’t for a few weeks. They don’t do them until you are 8 or 9 weeks along at my doctor unless there’s a problem. I’d rather have one earlier, but also, rather not have a problem! I might ask for an earlier one, but for now, I’m just going to try to relax.

[QUOTE=booboo9595]Nurse called me back this morning and said everything is doubling as it should. Didn’t even give me the number because they’ve probably caught on that I’m insane and having a breakdown! I feel a little better, but still generally nervous![/QUOTE]

But but but… we’re wanting to know LOL!! YAY for everything doubling perfectly :cheer:

ah! I know! I think she’s on to me though! I think she wants me to stop googling!