Heavy periods months after ivf?

Hi ladies,

I had my first ivf at the beginning of November. My first period was very heavy and painful which most said was expected. But the last 2 since then have been just as heavy w/o pain. I have short cycles so had 3 cycles since then: 11/11, 12/7, 12/30.

Today I am on day 6 today and I it is still very heavy. :grr: Prior to ivf I had 2 heavy days and almost nothing the other 3 days.

Is this normal?

Alicia

I’ve experienced similar symptoms since starting IVF cycles…I never had heavy periods or cramps (rarely) when not cycling…The heavy bleeding is likely due to the build up of the lining from the progesterone…The in-between cycles could just be the hormones that are still in your system…I was told it is fairly common/normal…

[QUOTE=sunrisec]Hi ladies,

I had my first ivf at the beginning of November. My first period was very heavy and painful which most said was expected. But the last 2 since then have been just as heavy w/o pain. I have short cycles so had 3 cycles since then: 11/11, 12/7, 12/30.

Today I am on day 6 today and I it is still very heavy. :grr: Prior to ivf I had 2 heavy days and almost nothing the other 3 days.

Is this normal?

Alicia[/QUOTE]

I am not sure if it’s normal, but it happened to me! I have terrible periods as it is, but have had heavier periods since IVF! My cycle was in July… followed by surgery in November, so maybe that is what has caused my continual heavier than usual periods - which was already heavy to begin with! :af: is not fun!!! I can’t wait to have kiddos… I will be getting a hysterectomy afterwards. I have found that Red Raspberry Tea helps with cramps & slows up bleeding… you might want to look into that when :af: shows up!

[QUOTE=sunrisec]Hi ladies,

Is this normal?

Alicia[/QUOTE]
I also wondered this. I had my first IVF the day before Halloween and since my :bfn: my periods have been very heavy. I usually get :af: every 23-25 days and she has been coming every 20 since then. I also worried that the heavy periods were the reason my IVF failed. (possibly lining too thick?) but my RE assures me that I have a beautiful lining. Good luck to you!

Thanks Ladies.

This really sucks…My dh is not a happy camper. I am looking forward to 2 years with no period after I get pregnant (pregnancy + breastfeeding).

Good luck to all of you. :grouphug:

Probably not helpful, but just adding that I’ve experienced the opposite. I had one :af: after my cycle when I experienced the chemical pregnancy. It was my usual flow of 5 days, then had my next one a week later than is normal for me (32 days instead of 25) and it barely lasted 3 days.

My doctor says it is normal, too. In general I think all the horomones just get us out of whack.

Hope we all get our :bfp: soon. No period for a while sounds like bliss :slight_smile: