Heading closer to final IVF, not sure what to think

Saturday i end suppression, start my stim protocol thanksgiving day for what will be our final attempt at ART. I am not sure how to feel or what to think, after 3 failed IUI’s one successful IVF that ended in:wings: , and my most recent failed IVF. I am thankful for my son who i conceived naturally 7 years ago, but i still long for that sibling for him.
I put faith in my RE, but at my age 42, the best i can do is hope for a miracle, using my own eggs as we cannot afford a donor cycle.

I have read about ways to boost fertility change lifestyle, eating habits acupuncture etc… But in all honesty my eggs are old, naturally aged, and i believe nothing i can do will turn the clocks back and give me wonderful quality eggs at age 42. So i have decided to take it day by day and hope that with a larger quantity of eggs there will be just one of decent quality that will give us our second baby that we long so much for.

Just needed to vent

Just to give you a wee bit of hope, I had success with IVF at 42. Although I hope this cycle ends in a BFP for you, if it doesn’t and you wish to continue with ART, you may wish to ask about EPP and no suppression protocols. You do not say what your specific issue is other than age, but I have read that with older women there have been great results on those protocols. I, myself, had no suppression with my cycle.

Again, good luck to you!

[quote=Notgivinguphope]Saturday i end suppression, start my stim protocol thanksgiving day for what will be our final attempt at ART. I am not sure how to feel or what to think, after 3 failed IUI’s one successful IVF that ended in:wings: , and my most recent failed IVF. I am thankful for my son who i conceived naturally 7 years ago, but i still long for that sibling for him.
I put faith in my RE, but at my age 42, the best i can do is hope for a miracle, using my own eggs as we cannot afford a donor cycle.

I have read about ways to boost fertility change lifestyle, eating habits acupuncture etc… But in all honesty my eggs are old, naturally aged, and i believe nothing i can do will turn the clocks back and give me wonderful quality eggs at age 42. So i have decided to take it day by day and hope that with a larger quantity of eggs there will be just one of decent quality that will give us our second baby that we long so much for.

Just needed to vent

I am only 35 and went into my last cycle with the same thoughts as you. My DH and I were moving on to donor eggs after this as had poor response and the few embryos I did make were never good looking. It was hard to start the cycle knowing this was the last chance at having MY biological child. I feel you pain.

That being said, once I started the cycle I started thinking positive. I visualized myself with my baby in my arms, rocking in the chair, or sitting in the backyard. I truely believed it would happen. I know it is hard to think positively as you don’t want to be let down but at that point, I didn’t think I was going to hurt anymore thinking it would work and it didn’t, than if I thought it would not work and it didn’t. The hurt was going to be huge no matter what.

SOO I changed my tune, and believed I would respond well, and would get great embroys and I would finally have my baby… Now I am pregnant with Twins! Not only did it work but the only two eggs I had are my babies.

I really think the positive thinking helps and if you are up for it, read “The Secret”. Some of it is bull but it talks about visualizing the life you want and it will happen. I believe this works. I was on a thread of woman going into their 3rd or more and we all believed this was our time and 7 out of 8 of us all got pregnant.

SO believe this is your time, your baby, and it will happen.

what a wonderful story!!! I love it and congratulations!!!

What is EPP by the way?

essemkay- i have no underlyning issue. Being diagnosed with unexplained infertiltiy prob due to AMA.

EPP is estrogen priming protocol. I don’t know the specifics other than you do a lot of estrogen :smiley: , but there are a couple of threads about it on this website (and, of course, there’s google). What I recall is it possibly can yield a higher number of eggs and better quality eggs for women over 40 than other protocols.