HCG Rising but not Doubling -suspected ectopic

My 1st beta came in so strong at 739 and now a week later , it is only at 1899. Ugh, I’m so upset and feel so emotionally drained from this experience. I’m going in for a third test tomorrow and then I suspect, if the numbers still are not doubling, I’ll be taking the next step towards miscarrying. It would be great to get any advice. I’m especially concerned that the doctor thinks its ectopic.

I’m trying to stay positive - looking at everything in my life and I know I’m blessed, it’s just a horrible empty feeling now knowing that this journey has come to its end. This was my last go at it. I know my feelings are normal and just think I need to get it out there to help me move on.

Thanks for listening.

[quote=Juia]My 1st beta came in so strong at 739 and now a week later , it is only at 1899. Ugh, I’m so upset and feel so emotionally drained from this experience. I’m going in for a third test tomorrow and then I suspect, if the numbers still are not doubling, I’ll be taking the next step towards miscarrying. It would be great to get any advice. I’m especially concerned that the doctor thinks its ectopic.

I’m trying to stay positive - looking at everything in my life and I know I’m blessed, it’s just a horrible empty feeling now knowing that this journey has come to its end. This was my last go at it. I know my feelings are normal and just think I need to get it out there to help me move on.

Thanks for listening.[/quote]

So when was the first test and when was the second test. How far apart exactly are they. I just hope that it is just taking its time in there :slight_smile:

Thanks Rach007. It was exactly 7 days apart so not looking good for me. :frowning:

Oh hun I am so sorry I have been there I had an ectopic 2 years ago and it is no fun to go through this. Let us know how the next beta goes.

Will do - thank you for being so kind. It so very comforting.

beta is going down - so hoping this will all happen naturally. - sigh - this is horrible

So sorry for your loss dear. I wish you swift healing.

[QUOTE=Juia]My 1st beta came in so strong at 739 and now a week later , it is only at 1899. Ugh, I’m so upset and feel so emotionally drained from this experience. I’m going in for a third test tomorrow and then I suspect, if the numbers still are not doubling, I’ll be taking the next step towards miscarrying. It would be great to get any advice. I’m especially concerned that the doctor thinks its ectopic.

Thanks for listening.[/QUOTE]

Ju-0h I am sorry, honey… Hang in there. Are u having any bleeding or pain? Did they check your progesterone?

Thanks everyone - just feeling so sad and empty - have ups and downs. I went in for an ultrasound and they saw an empty sac measuring 5 weeks - seeing it, i think, just made it worse.

Don’t know if this helps but another blogger has been struggling through this EXACT same senerio. Here’s her blog info Wishing on a Snowflake.

Sending Good Wishes your way!

So sorry to hear! I had ectopic recently. You can read my story under recent forum “tubal pregnancy” but my advice would be go to ER or ob gyn with any pressure on one side or abnormal bleeding! I also agree that a progesterone level may tell you if it’s a viable pregnancy! I ruptured and my hcg was only in the 200s but my progesterone level was 1.5 when it should have been 10 more! If your progesterone is low and they deem the pregnancy non viable I would get the methotrexate shot immediately!

The ultrasound confirmed it was in my uterus -so not ectopic - just a plain old non viable empty sac. My RE checked everywhere to rule out ectopic. I was on PIO shots so have stopped them as it sometimes tricks the body into thinking everything is fine. So now just waiting for the bleeding to start - thinking of heading to my acupuncturist to help with the process.

Thanks for the support. So appreciate it.