Hello Ladies!

I’m so glad I found this forum! I am going through my first IVF cycle right now. I just did the retrieval on 4/22 and I am expected to do the ET on Wednesday. I’m a little freaking out cause I got 26 fertilized eggs, isn’t that a ton?! My husband and I are 34 and healthy but I am a bit scared. Also I am super bloated. The nurse said to start taking lots of fiber to counter the progesterone’s constipation but I feel like I’m going to explode. Is that normal?
Thanks for the support!
:flower:

[QUOTE=AustinGal]I’m so glad I found this forum! I am going through my first IVF cycle right now. I just did the retrieval on 4/22 and I am expected to do the ET on Wednesday. I’m a little freaking out cause I got 26 fertilized eggs, isn’t that a ton?! My husband and I are 34 and healthy but I am a bit scared. Also I am super bloated. The nurse said to start taking lots of fiber to counter the progesterone’s constipation but I feel like I’m going to explode. Is that normal?
Thanks for the support!
:flower:[/QUOTE]
:welcome:

That is a great amount of eggs, which is good and at the same time you have to be careful your ovaries will be swollen for while, you may be feeling early symptoms of OHSS I had it after my babies were transferred. If I was you, stop drinking water and start drinking fluids that contain Electrolytes to help the swollen that is what my doctor suggested and I feel better. Also one thing that really helped was taking food with more sodium and eat more protein.

I hope you feel better and best of luck with your transfer.:bsv:babydust: :

Hi AustinGal! :welcome:

I am new to this site as well and this is also my first cycle. I am currently in the 2ww, my ET was on 04/18 and my first blood test is this Wednesday. I am soooo nervous.:pray:

You had a lot of eggs, which is great. I had 10, 6 FERTILIZED, but only 2 made it to the 5 day transfer so we had none to freeze : (. Sounds like you will have a lot more to choose from.

I was very bloated but I drank gatorade like a crazy person and by the day after transfer I felt much better. Also, the constipation is normal. I switched to a prenatal vitamin that has a stool softner in it and it has really helped me. Its called CitraNatal. A lot of insurance won’t cover it but it worth paying out of pocket for me than to deal with the constipation.

Good luck to you! :bsv: Hope you get a :bfp: !

Thanks!

:bsv: Thanks for the advice. I have been drinking Gatetorade all day and I feel a bit better. We will see what happens tomorrow (possible day 3 transfer), they said that with the number of fertilized eggs most likely I will go to day 5, but I’m anxious to know how many survived.
Thanks for the support! Good luck!! :bsv: