HELP! Abnormal first beat!

Hi, Guys! I have been reading these forums for months now, but just got the courage to write on them. I just had my first IVF experience and got the call today about my first beta. She said it was 1,007!! This is only on 11dp5dt. We only put two in! Has anyone ever heard of it being so high! I understand this could mean multiples, but it seems higher than I have ever heard of. Please share knowledge or suggestions. Kind of weirded out.

Me: PCOS (lean), 31
DH: low motility, 34
Trying for over 5 years

IVF #1
ER: 10/28 9 matured eggs
ET: 11/3 1 early blast (w/ assissted hatching) & 1 good (not great) egg *none to freeze
Beta #1 1,007:bfp: :preg:
Beta #2

It is really hard to say. You could just have implanted early and have a high hcg producer. I would tend to lean towards multiples though.Congratulations!! What did the nurse say?

Take a look at The BetaBase which gives the avergae beta numbers of people based upon how many DPO they are. It looks like for singles, twins and trips many people have betas in the same range as yours. However, it is above average for even triplets according to betabase. So…I don’t think it’s abnormal, but in the range to have a singleton or multiples.

[quote=MrsCoach]Hi, Guys! I have been reading these forums for months now, but just got the courage to write on them. I just had my first IVF experience and got the call today about my first beta. She said it was 1,007!! This is only on 11dp5dt. We only put two in! Has anyone ever heard of it being so high! I understand this could mean multiples, but it seems higher than I have ever heard of. Please share knowledge or suggestions. Kind of weirded out.

Me: PCOS (lean), 31
DH: low motility, 34
Trying for over 5 years

IVF #1
ER: 10/28 9 matured eggs
ET: 11/3 1 early blast (w/ assissted hatching) & 1 good (not great) egg *none to freeze
Beta #1 1,007:bfp: :preg:
Beta #2[/quote]

I’ve seen higher many times, but yes, it looks like a multiple. Or perhaps assisted hatching gave the one embryo a big head start?

Thanks guys. The nurse said to prepare cause it’s likely there is more than one. I’m at the hospital now for beta #2. I will definitely let you all know. Any ideas on what number I am looking for??

sweetie, I think you are high enough to say with certainty you are prego! Most people need their number to double to know that it is progressing normally, but most people also stop getting beta’s when it reaches 1000. :slight_smile:

I think as long as it has gone up you are ok. We definitely want to know what it is though!

Well…I forgot to put that we have been through 2 IUI’s and 2 miscarriages (from natural conceptions). I guess I am just so used to bad news that it seems that something is wrong, or will go wrong. Thanks so much for all your replies:-).

Any news on your second beta? Was just reading your post and wondering how I would feel if I got that same number tom (it would be the same days b/w as yours). Truthfully, I’d be ecstatic. Hope everything went well today! :bsv:

That is a great first beta! I don’t know if you are wanting multiples or not, but I can tell you that we had a very similar first beta number as you. All the nurses and RE’s were convinced that it was multiples, but they were wrong. One healthy little boy that is sitting on my lap right now :). We suffered through three miscarriages before having him so I know what you are going through. High betas are a good thing, be glad they are not low! That is when you need to worry. Hope you have a great pregnancy.

In the same boat!

I was wondering the same thing! My beta at 10dp5dt was 970 and 12dp5dt was 2624! I don’t have an U/S until Dec. 2 and cannot wait! I calculated my doubling time at 27 hours! You should calculate your doubling time when you get your next beta! Good luck, can’t wait to see what we both have! :cheer:

My second beta came back 2,364. The nurse seems to think this is great news, so I am happy. My 7 week sono is scheduled for Monday, Dec. 5th.
I am actually hoping there are two, but I guess we will see:clap: .
Thanks, guys:-))

My gosh! That is an amazing beta for 19dpo! congratulations!!

Great news!!! I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy!!! Let us know how many you have in there after your ultrasound. :slight_smile: