Help! Going crazy!

Hi everyone, is my first time writing about what’s going on with my body, and I could really use some advise,
I’ve been ttc for 4 years now, on metformin for pcos and clomid this month,
I had iui 9 days ago and am on progesterone, I have very tender breasts and felt nauseous this morning, I’ve also been going to the toilet every thirty minutes,
I had both sides ovulate this month,
My questions are- how soon can I go for a blood test beta hcg… I am on day 27 of a thirty odd day cycle, when will it not show up as a false negative?
Could this all be in my head? It feels as if it will never happen for me, I am trying so hard to be supportive of my friends that are pregnant but it crushes me…
Also, if I ovulated from both sides, does this increase my chances?
Thank you for taking the time to read this, it feels good not to be alone…

Hello dentistttc, :welcome:

I think it would definitely help your chances since you ovulated from both sides. Maybe even twins. If I were you I would ask my Dr/RE about the beta blood test. They would have a better idea of when you should. I guess anything is possible and it could be in your head but it sounds more like to me that you have a good shot at getting your :bfp: this month.

Good Luck! :pray: :cross: :bsv:

[quote=dentistttc]Hi everyone, is my first time writing about what’s going on with my body, and I could really use some advise,
I’ve been ttc for 4 years now, on metformin for pcos and clomid this month,
I had iui 9 days ago and am on progesterone, I have very tender breasts and felt nauseous this morning, I’ve also been going to the toilet every thirty minutes,
I had both sides ovulate this month,
My questions are- how soon can I go for a blood test beta hcg… I am on day 27 of a thirty odd day cycle, when will it not show up as a false negative?
Could this all be in my head? It feels as if it will never happen for me, I am trying so hard to be supportive of my friends that are pregnant but it crushes me…
Also, if I ovulated from both sides, does this increase my chances?
Thank you for taking the time to read this, it feels good not to be alone…[/quote]

Hi :slight_smile: Well since you ovulated from both sides you definitely have a better chance as long as your follies were all mature enough to conceive! Unfortunately the Clomid can make you feel all of these symptoms or none at all. I was on Clomid for 6 cycles and felt all of the symptoms a pregnant lady would, including VERY tender breasts and nausea. Normally you can get a Beta test done around 14dpiui but they don’t recommend sooner than that. I hope this is your lucky month!! Keep us updated :slight_smile:

Unfortunately you can’t trust the symptoms. Progesterone causes all of these early pregnancy symptoms. I would not take an hpt before 12 or 13dpiui. Usually beta tests can be scheduled at 14 or 15dpiui, but some clinics require a positive hpt first. Check with yours.