HCG Injections after IUI

Hi there! I was just wondering if anyone else has had to do HCG injections after having an IUI. My doctor had me do them on days 3, 6, and 9 after my LH surge with the IUI on the day after my surge. I was told to do a HPT on the 5th, but I have been reading that the HCG can make you test positive for up to 2 weeks. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks for any input!

I am a little confused by your question. Did you have to the HCG shot before or after your IUI or both?
I took the trigger the night before my IUI and then again on 5dpiui because my progesterone level was low. It was out of my system in 7 days. I am not sure if that answers your question or not. Good luck to you.

[quote=Brinn1013]I am a little confused by your question. Did you have to the HCG shot before or after your IUI or both?
I took the trigger the night before my IUI and then again on 5dpiui because my progesterone level was low. It was out of my system in 7 days. I am not sure if that answers your question or not. Good luck to you.[/quote]

Thanks Brinn for you reply. It did answer my question. I did the HCG shots after my IUI because I have low progesterone levels. Thanks again!