HcG Level Question

Is an Hcg level of 338 low at four weeks? What is a healthy range? Does a low number indicate a likelihood of miscarriage?

nope, mine was 78 and i have twins!

At four weeks? 338 is definitely higher than average!

A low beta number could be a sign of a miscarriage, but low in more like below 50. There are a wide range of normal results. The important thing is that the numbers increase (ideally double every 48 hours), not what the numbers are.

check The BetaBase it is a great site for obsessing about beta numbers!

Laurucha, looks like we are on the same timeline. This was our second try at IVF and our first frozen transfer. Both tests came back good so now its just waiting for the ultrasound on 12/5! Good luck on your test today!

Test #1 11/15/11
Hcg 338 Prog 41.2

Test #2 11/17/11
Hcg 668 Prog 45.9

Ultrasound 12/5/11

[quote=Laurucha]At four weeks? 338 is definitely higher than average!

A low beta number could be a sign of a miscarriage, but low in more like below 50. There are a wide range of normal results. The important thing is that the numbers increase (ideally double every 48 hours), not what the numbers are.[/quote]

Sounds like a great beta to me!!! Low betas can indicate miscarriage, but yours is not low :).

[quote=orange13]Laurucha, looks like we are on the same timeline. This was our second try at IVF and our first frozen transfer. Both tests came back good so now its just waiting for the ultrasound on 12/5! Good luck on your test today!

Test #1 11/15/11
Hcg 338 Prog 41.2

Test #2 11/17/11
Hcg 668 Prog 45.9

Ultrasound 12/5/11[/quote]Congratulations on those numbers! :cheer: It looks like you have a very strong embryo (or two!) in there.

I was waiting for the results of my second beta. I am scared, because last time we had bad news for the second beta. I keep imagining the nurse calling with her concerned voice instead of her good news voice.:frowning:

Hang in there, that’s what I keep telling my wife anyway :slight_smile: She couldn’t handle the phone call so we opted for their phone message service. We’ll be praying for your family, but I’m sure you won’t need it!

Hey Ladies. Just read the post. I had my 1st beta of 46 and 2nd beta of 89. I had my 3rd beta today. I am now officially worried about m/c and just praying that the numbers continue to double. I really just hope that numbers more then double. Ahh…:pray: :pray: :pray:

[quote=blessed143]Hey Ladies. Just read the post. I had my 1st beta of 46 and 2nd beta of 89. I had my 3rd beta today. I am now officially worried about m/c and just praying that the numbers continue to double. I really just hope that numbers more then double. Ahh…:pray: :pray: :pray:[/quote]Your numbers nearly doubled in two days, so you should not be worried. The numbers are a little on the low side, but the actual numbers don’t matter, just the rate of increase. I really don’t believe your numbers are indicative of a miscarriage.